Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Can you link those here? I don't recall seeing these...

https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/many-ne...e-boots-324043 They were used as new rewards for the trial of style. People were wondering what was the purpose of those boots and it seems very odd that they were made just for Trial of Style. While I was thinkg about a world revamp concept behind those boots, most of them match the dragon theme.

As for the random draconic line in 9.2 : https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/zereth-...poilers-325384

Obviously titanic leads to order, demonic to disorder, shath'yar to void. But unless draconic are revealed to be agents of life who were recruited by the titans to keep order for them and were "manipulated", I hardly see why a random draconic line is here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then, again, i plead you to be clear about it. People here actually believe there's a Dragonsworn in WoW, with Wrathion as its representative.
    Though, i must say, a HotS-based concept is intriguing, as their powers are not so accentuated in WoW classes.
    What's wrong with calling a class based on Wrathion and the HotS versions of Alexstraza, Chromie, and Deathwing "Dragonsworn"?

"Based on Wrathion"... he has barely shown any ability. You would have better used Alextrasza, Chromie, Deathwing, Ysera and Malygos as examples.
    Here are some of his abilities;

Blindside — Standing behind Wrathion increases your damage dealt to him by 250%. Aura on Wrathion for the duration of the encounter.
    Crumbling Arc — Wrathion jumps in front of you and does a semicircle AoE attack. It is an uninterruptable 3 second cast that you can dodge by moving out of the dust clouds. It hits for approximately 200k damage. Be advised that this ability is currently buggy, and you may get hit even if you are outside the dust clouds.
    Reign of Fire — Fireballs rain down from the ceiling, doing damage if they hit you. You can easily dodge this by avoiding the black shadows the fireballs cast when they appear.
    Blood of the Deathborn — 2 second cast creates a void zone that deals about 50k damage/second. This spell can be interrupted.
    Neltharion's Tears— About every minute or so, Wrathion summons or resurrects 5 adds. They have 500k health and melee for approximately 35k damage.
    Inferno— About 2 minutes in, Wrathion will spawn many images of himself, all channeling Inferno. A single attack (including AoE) will kill any images it hits. Hitting the real Wrathion will stop the spell and despawn all the images. If Inferno goes off, it will deal damage depending on how many images remain. This repeats 3 times in sequence.
    So he has some interesting abilities that can be translated into a class.

What holes, exactly, does it fill?
    +New Ranged DPS
    +New Healing Spec
    +3rd Mail class

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    half-dragons or drakonids

pretty much like dragonborns are in dungeons and dragons
    People don't want that. They want dragons that look like this;

If you had the choice, why would you go with this;

When the Wrathion/Alexstraza/Kalecgos versions above would be both more popular and easier to accomplish?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    This is the third clue we have got so far, that the next Xpansion is a mystic expansion, somehow similar to MoP.
    Man, I hope so.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-12-20 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    What's wrong with calling a class based on Wrathion and the HotS versions of Alexstraza, Chromie, and Deathwing "Dragonsworn"?
    Because that's not what it is.
    For a made up class, choose a made up name.

Still not as impressive as HotS' Alex, Chrom and Death. You gotta have a thing for the guy if you settle down for this much

+New Ranged DPS
    +New Healing Spec
    +3rd Mail class
    So do other classes.

Damn, that alextrasza art:

10+ Year Old Account

There's a cloaca under that thong though.

7+ Year Old Account

When the Wrathion/Alexstraza/Kalecgos versions above would be both more popular and easier to accomplish?
    I would totally chose this one

But, sadly, the game is filled with elf lovers, so that is prob the direction they would go yeah, waste potential

10+ Year Old Account
    Still not as impressive as HotS' Alex, Chrom and Death. You gotta have a thing for the guy if you settle down for this much
    Nope, just using him as the main example because Wrathion would be the main character in a Dragon Isles expansion. He's the one looking for them, and he has the strongest ties/connections to our characters.

So do other classes.
    True, but we're talking about a dragon-based expansion. If there's going to be a new class in such an expansion, the new class would also more than likely be dragon-based.

- - - Updated - - -

I would totally chose this one

But, sadly, the game is filled with elf lovers, so that is prob the direction they would go yeah, waste potential
    Well even beyond that, if they simply created a dragon-race like the one above, it wouldn't really move the needle. The majority of players wouldn't really play it. If you attach a class to it (ala MoP with the Pandaren and Monks) the new class would have to be available to races beyond just the new dragon race. Which wouldn't be far off from simply allowing players to be just like Wrathion.

