Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Would you want limited time items returned or to remain rare?

Mage tower got me thinking about this with heirlooms though it applies to a host of items.

Would you want to see limited time items returned and if so to what capacity?

For myself I would like to see heirloom and removed heroic mounts return as they don't really feel tied to anything meaningful to me beyond showing you were subbed during that time period of the game. While other items like pvp sets I am rather torn on as I can't really see a way to emulate the difficulty of obtaining those rewards during their individual seasons.

Hard question. But overall i guess i would love to get "Events" where you can get removed transmogs/heirlooms/mounts whatever. I would to mage tower if i could get the "flail" transmog for tank warriors, but cause its just boring/ugly sets (talking for MOnk & Warrior) im not interested at all in mage tower.

My Warrior is wearing for 10 Years now a Season 10 Elite PvP Set, and over the last couple of years i just saw a hand full of people with this set. Often i get whispers and compliments for my Transmog ( https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...rall/Saixilein ) if everyone could get it again now im sure i wont get any comments anymore Ofc nothing important that i would lose...

On the otherside i could get the s9 Elite gear, cause back then in Cata i just reached 2198 and then dropped rating... feeling so bad, that i never got it.

Overall i would like the idea, if its still a challenge to get these items, but it should be doable solo.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely, the only reason I don’t do much rated pvp is that past elite sets are unavailable. if you could get something like the vicious saddle for past sets I’d actually do rated pvp regularly.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been a fan of removing items from the game for any reason. It gives way too much of a FOMO feel to the game as opposed to a full MMO feeling. I'm all for making those things harder to get, but it essentially means that anyone who starts after a certain date will miss out on items. For example, the Black Qiraji mount that was available during the Gates of AQ was pretty awesome, but anyone that found the game in late Vanilla or later now can't get it. Given the age of WoW, how many players now can't get that mount simply because they were born too late?

Make it hard, make it rare...but make it so that we can still earn this stuff in game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Removing stuff makes me want to play less. When i came back for shadowlands after not playing BfA i was so bummed that i wouldn't get that cool forsaken mount. Made me want to play my forsaken characters less.

That strongly depends if I have the item. If I already have it I want it to remain rare, if I don't have it I want the possibility to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Absolutely, the only reason I don’t do much rated pvp is that past elite sets are unavailable. if you could get something like the vicious saddle for past sets I’d actually do rated pvp regularly.
    Pvp rewards are the real gray area for me... mostly due to balancing. Is it acceptable to allow people to wait till a class is overpowered then farm up sets that are exceedingly rare from seasons when the class was weak?

I personally dont know where I stand on that. I am leaning towards a 2 expansions latter kind of mindset.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipped coin View Post
    Pvp rewards are the real gray area for me... mostly due to balancing. Is it acceptable to allow people to wait till a class is overpowered then farm up sets that are exceedingly rare from seasons when the class was weak?

I personally dont know where I stand on that. I am leaning towards a 2 expansions latter kind of mindset.
    I mean that’s how mythic/heroic sets work once there legacy content so why not pvp as well which is still harde then running legacy raids.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, you'll always get people that get annoyed about something being put back into the game what was completely removed. I'd be fine if some stuff was brought back and put into the BMAH like they did with the old ZG mounts (using them as an example).
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

FOMO items punish people for not being subscribed. The people who got the items aren't special because they happened to be playing during the window of opportunity.

Make the Mage Tower permanent. Bring back the Battle for the Undercity, the MoP and WoD legendary questlines, etc. Bring back the Brutosaur mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I mean that’s how mythic/heroic sets work once there legacy content so why not pvp as well which is still harde then running legacy raids.
    You might be right... I just sort pvp differently in my mind through admittedly I struggle to justify why. Just " how it always was" kind of logic.

I have nothing against rewards being permanent if the difficulty remains stagnant. I have an issue if the reward is made obsolete by gear and levels.

I'm a big fan of how FFXIV does things like POTD and HoH, the necromancer was a super fun achievement to go after. I hope they add more and more stuff like the mage tower where it's a flat template and just keep it around forever.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-12-10 at 05:01 PM.

On principle, I am against discontinuing any items in on-line games. I think everything should always be available to get regardless of when you started playing.

However, after so many years of this 'feature' being in the game I would be against changing it now. That's just how wow is. We got used to it. Many of us made many gameplay choices based on the current rules. Some people even spent real life money and a lot of it (not me) to get 15 year old tcg codes etc. So my answer to that, specifically for WoW, is no.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    There shall be nothing in the game which cannot be obtained at a later time. Things that are available can be extremely rare. Big love rocket, raid mounts, gladiator title, etc.

returned. preferably to be obtained the same way as they originally were, or as close to as possible
    so for example for the WotLK Naxx mounts, a flexible scaling version that offers the mounts. for old PVP mogs, have them obtainable if you get a similar ranking or have them be rare drops from battleground reward chests or something
    and all the removed content? put it back. too much content thrown in your face could be overwhelming, but having an NPC somewhere who can offer you classic version dungeons or the WotLK Battle for Undercity so the content is still available in some way just gives players more options of things to do, which is good for players and good for blizz

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in support of bringing it all back tbh.

Things like the Legendary Questlines should NEVER have been removed if only for story reasons. Pretty sure the cloak one also cuts people off of a world boss fight and it just gives players more content in downtime

As for transmog/appearance items maybe take a que from ffxiv where during long patch cycles they add a special currency and vendor that lets you buy old/rarer items(as well as exclusive ones) until the new patch comes out

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Items/achievs no, content yes. It's stupid that many important story events from legendary questline or pre-patches got removed.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    For example, the Black Qiraji mount that was available during the Gates of AQ was pretty awesome, but anyone that found the game in late Vanilla or later now can't get it. Given the age of WoW, how many players now can't get that mount simply because they were born too late?

Make it hard, make it rare...but make it so that we can still earn this stuff in game.
    Do you even realize what it took to get that mount? You think people who have it, do so only because they happened to play at that time? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Would rather see items come back. Was never a fan of FOMO and it’s designed in such a way that can burn people out. The average player doesn’t put over 4-6hrs a week like many believe (see: any study), but the average player does invest time grinding for something, even if it takes years.

Players will play at their own pace, not the pace that designers enforce, this also applies to time gates and PvE embedded timers like M+. It makes it harder to subscribe to a game or game pass, especially for new and returning players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Do you even realize what it took to get that mount? You think people who have it, do so only because they happened to play at that time? lol
    It took a guild, good internet connection, and a decent computer that could handle over 40 players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    That strongly depends if I have the item. If I already have it I want it to remain rare, if I don't have it I want the possibility to get it.
    Pretty much KEKW.

---

My take - unobtainable items are cool and 100% should be something that happens every expansion, it gives these few special props for characters that can't be just grinded out by random pepegas once expansion is done.

For example some Legion weapon skins being unobtainable is great, IMO.

For example like this staff

Total feelsgood knowing random Timmy won't have it by oneshotting bosses in Tomb of Sargeras or some such.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-12-10 at 05:27 PM.