Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

[Spoilers] Shattered legacies (new cinematic)

Didn't see this cinematic discussed anywhere yet so here we go.

My thoughts:
    - Why do these cinematics look a lot more 'cartoony'? The way Sylvanas uses her hands to talk just looks goofy.
    - Why did they give her those bangs. It's 2021, those emo bangs haven't been cute since 2007. Her hair looks more like fleshy tendrils than actual hair as well.
    - Also noticed they removed her mail 'underwear'. Honestly should've redesigned her entire lower half. Looks weird as hell now.
    - The way she opened her eyes at the end looks exactly like Bella Swan at the beginning of the last twilight movie. Can't unsee it.
    - Also surprise, surprise, she'll get a redemption arc. Who saw that coming..

Bwahahah- wait, they are serious?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Bwahahah- wait, they are serious?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Yes they are. Uther playing Sylvie's therapist. The memes write themselves at this point.

From my point of view Sylvanas died in the previous patch.
    This "new sylvanas" is another pj. She is the one who comes out alone in W3 before she dies.

Which is good because it confirms my theory that when Sylvanas died she was not going to indulge the Kaldorei's thirst for vengeance in the least.

Let the Jailer win, end this
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    It isn't bad on its own. It is just terrible in context.

It fits lore, but it is something that should have been addressed or hinted at long before.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post

It fits lore, but it is something that should have been addressed or hinted at long before.
    Still it looks terribly cartoony and goofy. Looks more like hots than wow.

Imagine writing a near genocide into your narrative in order to redeem Sylvanas. Sylvanas going to get lightforged the marry Anduin and unite the factions.

Wow, the new character models (Sylvanas, Alleria, past Uther) look garbage.

If someone had shown these snips to me six months ago and told me that Blizzard entertainment released this to the public, I would've scoffed.

Anyway, this is yet another pre-rendered cinematic where all that happens is characters standing around talking. I remember when the pre-rendered cinematics were used to tell events that were impossible to show ingame, like Deathwing smashing an airship or tendrils from the moon raising Ysera to heaven. But Blizzard is wasting their cinematics budget on soap opera? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

If someone had shown these snips to me six months ago and told me that Blizzard entertainment released this to the public, I would've scoffed.

Anyway, this is yet another pre-rendered cinematic where all that happens is characters standing around talking. I remember when the pre-rendered cinematics were used to tell events that were impossible to show ingame, like Deathwing smashing an airship or tendrils from the moon raising Ysera to heaven. But Blizzard is wasting their cinematics budget on soap opera? What?
    Right??? They look like Disney characters, I hate it so much.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Really tired of the pre-rendered cinematics where all the characters do is just talk, when that could have easily been accomplished in an in-game cutscene that would take way less effort to produce

I like see ranger general

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post

This is a good way to phrase it. I saw the Cinematic and thought "well, actually that is not too bad, they are adressing Teldrassil somewhat correctly at least.", but the redemption arc feels incredible forced. Yeah, we had the possibility hinted at because of Uther, but good soul issue was... "The same but different".
    It apparently worked in a completely other way, so this "excuse" of "it was me but actually no it was not me" is just to shallow.

On the other hand, what can they do at this point? They have fucked the lore up already, everyone hates Sylvanas and just wants her story to end. They see simply can not fix it and need to get through the next feel years somehow until people start to forget.

5+ Year Old Account
    Anyone with at least a couple of operational brain cells could see Sylv's effective redemption from a mile away... But from an in-story PoV, it feels completely out of place, not to mention that the ultimate argument for 'awakening' Sylv is that she's the only one who can wrangle Our Treasure off Zovvy's grasp.

The memes are writing themselves at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

This isn't supposed to be Alleria, it's Sylvanas' good side. And yes, it doesn't look like a WoW cinematic at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Terrible new animation design, especially Uther looks extremly bad. Mixing the new design with the old design (jaina, baine, etc...) feels out of place.

Also, lul at the sylvanus fan boys. Looks like she is the baddy after all, kek.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodric View Post
    Did you and I watch the same thing? I don't think we did.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    God, i had to push msyelf trough the cringe, this maybe the worst cinematic ever

They literally pulled "it was another sylvanas who did the bad things not this one guys, so its all good" using the "soul was divided'' bullshit

And they are even making like she is the victim,"you have to accept it was the bad sylvanas who did this, not this one, she was not in control, this Sylvanas don't deserve the hate"

Im baffled how the lore team keeping surprising us making things worse and worse, that has to be awarded somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodric View Post
    ??? Not sure I'm following your logic. She straight up is confirmed not to be the same person that we've seen. I know Uther tries to play it off like "No, that is you" but it's literally two separate fragments of her soul. The complete Sylvanas wouldn't have done the things that the Banshee did. I think the story is really stupid as they just erased the entire story of Sylvanas post death and replaced her with a new character we've basically never seen before outside of the one mission in WC3 where she dies to Arthas. They really should have never introduced this concept and just let Sylvanas be evil because she was evil.

my god this is awesome.
    OH MY GOD it is FAR BETTER than I could've it imagined hahahahahahahhahahahahhaha <3

curious if the typical "Sylvanas will die this patch" mmo champion cope-ers are still coping hahahahahhaha

Damn wha ta good day to be a Sylvanas loyalist.