Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nope, and anyone who says otherwise has really shit memory, didn't play during said expansion, or have a serious pair of rose-tinted goggles.

Even Vanilla was shit on by people. Every. Single. Expansion. Was.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I dont get why Blizzard just didnt open up for easy cov swapping to begin with. I mean, whats the harm? 9.1.5 shows that there aint no harm to it.
    I actually disagree here. I really liked the idea of a "subclass" that you have to dedicate your character to. Like there would also be "no harm" in letting people swap their class and race at will, mechanically speaking, but that sort of defeats the purpose of roleplaying a real character. If I had designed covenants, all of the spells would have been cosmetic glyphs to replace existing class spells, so nobody would have "needed" to be in the best covenant for different types of content. That or just only allow Covenant spells in open world content.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No, each one was.
    Yet you are still following it and posting. Go figure. It must not have been that bad.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I actually disagree here. I really liked the idea of a "subclass" that you have to dedicate your character to. Like there would also be "no harm" in letting people swap their class and race at will, mechanically speaking, but that sort of defeats the purpose of roleplaying a real character. If I had designed covenants, all of the spells would have been cosmetic glyphs to replace existing class spells, so nobody would have "needed" to be in the best covenant for different types of content. That or just only allow Covenant spells in open world content.
    Theres a difference to that. When you pick a class & race, you decide what to play. No matter the class you pick, they are all able to take part in most(if not all) content most of the time. With the covenants at launch there wasnt really much of a choice most of the time cause certain covenants was way to good not to pick. If you did, you handicapped yourself. You dont handicap yourself if you decide on playing a mage instead of warlock.

If they did what you suggested and make covenant only glyph/tmog/flair focused, it wouldnt have been much of a issue to begin with. Cause at that point its all about personal flaire and nothing to do with player power.

You'd have to buy into the idea that "the community" speaks as one voice for this to be a discussion. Every expansion has its good points and bad, just like every expansion has its detractors and defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    You forgot how BC introduced flying and ruined world pvp forever.

Now people absolutely lose their minds if they have to spend more than 1 second online to use flying in a new zone, they need it that badly.
    Flying Mounts and War Mode were huge, huge mistakes that killed the 'World' in 'World of Warcraft'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incessant bitching on forums about current content was always a thing.

However do mind that every expansion ever had its own share of genuine issues.

not all complaints are created equal

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    the more people you have playing your game means you are doing something right. people bitching up a storm about wrath of the lich king is unwarranted. raw numbers prove that the shitting on is uncalled for. it just means that individual in particular doesnt like it. complaints are fine, but completely shitting on it when it had the highest numbers of all time doenst make a lick of sense. if people are shitting on a game you make, and it is 10 years old but yet you have the highest raw numbers of any point in the exsistance of the game are you gonna overhaul everything to accomidate those shitting on it or are you going to go about what you were doing in the past as it was working while your numbers constantly grew. as long as numbers grow the complaints of the few are meaningless. now with the later expansions with people shitting on everything and anything and numbers consistently going down id say the shitting on is warranted. popularity of a game is def a factor and a good measurement to tell yourself if you are doing something right and the path you need to move forward in. if you feel the quality of a game is bad who are you? does everyone feel that way? are yours and my def of a quality game the same? you use raw sub numbers. as 12 million active subs are greater than your complaint that the game is shit in quality.
    This isn't really as things work. Shifting player numbers can have many reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    People like to complain. It’s easy and addicting. We condition ourselves to to be hyper critical and then feel the need to let others know how we feel. This pattern repeats itself and then we become compulsive complainers. It’s why I sympathize to people working customer service. It’s depressing and stressful to have to listen to people complain when you can’t tell them you don’t care or tell them off.

People have complained about every expansion and will continue to do so.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    You forgot how BC introduced flying and ruined world pvp forever.
    Wpvp ruined wpvp. I didn't know what "PVP" meant on the realm selection page when I first started. Soon as I learned "PVP means players can fuck with you and impede what you're working on whenever they want" I was gonnnnnnnne. No realm transfer back then but I swapped servers so quick lol.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    To a certain degree I can respect that. But when they realised how badly it worked out(not long after SL launch), they should have just done what they did in 9.1.5. It sucks that Blizzard is SO slow in making changes.
    They probably think "Let's give them time to see if they REALLY don't like it or if they are just overreacting"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    "The Dragon makes too much noise in the login screen"

Ah, those were the days
    I mean that bitch was loud, whenever I started the client back in Wrath I'd mute Wow right as the dragon roared then unmute it lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

WoD and Shadowlands actually deserved all the shit it got, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its the level of shit that matters every expansion has problems. With Wrath Cata Mop got very little but WoD BFA and SL get mountains of shit because blizz did terrible with them.

Success has made Blizz arrogant they feel untouchable which is partly why they have done such terrible things behind closed doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    You left out BC. "Wtf I'm replacing my epics with greens?!"
    And giving Alliance shaman and Horde paladins. And "ruining" the game, and particularly the Legion, with sci fi features like spaceships, and ruining the game by letting scrubs get raid gear from a vendor for running dungeons.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    People have always complained since before the game even launched. That much is true.