Basing the new class on Wrathion or Alexstraza solves both problems. Not only would the new class also be racially dragons, but it allows Blizzard to "cheat" and give the new race and class to every existing race in the game. You would just have to give existing racial models "dragon stuff" like glowing red eyes, scales, or horns. Pretty much what we saw with Death Knights and Demon Hunters.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-12-20 at 04:02 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well even beyond that, if they simply created a dragon-race like the one above, it wouldn't really move the needle. The majority of players wouldn't really play it. If you attach a class to it (ala MoP with the Pandaren and Monks) the new class would have to be available to races beyond just the new dragon race. Which wouldn't be far off from simply allowing players to be just like Wrathion.

Basing the new class on Wrathion or Alexstraza solves both problems. Not only would the new class also be racially dragons, but it allows Blizzard to "cheat" and give the new race and class to every existing race in the game. You would just have to give existing racial models "dragon stuff" like glowing red eyes, scales, or horns. Pretty much what we saw with Death Knights and Demon Hunters.
    there is no need to restrict the class to that race though, Demon hunter was just badly designed all together.

They can still do both, make the dragonsworn class work like DH and races get draconic customization and the race itself as their own thing for people to play.

knowing a good chunk play with ugly races, people would play then fine.

YES!

Btw, BAM(hemm hemm) Dragon Isle here we go.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is no need to restrict the class to that race though, Demon hunter was just badly designed all together.

They can still do both, make the dragonsworn class work like DH and races get draconic customization and the race itself as their own thing for people to play.

knowing a good chunk play with ugly races, people would play then fine.
    Okay, but why would Blizzard go with the less popular option that would also require far more work?

vs

It's really no contest.

Let's not even talk about Alexstraza vs the female version of the Dragonkin. LoL!!

It's really no contest.

Let's not even talk about Alexstraza vs the female version of the Dragonkin. LoL!!
    It would more likely look like that:

Than that:

10+ Year Old Account
    It would more likely look like that:

]
    Still, it’s no contest. That would be more effort for worse results.

Still, it’s no contest. That would be more effort for worse results.
    More effort? It's already using the Worgen skeleton.

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay, but why would Blizzard go with the less popular option that would also require far more work?

It's really no contest.

its not a amtter to pick what they would do, the first would not be a race, it was just an elf

+New Ranged DPS
    +New Healing Spec
    +3rd Mail class

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Man, I hope so.

vs

It's really no contest.

There's no need for a dragon themed class if all you want is for your character to look like Alex/Chromie/Kalecgos in humanoid form. Draconic customizations for every race would suffice. Add horns, draconic eyes, and scaly skintones to elves, humans, and gnomes bam you've got the look. No need to take up a slot. None of them really look like dragons in those forms instead they look like humans, elves and gnomes with cosmetic differences. When I met Alex in Wrath, I genuinely thought she was just some elf who hung out with dragons. When I saw all the others in humanoid form I got curious and did some research. Anyone not versed in WoW's dragons would make the same mistake. They don't even fight differently from non-dragons in humanoid form.

Mages cast fire, ice and arcane spells. Kalecgos is essentially a mage dragon. Ysera was a druidic dragon that favored lunar magic and essentially occupied the role of a druid. Alexstrasza is pretty much a dragon paladin with heavy leanings toward life as her title "Lifebinder" implies. Black Dragons were Shamanic Dragons in that they wield the powers of the Earth and magma. Nozdormu is a just a chrono mage dragon. These customizations could be earned from swearing fealty to a specific dragonflight ala convenants (you know they aren't dropping that concept without a 2.0) because that's all a dragonsworn really is.

If I was told that dragons were playable in WoW and I joined specifically for this reason, these guys wouldn't be what I would want or expect. I'd expect actual dragons not elves and humans cosplaying. So I think you'll find that the dragonmen would be more popular than you expect. What you're describing is a not a class, but a title. Alex/Kalec/Chromie/Wrathion are not dragonsworn, they're dragons. Perhaps you are thinking of Dragon Knights? It'd make more sense for them to wear plate than mail and then there's the fact that only two specs from one class use ranged weapons.

