Will the lore of wow ever end?

(This has nothing to do with WOW is dying thing) Just from lore perspective, would we see an end of lore? Just like starcraft universe ends with starcraft 2?

The end of the lore is the end of the game, not sooner or later. As long as the game's going well, they will make up stuff, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by ruwshtyb View Post
    (This has nothing to do with WOW is dying thing) Just from lore perspective, would we see an end of lore? Just like starcraft universe ends with starcraft 2?
    I can see Blizzard trying to pull a Warhammer End Times style reboot in a few years in a last ditch attempt to try to stir up as much publicity as possible ("It's the end of Warcraft!"), and rebooting and trying to appeal to younger folk, as Warcraft doesn't seem to be bringing in young folk anymore. I don't think it will succeed.

Even to definite endings there can always be a sequel. We've seen this for movies and books.

So no, as long as there is money to pay a writer the show can go on.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Once we've fully explored it all I guess? going off this map https://i.redd.it/awhdk7pnd1x31.jpg we've dealt with the Burning Legion, the Old Gods, the Pantheon of Order and the Pantheon of Death. Going further I guess we will eventually meet the Pantheons of Light, Life, Shadow and Disorder - guessing Elune is part of the Pantheon of Life, the Void Lords could be the Pantheon of Shadow...? maybe Azeroth will be the sole member of the Pantheon of Everything (for lack of a better term) because it has been subjected to literally every force from each of the corners of that map from the Undead, to Old Gods, to the Burning Legion, to the Naaru, the Titan-forged and the Wild Gods.

I strongly think that either the next expansion or the one after will be dealing with the Light forces; we will encounter Yrel again who has found her way to AU Azeroth, enslaved the Bronze Dragonflight and opened a portal to our Azeroth invading it. this could open the door for new allied/core races joining us from AU Azeroth; it would be very cool to see an alternate Azeroth which might have had a very different history to our Azeroth
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2021-12-08 at 06:39 AM.

didnt wow lore ended years ago ?

oh, someone still taking wows „lore“ (when you even can use this word for Danusers last 5 years) serious ?

crazy ppls.

When Azeroth hatches. End of the world, unless you're a Gnome... they'd live in her ears;

I just pretend it ended in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will never end if one is willing to make a new adventure.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I honestly see 3 possible scenarios with varying degrees of probability that I pulled out of my ass.

1. Warcraft as a franchise is no longer profitable or Activision/Blizzard shuts down and anyone who snatches the Warcraft liscense doesn't do anything with it. Might get an ending might not. I'd say this will eventually happen whether it's the end of wow's lore or not who's to say.

2. Story gets to a point that the devs and writers don't want to drag it out anymore. As such game continues gets updates and dungeons with a half assed lore reason every so often but "systems" stop happening since no lore to explain them. Wow becomes more of a slice of life sandbox rpg and lasts until 1 happens.

3. 2 happens but they just kinda reboot it to a point where they just write new lore..something something the players are in another dimension but all the NPCs are long gone...unlikely

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you ask me, the Universe of Azeroth and World of Warcraft has way way more Lore to give us.

Its like the Real World History, only way it will end is for the entire World to end, so dont worry, we will have many many more World of Warcraft Expansions ^^
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Funny thing, it doesn't actually. There was at least one book that came out after SC2, detailing events beyond the epilogue.

It effectively ended in Legion with some rushed tidying up in BFA. They used up their villains gallery from WC1-3 without properly building up anything else. There's so much space and time to tell stories in this game but they've sorta stopped properly building up the future.

Yeah there's the void lords but they're barely mentioned in game. Honestly a Void Lord is just going to be like the Jailer was to Sageras.