Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I see what you are saying but what I see is people who hate Sylvanas so much that they will spin the cinematic to fit their agenda even when they know intellectually what they are saying is false..
    Except what @Armael was saying was simply jumping on the bandwagon of your post that couldn't even stay on point it was actually addressing, making both their remarks about Dunning-"Kreuger" (it's actually Kruger, making it all the more ironic) effect and your remarks about what @Jastall was saying being false blatantly wrong. And I'm sorry to inform you, but your projection about dem people who hate Sylvanas!!1! with some nebulous agenda is not going to fly here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Garbage is garbage. Write garbage story, get garbage comparisons. If they wrote something good, people would comment that it was good.
    So if I say your post was garbage what does that mean about you? Generally curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Nah, I'm willing to bet at least seven stray cats that almost every single negative comment on this video went into watching it with the idea that they were going to hate it.
    Of course. After all, as it's widely known negativity towards Blizzard can only ever be a result of a soul thoroughly bathed in sin and it could never come as a result of people simply finding flaws in what the divine company is doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Of course. After all, as it's widely known negativity towards Blizzard can only ever be a result of a soul thoroughly bathed in sin and it could never come as a result of people simply finding flaws in what the divine company is doing.
    One would have to wonder why people are continuing to consume a product for which they've long since abandoned the hope of improving. I'm not saying that modern Blizzard's storytelling is the peak of human creativity, just that if somebody goes into something knowing they're going hate it then end up hating it... it's not as if Blizzard is going to redeem itself in a single fucking cinematic. That doesn't seem like a fault of the product these people are consuming. Maybe I'm just weird but if I'm not interested in something anymore I simply don't bother with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    So if I say your post was garbage what does that mean about you? Generally curious.
    Nothing, it means you did not like what I had to say, your opinion is yours to make. Just like mine is mine and I abhor the writing involved with Sylvanas, she is without a doubt the worst written character in WoW lore. And she will get a garbage redemption. That being said, it IS just my opinion. And judging by the reaction, quite a few other people have the same opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    look at what you are doing, comparin a DBZ anime to wow lore like its top writing quality, lmao

yet, you are comapring two different things, is ok to like villains, but do a shit redemption after what they did? no, its bullshit

This. Dragon Ball and WoW aren't remotely comparable. First of all, I don't even think Dragon Ball directly uses the word genocide, though maybe they do in regards to what happened to planet Vegeta, idk.

But they don't handle the same themes in the same way. Dragon Ball is lighthearted even at the worst of times to the point that a tournament for the fate of entire universes is spun as a fun fighting arena arc with slight bits of "oh god I'm desperate not to get wiped out."

Vegeta wiping out entire planets isn't spun as some kind of tragic, monstrous act. It's done to showcase how powerful he is when he's first introduced and set up as a villain. To give the watcher/reader an idea of just the type of shit Vegeta can casually do. Sure, it also cements him as a villain, but its main purpose is to show "wow, this guy just destroyed an entire planet without a sweat, how will Goku deal with him???" Further to that point, Beerus legitimately just destroys or half-destroys planets on a whim later on, because he doesn't like their food or something trivial like that.

WoW tries to hone in on it as a tragedy, a shocking, immoral act of wanton violence and destruction; cheap shock writing. The problem then becomes that they don't see it through. They pull that card, everyone gasps and then it's unceremoniously swept under the rug for the most part. And when it's brought up, it's almost exclusively done to focus on how the Burning of Teldrassil affected OTHERS. That being Sylvanas, Saurfang, etc. It makes the night elves out to be ritual sandbags to be killed off or maimed for the purposes of others' story.

And when the night elves are focused on, it's either because Blizzard fears "those uppity night elf fans will flip a lid if they dont get a token questline cookie" or to push the notion that the time of grief is over and the night elves should just deal with it, and those who don't are crazed and irredeemably vengeful and self-destructive.

Dragon Ball doesn't presume to use genocide or omnicide as a tragedy, WoW does, but then refuses to give the topic the respect it is due and just crams it back in the drawer when they're bored of it.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2021-12-08 at 06:09 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm just glad my waifu is gonna be ok... they had me worried there a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    I'm just glad my waifu is gonna be ok... they had me worried there a bit
    You're waifu is dead, Dartz.

I hope she will lead Forsaken again. If Alliance and Horde traitors are pissed, so be it.

