Poll: Do you think Thrall will keep his promise to Tyrande Whisperwind regarding Sylvanas?»

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    That's not really what morally grey is. A morally grey character is a character that's between hero and villain. She hasn't been a hero since her transformation into a banshee.
    Some think she's a hero, some think she's a villain. Sure sounds like it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by florclorbromiod View Post
    Some think she's a hero, some think she's a villain. Sure sounds like it to me.
    What heroic act has she done since she was turned into a banshee? Liberating the forsaken perhaps, but she only did that to use them as a flesh (and bone) shield.

What heroic act has she done since she was turned into a banshee? Liberating the forsaken perhaps, but she only did that to use them as a flesh (and bone) shield.
    Saving Varian in Legion's cinematic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Yep, because "victims should not seek justice" has been Blizzard's message to the Alliance since WC3.

Imagine expecting a Horde promise to have any weight whatsoever.
    It's also been Blizzard's stance on their IRL internal company policy... So... at least they're consistent?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    We are in a magical world where dividing souls is something that can be done easily.

I would like that for example. Maiev kills Jaina's Mother and the Sons of Thrall to see if they continue with that logic of "giving everyone a second chance."

The "second free chance" is a one-shekel path of Hate and Destruction. It has to be won.
    This is such an abused and overused trope to make up for story incoherence that everyone now hates it and finds it cheesy af.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    The Horde being done dirty isn't mutually exclusive with Night Elves being thrown under the bus as well.
    But they are night elves man, of course everything that happens to then is worse than everything tht happens with every other race in this game combined

Quote Originally Posted by Ikza View Post
    This is such an abused and overused trope to make up for story incoherence that everyone now hates it and finds it cheesy af.
    If you handle it well, it can look good. Of course this team can't handle it well. (Although he already did it twice with the horde)

Something like the naga have "mutant naga with legs" as slaves. They use these slaves in all wars. The Kaldorei release them and they are now part of the Kaldorei.

So the same guy who killed Jaina's mother and the Sons of Thrall. He now he is no longer a slave and can no longer be blamed for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    But they are night elves man, of course everything that happens to then is worse than everything tht happens with every other race in this game combined
    I didnt said that, but feel free to exaggerate away. Because those bad, bad night elf fans should just stay quiet and eat shit... same as Alliance fans in general. And those horde fans you personally dont like. And those horde fans who you like but who dont agree with you at a given moment.

Sylvanas did contribute considerably to the campaign against Arthas - she did badly want the Lich King dead, so that at least is a goal that most people can sympathize with her on. If the Blight had been used to decimate the Scourge's ranks and kill Arthas, I think her reputation would not have been so tarnished. Come to think of it, I wonder why they don't use the Blight, by now greatly refined, to kill the Scourge forces after the Fourth War.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    I still dont get it how you (and i know you have a brain, at the very least) can say that Horde was done dirty when we have an actual dirt pile (mostly ash though) left of the whole night elven race and then Blizz also took a shit on it like so much nasty cat.

Fucken renewal without renewal, vengeance without vengeance, victory without victory and race without... what constitutes an actual race with identity and feel to it.

Not to mention how they slashed at them in Exploring Kalimdor.

I can go even longer into that, since it seems like Blizz baiting and switching with night elves and then cant stop but to pour salt on the wound, even though they HAVE NO REASON TO do so and actually would massively benefit from NOT DOING that. Its like they just want to be as malicious as possible, even if it hurts their current narrative.
    I thought that the night elves were going to be reincarnated or something via Ardenweald, even a long while ago. And the Winter Queen's quote..."we may yet guide them unto their spring."
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Thrall will, I think that was more of a promise contained to the concept of the Novel and prior to the story developments of Shadowlands...

I do for one, think Tyrande is going to kill Sylvanas anyway forsaking Elune

"The fall of Night reveals her true face, she will bring only ruin"
    Referring to Tyrande losing the power of Night Warrior? What she does next will be a mistake?

