Can I do Old Town in Visions of N'Zoth straight away? (lvl 60)

Hello guys,

I've only got one Illusion left: https://www.wowhead.com/item=174932/illusion-void-edge (Illusion: Void Edge). Since it drops from Vaalera's chest in Visions of N'zoth, and I've never done it in my whole life, would I be able to farm it straight away without updating my legendary cloak? I mean, would I be able to go to Old Town straight away at lvl 60?

Thanks in advance.

(I'd appreciate any recommendations to do Visions faster-and make them easier).
    Last edited by Nork; 2021-12-19 at 04:52 PM.

Not sure. Assuming you can go straight there without having to clear the Dwarven or Trade Districts, you might be able to just zerg everything down before your sanity drains, but it will probably be cutting it close. At the very least you're going to need the sanity orbs from the first tier of the Titan Research console.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    Hello guys,

I've only got one Illusion left: https://www.wowhead.com/item=174932/illusion-void-edge (Illusion: Void Edge). Since it drops from Vaalera's chest in Visions of N'zoth, and I've never done it in my whole life, would I be able to farm it straight away without uploading my legendary cloak? I mean, would I be able to go to Old Town straight away at lvl 60?

Thanks in advance.

(I'd appreciate any recommendations to do Visions faster-and make them easier).
    with zero upgrades on your cloak or your research table i am not sure. as you are level 60 stuff will MELT but i still worry of your sanity drain without the upgrades... i mean hey you might be able to do it, as old town is rather fast on its own.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

As bushido says - technically you should be able to rush there, but if your sanity falls to zero, you are instantly done for.
    Without the back (r1)/the 3 orbs it's imo pretty much impossible.. or maybe not impossible, but simply way to stressful.
    Unlockings Orbs is pretty quickly done anyways.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    yeah you do smash through it easily at level 60 but you def want the cloak just for the sanity loss resistance. I don't think you can even enter without the cloak, not that I've tried

I've got the three orbs and the cloak, but it's not been updated at all. Would it be alright with only that?

Thank you for your help guys.

I've got the three orbs and the cloak, but it's not been updated at all. Would it be alright with only that?

Thank you for your help guys.
    If you have the orbs you should be far enough down the tree to clear all of it rather easily at 60.

You could "try". Generally I was able to knock out 1 lesser and the boss with no research and a lvl 1 cloak.

This was at an ilvl just under 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    You could "try". Generally I was able to knock out 1 lesser and the boss with no research and a lvl 1 cloak.

This was at an ilvl just under 200.
    Can I go straight away to Mathias Saw or do I need to kill other mini bosses within the Old Town first?

7+ Year Old Account
    Can I go straight away to Mathias Saw or do I need to kill other mini bosses within the Old Town first?
    You need to kill the 2 minibosses to unlock the way into Mathias Shaw.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You need to kill the 2 minibosses to unlock the way into Mathias Shaw.
    do you need to kill both or just the one in the dwarven area? can you even get to it from the trade area?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    do you need to kill both or just the one in the dwarven area? can you even get to it from the trade area?
    yes you can go straight to any of the zones from the starting one just by going around the outter edges of the districts.

and yeah you need ot kill both of the bosses in the dwarvern area, the kultiran woman, and the giant chutulu guy. that will let you get valeera to help you open the gate to mathias.