However, its also disingenuous to pretend all these complaints are equal. There's a massive difference between someone saying they don't like pandas and someone complaining because the game has become an unfun chorefest.
    You mean like in MoP where there was a massive outcry about the daily chorefest system and how long it took (real time days) to get to the required reputation with hardly any way to increase reputation? Lets not pretend these chores haven't been around since TBC but in MoP it was the worst it ever was and probably ever will be. Also, downplaying the importance of complaints is disingenuous just because they're not your complaints. All people have an equally valid view of what they think is wrong with the game. Its Blizzards job to decide which of these complaints to act on, not random Internet poster 5324784.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Its the level of shit that matters every expansion has problems. With Wrath Cata Mop got very little but WoD BFA and SL get mountains of shit because blizz did terrible with them.

Success has made Blizz arrogant they feel untouchable which is partly why they have done such terrible things behind closed doors.
    Yeah, you haven't played during this expansions. Wrath was hailed as basically the death of "hardcore" wow and the game going full casual and players who started with Wrath of the Lichking were bullied as Wrath kiddies for years. There was a sentiment of classic and to a lesser extend Burning Crusade being the most hardcore and difficult stages of the game and the changes made to increase accessibility during Wrath were considered as catering towards casuals and making the game too easy, as well as giving off free epics.

Nobody hates any franchise more than their fans.
    Also entitled kids think that the best way to get attention is to whine like a little bitch.

there are a lot of things wrong in the game but players take all the things that work well for granted. If things are easy some players complain about that, when its too hard other players complain about that. when there are several difficulties then they complain that it takes too long to do them all, if the rewards are shared then there is no point in doing harder ones.

You cant play the game and post comments at the same time, you devote attention to whichever one you enjoy the most. If you enjoy spiting the game on forums thats where you will be, if you enjoy playing the game that is where you will be.

Quote Originally Posted by KSM899 View Post
    I've been playing since BC, I would say Legion was the least xpac community complained about.

WoD was the most, closely followed by BFA and Shadowlands.
    Everyone memed the " I AM MY SCARS " cinematic. They were also mocking Blizzard for using Illidan, accusing him of being a ''Break glass if subs are low'' emergency button. Same with the Legion.

They were also complaining about all the volcanic land and the green.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You mean like in MoP where there was a massive outcry about the daily chorefest system and how long it took (real time days) to get to the required reputation with hardly any way to increase reputation? Lets not pretend these chores haven't been around since TBC but in MoP it was the worst it ever was and probably ever will be. Also, downplaying the importance of complaints is disingenuous just because they're not your complaints. All people have an equally valid view of what they think is wrong with the game. Its Blizzards job to decide which of these complaints to act on, not random Internet poster 5324784.
    What a bizarre response. First of all, I was responding to that poster's summary of complaints about each expansion. I am aware a lot people hated dailies in MoP. And in the same breath, grindy systems and chores are far from the only things people hate about modern WoW. Nothing I said was meant to be a totality of the gripes on WoW over the years.

As the second part of your post, I honestly don't know what you're even going on about. Never did I insinuate criticism about the game is bad nor that I am the arbiter who chooses what criticisms are worthy. My point was merely that people complain even when things mildly upset them or upset them enough to quit and those types of complaints are equal.

No there hasn't, however the intensity of the hate was greater for some than others. But let's not pretend that some these complaints weren't legitimate. There's no such thing as a perfect expansion because they're made by humans and humans are fallible. People are allowed to take issue with each expansion and state their problems with them. If these flaws aren't made known then how can they be addressed? Some of you act like people shouldn't be allowed to say anything unless it's positive or you agree with it and banish it as hating for hate's sake.

For the record, I've only ever truly disliked two WoW expansions those being Shadowlands and BFA. I cannot stand the poor writing, mishandling, waste, and ruination of elements prevalent throughout Shadowlands and BFA. I don't like what they've done with or how they handled a lot of characters lately. They feel more and more generic with each passing patch and act in ways not true to who they are. Some character arcs feel inorganic and progress too quickly or abruptly while others slingshot between regression and progression (Sylvanas and Jaina). A few characters have been butchered by poor portrayal, by holding the idiot ball or both. There are places in Shadowlands where one main character can be exchanged with another without any effect because the dialogue is so generic.

Bolvar is the most egregious example I can think of. He's almost completely devoid of personality, utterly incompetent, his dialogue lacks individuality, and has only served as a plot device. Imagine going from Legion Bolvar to this schmuck. The damage done to my favorite races and lore by poorly thought out narrative decisions. I'm not going to go on any longer about the problems I see because some people on this forum take personal offense to my dislike of the writing. I won't say that Shadowlands is without merit, though. I loved the aesthetics of Ardenweald and Revendreth.

Bastion is also beautiful, but the culty vibes creeped me out then again I like darker zones bathed in moonlight and stars or gothic/spooky places. There were a lot of awesome mounts and pets added to the game that cater to the aesthetics I like. I enjoyed the Scourgelite feel of Maldraxxus, its armor sets and characters specifically Marileth. As usual the art team delivered some of the most beautiful zones and models in the expansion. BFA had moments of greatness as well. Loved Drustvar and Drust druidism. I greatly enjoyed the Dark Rangers presence and was glad to see them updated with unique uniforms and voice lines as well as finally getting better male models. I'm not ashamed to admit I enjoyed Nathanos' character immensely and took delight in his irrational hatred of birds (even though I like animals.) I'm glad that most Dark Rangers stayed loyal to the Horde and cut the cord tethering them to Sylvanas. Whoever wrote the dialogue for Velonara that takes place after the council forms definitely cared.

Cata was the only other expansion I came close to disliking. I loved Wrath and Legion. All others I merely enjoyed. I get angry because I still care for some sad, strange reason.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.