"When the arrow finds its mark, the last fetter will fall away"
    Tyrande was hunting down Sylvanas, her mark..she often uses a bow

I think these are about Sylvanas and Tyrande and maybe by extension Elune
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2021-12-22 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    I thought that the night elves were going to be reincarnated or something via Ardenweald, even a long while ago. And the Winter Queen's quote..."we may yet guide them unto their spring."
    We have not seen anything like that on the PTR yet, it might still happen.
    However, someone datamined ingame cinematic animation data were Tyrande attacks Sylvanas (by throwing one glaive at her after all Azeroth heroes gathered and Sylvanas soul would get judged probably...
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2021-12-23 at 12:09 AM.

If Elune's sister is the Winter Queen. Elune can be the Queen of Spring. I think when you say their spring they mean where the dead Kaldorei normally go when they die.
    In other words, Ardenweald has nothing to do with the Kaldorei.

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    I don't think Thrall will, I think that was more of a promise contained to the concept of the Novel and prior to the story developments of Shadowlands...

I do for one, think Tyrande is going to kill Sylvanas anyway forsaking Elune

"The fall of Night reveals her true face, she will bring only ruin"
    Referring to Tyrande losing the power of Night Warrior? What she does next will be a mistake?

"When the arrow finds its mark, the last fetter will fall away"
    Tyrande was hunting down Sylvanas, her mark..she often uses a bow

I think these are about Sylvanas and Tyrande and maybe by extension Elune
    The fall of the night can be the Eternal-Night showing that in the end they were the same as Azhara when burning Teldrazzil xD.

And apart from the "Night War" it has already shown that it will be completely useless. It would be very rare for me to actually achieve anything. Not to mention that the Night War DOES NOT USE ARROWS. When Tyrande did. "When the arrow finds its mark" I doubt he means her.

Although maybe Elune did use an arrow and her "fall" is when she let her people die and denied them to be Wisp or to go to heaven where they should go.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    However, someone datamined ingame cinematic animation data were Tyrande attacks Sylvanas (by throwing one glaive at her after all Azeroth heroes gathered and Sylvanas soul would get judged probably...
    I bet it would be just as efficient as the other three or four times that she did something.

If Elune's sister is the Winter Queen. Elune can be the Queen of Spring. I think when you say their spring they mean where the dead Kaldorei normally go when they die.
    In other words, Ardenweald has nothing to do with the Kaldorei.
    Elune is more likely the summer queen I guess. There is no mythological spring queen as far as I know. They could still reincarnate the Night Elfs like the wild gods in Aredenweald. But so far we have not seen any movement on PTR regarding this.

I bet it would be just as efficient as the other three or four times that she did something.
    Well, she killed Nathanos the second time so... now when she gets a second chance at Sylvanas...

7+ Year Old Account
    The fall of the night can be the Eternal-Night showing that in the end they were the same as Azhara when burning Teldrazzil xD.
    Doubt it, since the Night Warrior concept was more introduced in BFA its more of Shadowlands thing..also the Night Warrior had almost nothing to do with N'zoth or Azshara other then N'zoth lackies mentioning this quote. But potentially, but we haven't seen what this quote is referring to yet so its up in the air

And apart from the "Night War" it has already shown that it will be completely useless. It would be very rare for me to actually achieve anything. Not to mention that the Night War DOES NOT USE ARROWS. When Tyrande did. "When the arrow finds its mark" I doubt he means her.
    So you're just blantly forgetting that Tyrande...does use arrows...and also...the NIGHT WARRIOR literally shot Nathanos to a fucking wall with an Arrow at the very start of this expansion...if you're going to try and correct me or challenge my theories know what the fuck you're talking about please *sigh*

Although maybe Elune did use an arrow and her "fall" is when she let her people die and denied them to be Wisp or to go to heaven where they should go.
    Again what are you talking about...Elune let the Night Elves die to help empower the Winter Queen so she could stand against Zovaal but Zovaal ended up redirecting the soul stream to himself, she didn't deny them their afterlives, she was trying to save their afterlife but was misguided in her attempts

Elune is more likely the summer queen I guess. There is no mythological spring queen as far as I know. They could still reincarnate the Night Elfs like the wild gods in Aredenweald. But so far we have not seen any movement on PTR regarding this.
    True true. But I think I remember the kingdoms of Elune in the SW book they say they are called something of the spring. (I do not have and will not have the book, my source is a Spoiler.)

