Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnGill View Post
    I would like to upgrade my Windows 10 to 11. Is this possible? Can you please help me here?
    I would probably wait awhile before "up"grading to windows 11

15+ Year Old Account
    I would like to upgrade my Windows 10 to 11. Is this possible? Can you please help me here?
    Go to Windows Update and it should pop up if your computer is compatible*.

*Supported CPU and TPM 2.0 enabled.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't bother right now. Also you could make a new thread.

(Also yes, I'm aware its probably a bot)
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by gaaara View Post
    I would probably wait awhile before "up"grading to windows 11
    My experience has been to wait until the bug reports die down. That shouldn't be all that long if it hasn't
    happened already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    I do forsee a drop. intel is about to launch the i5 12400 at a likely 229$… AMD will have to cut the 5600G and X down to compete.
    Nice ! I do not overclock but even so I wonder about heat. Is another fan or an after market cooler called for ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    Nice ! I do not overclock but even so I wonder about heat. Is another fan or an after market cooler called for ?
    Not 100% sure but I think for a few gen's now, you no longer get a stock cooler? Hopefully someone can confirm. I didn't get one with my i5 9600k at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Pretty sure it’s only unlocked intel(k skus) that don’t come with the stock cooler. The idea is that you’re gonna OC anyway and the stock cooler isn’t sufficient. The 5600G 100% has a cooler though.
    ah, haha that makes way more sense. For some reason I thought they'd just stopped supplying a stock cooler to cut costs or something, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post

The 5600G comes with a completely OK cooler if you dont plan to overclock, though somewhat ironically, the 1500X you have might have a slightly better cooler (im at my inlaws so i dont have time to deep dive right now.) - the 1000 series chips’ version of the Wraith cooler had a solid copper slug in the middle, and is slightly better (were not talking life changing differences here, but better) than the all-aluminum one that they went with for 2000-series chips and onwards. Im not sure if the 1500X had the better one or not, but it might.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Pretty sure it’s only unlocked intel(k skus) that don’t come with the stock cooler. The idea is that you’re gonna OC anyway and the stock cooler isn’t sufficient. The 5600G 100% has a cooler though.
    Intel K SKUs and the 5800X (and higher) from AMD. And yeah the idea is, youre going to end up throwing it out anyway so why include it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Go to Windows Update and it should pop up if your computer is compatible*.

*Supported CPU and TPM 2.0 enabled.
    Thank you so much for your reply here. I will try to do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I wouldn't bother right now. Also you could make a new thread.

(Also yes, I'm aware its probably a bot)
    It looks like all upgraded people here except me.

How do you handle licensing when installing windows 10?