Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Warcraft needs a TV series or Anime!

Seriously, Blizzard is slow again! they don't see how popular side contracts are?

-Loss of Dota 2
    -You think you do, but you don't (classic)
    -now hype on cartoons

Blizzard clearly needs to fire CEOs, she is blind to everything!

League of Legends trailer was watched five times more than Shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    There was supposed to be a Diablo anime-like show on Netflix... or at least that was the heavily spread rumor.

I think Warcraft could work too. Personally, depending on the tone of the show, it could do very well or very poorly.

Also, for the record, Blizzard didn't "lose" Dota 2 as it was never there's to begin with. They wanted to claim rights to it (through the use of "DOTA" as an acronym of "Defense of the Ancients" and Valve wanted to trademark the name) as it was created using Warcraft III assets in the Warcraft III engine and played on the Warcraft III platform. Blizzard did not create it themselves.

After Valve tried to trademark the term DOTA, Blizzard filed a notice of opposition. Their position was that Valve was essentially stealing a brand name that had been established by Blizzard's product. They further alleged that Valve's use of the term in DOTA 2 would cause gamers to think that Blizzard somehow supported the product. Blizzard then tried to make their own claim on the name by announcing a new strategy game called Blizzard DOTA.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-12-12 at 01:13 PM.

An anime like hit monkey or boondocks maybe. We have enough animes made in Japan and they all look the same

lore Dota 2 and League of Legends can be written in two pages, but they release animation series, but Warcraft with deep story passes!

With everything going down at Blizzard with their decline in quality and that they can’t even hold the company together, I doubt that it is something high on their list. They missed the mark when they screwed up the Warcraft movie that could have done so much better. It advertised WoD at least but then it turns out to be one of their worst expansions which is another waste.

I would have loved to see a proper Arthas trilogy, imagine if this was pulled off before WotLK was even out. WC3 already did a solid job of making us care about Arthas and a movie trilogy would bring it to a whole new level. All missed opportunities that Blizzard can’t take advantage of anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    With everything going down at Blizzard with their decline in quality and that they can’t even hold the company together, I doubt that it is something high on their list. They missed the mark when they screwed up the Warcraft movie that could have done so much better. It advertised WoD at least but then it turns out to be one of their worst expansions which is another waste.

I would have loved to see a proper Arthas trilogy, imagine if this was pulled off before WotLK was even out. WC3 already did a solid job of making us care about Arthas and a movie trilogy would bring it to a whole new level. All missed opportunities that Blizzard can’t take advantage of anymore.
    It's time to start putting out the fire: the release of the cartoon is a good step!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    We have enough animes made in Japan and they all look the same

That's like saying all american cartoons and comics look the same aka superhero shit, so not really.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, it feels like Warcraft just won't have the hype for it.

I guess if they'd pop out something like Arcane, it will work, but Warcraft as a whole feels like "been there done that".

Arcane was perfect (10/10).
    DOTA was 'just' great (8/10).
    I'd love to see it something like this in Warcraft universe... but 10 years ago instead this dogshit movie.
    With Blizzard current 'vision' it would be filled with politicall corectness to the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    There was supposed to be a Diablo anime-like show on Netflix... or at least that was the heavily spread rumor.
    I think it is still 'when it's done'.
    I do not remember anything being cancelled but most likely delayed due recent 'problems' in their company.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2021-12-12 at 01:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    TV series or a cartoon? Sure, I guess.

But Anime? Oh God no. World Of Warcraft is already very much a cartoon, in the western sense. Why the hell would you twist that into Anime? Just trying to imagine it is giving me brain cancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    Seriously, Blizzard is slow again! they don't see how popular side contracts are?

-Loss of Dota 2
    -You think you do, but you don't (classic)
    -now hype on cartoons

Blizzard clearly needs to fire CEOs, she is blind to everything!

League of Legends trailer was watched five times more than Shadowlands

Well blizz made a movie before, but they didn't continue it despite the big earning (apparently production costs were so high that it only break even however).

Anyways, anime sucks.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    An anime like hit monkey or boondocks maybe. We have enough animes made in Japan and they all look the same
    Well maybe a little bit. all music sounds the same because drums? let's generalize something after glancing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post

Anyways, anime sucks.
    Movies sucks.

Arcane was good because of the people behind it, not because of the source material it was based on. That said, I do wish Blizzard would license some of their IP the same way Riot has; hopefully Arcane's success will help move them to do something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I don't know, it feels like Warcraft just won't have the hype for it.

I guess if they'd pop out something like Arcane, it will work, but Warcraft as a whole feels like "been there done that".
    If Dota can pull it off then so can Warcraft. The first season of Dragons Blood wasn't great, but season two looks better

Quote Originally Posted by gosuabbbff View Post
    That's like saying all american cartoons and comics look the same aka superhero shit, so not really.
    So where's the lie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    TV series or a cartoon? Sure, I guess.

But Anime? Oh God no. World Of Warcraft is already very much a cartoon, in the western sense. Why the hell would you twist that into Anime? Just trying to imagine it is giving me brain cancer.
    Warcraft is a real anime, each battle ends with a dragon ball super large laser beam

if dota 2 could, why can't Warcraft do it?
    Last edited by Cherry123; 2021-12-12 at 02:30 PM.

Blizz needs a good story to make it work, alas they only do superficial bullshit, which is why they are surpassed by the off shoot of a fun map.

Is there something weebs don't want to taint?

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    It's time to start putting out the fire: the release of the cartoon is a good step!
    Nah. The story of Warcraft is dumb and nonsensical. I don't trust the writers to make a decent story for WoW, and I certainly don't trust them to make one for an animation.

Once in the distant past I might have agreed, but these days, I doubt WoW and all people involved with the IP have what it takes to make a decent show. Either we get SD trash visually or writing on the level of the new he-man. Maybe both...
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.