I think this cutscene is hot garbage, but I didn't go in thinking that. I went in with years of well-earned skepticism at WoW's ability to tell what I subjectively consider a "good story" or produce "good writing". Having watched it, I'm still skeptical, but I definitely don't think the cutscene is as definitive as some people do. At the moment it's all just talky-talk; we'll see how the in-setting actions follow.

It continues to seem plainly obvious to me, though, that Sylvanas has become a gangrenous limb on the body that is WoW. And I think most people recognize that the limb needs to be amputated for the body to survive. Then there's folks who stand there, either: stupidly desperate in their hopes, clinging to the past, or indifferent about it who just keep saying "its not that bad, things can turn around!" while the body goes into sepsis and dies.

The fastest way to a better WoW is to push Sylvanas into a woodchipper (slowly now, she deserves it) and aim the chunky salsa spray directly into a toilet. Then flush. It sucks to throw away 17 years of character development but they seem to be doing that anyhow, so why not just pull the bandaid off and do it quickly so they can recover and move on.

And Blizzard strips another female character of her agency.
    And branders and consumers blindly cheer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Yes they did lmao. It is not even close.
    walk trough me, of how Kael'thas did worse than Sylvanas, please, i want to see the big brain time

It would be so much funnier if she woke up in her evil form

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awfulx View Post
    I.. LOVED it. I really did. No one comments anything positive anymore. It's like anyone with a positive view just keeps it to themselves, only negativity is spoken... In game and out of game.
    You know how it works, those who are unhappy scream the loudest.
    Think of this, so many people who still like WoW are playing the game. Maybe some don't like the story and some do.
    Personally, I like Sylvansas to be redeemed. Not a fan at all, but she looked like a real banshee queen to me.
    Her character fitted her and she would have made a great warchief.

She also made the undead and the blood elves more attached to the horde.
    Would like to see her as banshee still, not back as high elf.
    For this I have to wait and see......
    Last edited by BB8; 2021-12-08 at 07:31 PM.

I knew exactly what the comment section would look like lmao

some of ya'll have as much irrational hate for sylvanas as danuser has irrational love

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You're waifu is dead, Dartz.
    nah the jailer gave her back mortality so she's a highe lf look at the cutscene when she wake sup her eyes are blue like when she was a high elf general
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is pure perfection.

I knoew from day 1 that she was not herself, but the possesion of a corrupted spirit left by behind in eternal twists by the Lich King.

We all knew that.
    She did nothing wrong on her own. Just like Arthas. Both of their bad actions came only under a corruption form. None can deny that.

Also, another note: those graphics are new and they look like something more than just made for cinematics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    People being drama queens as usual. It's really not that bad, it makes sense, but maybe a bit too predictable.

I'm more interested in the visual update.

I wonder if that is a test run for a new engine update in 10.0? They usual slip next expansion stuff they're done with in with the last patch.

It looks good. Like a mix of OW and Hots style, as others have been saying.
    Don´t know if that but it certainly is something.

One could argue that it is simply a cheaper way of making cinematic, instead of the one such as expansion trailers. So gotta be cautious and see... however, I have a feeling that something is cooking

I liked it a lot. It's not groundbreaking on a storytelling level, but it's solid. There were some minor inconsistencies here and there in the story of Sylvanas, but that's probably due to the sheer length of time over which the story was told, the number of people who contributed, and the fact that this is a commercial game - gameplay and business decisions are understandably non-trivial factors.
    Now, people are free to criticize it as they wish, but blanket statements like "it's complete garbage", or ad hominem attacks cannot be addressed or debated.
    My main concerns with Shadowlands are actually with the Jailor and not Sylvanas. We don't hate him, we don't really care what he does or happens to him. His introduction was abrupt, lacking flavor and character establishing plots, we got very little background information about him. A "Warbringers"-style animated series over the Jailor's background could have fixed this for me.
    Last edited by whyabadi; 2021-12-08 at 08:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by h8ryan View Post
    I knew exactly what the comment section would look like lmao

some of ya'll have as much irrational hate for sylvanas as danuser has irrational love
    For Sylvanas and bad writing.*

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    nah the jailer gave her back mortality so she's a highe lf look at the cutscene when she wake sup her eyes are blue like when she was a high elf general
    You missed the dead pale blue skin and the gaping hole near her collarbone then? Her eyes are also just glowing blue now, they aren't the normal blue of helfs. She is still very much dead, just with a less fucked up soul now.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.