Well, she killed Nathanos the second time so... now when she gets a second chance at Sylvanas...
    Then he may kill her in such a way that Tyrande is seen as useless. Again.
    Maybe a Sylvanas who wants to die.

The same in the Next mission Sylvanas are still alive so ...

Doubt it, since the Night Warrior concept was more introduced in BFA its more of Shadowlands thing..also the Night Warrior had almost nothing to do with N'zoth or Azshara other then N'zoth lackies mentioning this quote. But potentially, but we haven't seen what this quote is referring to yet so its up in the air
    Azhara: I am going to make a deal with this powerful external ally (Legion) sacrificing the Kaldorei to obtain more power.

Thalyssra: I am going to make a deal with this powerful external ally (Horde) sacrificing the Kaldorei to obtain more power.

From a Kaldorei's point of view they are the same shit. Only Azhara was stronger.
    And all that about coming to seek peace and protect Azeroth and blah blah. It was all a lie. They just waited for the opportunity to stab their brothers again like they did 10,000 years ago.

So you're just blantly forgetting that Tyrande...does use arrows...and also...the NIGHT WARRIOR literally shot Nathanos to a fucking wall with an Arrow at the very start of this expansion...if you're going to try and correct me or challenge my theories know what the fuck you're talking about please *sigh*
    If TYRANDE uses ARROWS and the NIGHT WAR uses SWORDS. If we are going to say that once I use a good arrow, any character can be the case.
    The normal weapon of the NIGHT WAR is a sword, not a bow. So it is highly unlikely that he is referring to her when he says to shoot his last arrow because he uses SWORDS.

And if the NIGHT WAR shot an arrow ... "we don't even see it shoot" then it's just as valid whether it's Thrall or Jaina or any character who decides to take a bow from one moment to the next.

So we have an evolution of pj that stops using the bow to use swords pela with sword and we are supposed to recognize it as "if before it used a bow so it is the archer."

Again what are you talking about...Elune let the Night Elves die to help empower the Winter Queen so she could stand against Zovaal but Zovaal ended up redirecting the soul stream to himself, she didn't deny them their afterlives, she was trying to save their afterlife but was misguided in her attempts
    I let them died like? What could I do to save Teldrassil Eluna who never does anything?
    Why didn't the Kaldorei become Wisp when they died in Teldrazzil?
    Last edited by geco; 2021-12-23 at 02:13 AM.

Sylvanas did contribute considerably to the campaign against Arthas - she did badly want the Lich King dead, so that at least is a goal that most people can sympathize with her on. If the Blight had been used to decimate the Scourge's ranks and kill Arthas, I think her reputation would not have been so tarnished. Come to think of it, I wonder why they don't use the Blight, by now greatly refined, to kill the Scourge forces after the Fourth War.

Fat chance of that. “Renwal” was literally a feelgood buzzword thrown in to make eating shit more “palatable”.

Let's be honest with eachother; they have most likely forgotten about this the moment the first paper of the novel came out of the printer.

7+ Year Old Account
    isn't also datamined that sylvanas will live, and be left behind to search for nathanos in the shadowlands?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    isn't also datamined that sylvanas will live, and be left behind to search for nathanos in the shadowlands?
    no, we currently don't know what will happen.

Then he may kill her in such a way that Tyrande is seen as useless. Again.
    Maybe a Sylvanas who wants to die.

The same in the Next mission Sylvanas are still alive so ...
    the relevant cinematics are happening post Jailer fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Fat chance of that. “Renwal” was literally a feelgood buzzword thrown in to make eating shit more “palatable”.
    Maybe, the winter queen said that she will give these souls a new spring. Maybe they have cut it, or maybe we will see it.

7+ Year Old Account
    no, we currently don't know what will happen.
    then, what this datamined dialogue of her means? cause it can't rly be before the raid.