A dragonkin race would be the best option. Don't use a class slot on something fanmade. Use it on something that already exists and has been requested for ages.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    Mages cast fire, ice and arcane spells. Kalecgos is essentially a mage dragon. Ysera was a druidic dragon that favored lunar magic and essentially occupied the role of a druid. Alexstrasza is pretty much a dragon paladin with heavy leanings toward life as her title "Lifebinder" implies. Black Dragons were Shamanic Dragons in that they wield the powers of the Earth and magma. Nozdormu is a just a chrono mage dragon. These customizations could be earned from swearing fealty to a specific dragonflight ala convenants (you know they aren't dropping that concept without a 2.0) because that's all a dragonsworn really is.
    Without unique gameplay, the concept kinda falls flat.

Sure, you could be a Ysera-like Green Dragon who uses Lunar magic, but that's like 1/8th of what a Druid does, and that's only if you wanna be a Balance Druid. And guess what? If you're a Balance Druid, then you're gonna be stuck using a Moonkin form. Ultimately, you're a Dragon that will be a Druid class, with less actual customization than certain race comboes.

Same with a 'Lifebinder' that is a Paladin; you're still just a Paladin.

An actual class that encompasses the 5 unique Dragon themes would be much better as a single class, rather than just playing pretend that your Paladin or Druid is somehow a Dragon. I mean, that's like having Rogues pretend they were Demon Hunters by wearing their gear and transmogging off their shirts.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-12-21 at 12:45 AM.

Dragon isles with tinker class. Been saying it before, I'll say it again.

Wrathion and mother will travel to Undermine to get help from the best tinkers in azeroth to combine mother's titan tech and locate the isles.

Wrathion then funds the Tinker's Union as thanks, and boom. We got a new tinker class In a dragon isles expansion with Undermine as the new hub city.

How do I know this, well I'm just built different.

Also, the new Mecha whelp pet with time abilities from the recent anni event was a big clue.

Also sinestra is still kicking it and nozzy has yet to go bad.

And who better than murozond to bring in yrel at the end of 10.x to start 11.0 as the light/void exp.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-12-21 at 12:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    its not a amtter to pick what they would do, the first would not be a race, it was just an elf
    As WoW players, we acknowledge the fact that dragons often disguise themselves as mortal races. When players see Wrathion, Lady Preston, or Chromie in human form, they recognize the fact that those characters are actually dragons. We've been exposed to this concept for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Also, the new Mecha whelp pet with time abilities from the recent anni event was a big clue.
    So, Time-tinkers like Toki from Hearthstone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    There's no need for a dragon themed class if all you want is for your character to look like Alex/Chromie/Kalecgos in humanoid form. Draconic customizations for every race would suffice. Add horns, draconic eyes, and scaly skintones to elves, humans, and gnomes bam you've got the look. No need to take up a slot. None of them really look like dragons in those forms instead they look like humans, elves and gnomes with cosmetic differences. When I met Alex in Wrath, I genuinely thought she was just some elf who hung out with dragons. When I saw all the others in humanoid form I got curious and did some research. Anyone not versed in WoW's dragons would make the same mistake. They don't even fight differently from non-dragons in humanoid form.

Who said anything about it only be cosmetic? There are unique gameplay mechanics attached to the concept from HotS, particularly from Alexstraza. Essentially you have a character that can briefly enter dragon form based on either abilities or meter level. So yes, while many of the aspects share the schools of magic as existing classes, you have the added gameplay of being a dragon, where claws, breath, wings, and tails are involved in gameplay. That is something not present in the classes you mentioned.

For example, while mages can use Frost and Arcane, they can't transform into a blue dragon and slash enemies with icy/arcane imbued talons, summon dragon whelps to help them, or push back enemies with a flap of their wings.

If I was told that dragons were playable in WoW and I joined specifically for this reason, these guys wouldn't be what I would want or expect. I'd expect actual dragons not elves and humans cosplaying. So I think you'll find that the dragonmen would be more popular than you expect. What you're describing is a not a class, but a title. Alex/Kalec/Chromie/Wrathion are not dragonsworn, they're dragons. Perhaps you are thinking of Dragon Knights? It'd make more sense for them to wear plate than mail and then there's the fact that only two specs from one class use ranged weapons.
    Yeah, no they wouldn't. Wrathion for example is a very popular character. The idea that players would prefer dragonmen or a Dragon Knight to being able to play as something akin to Wrathion, Kalecgos, or Alexstraza is pure nonsense.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only issue with Dragonsworn is that the class or the concept doesn't really exist in Warcraft. Death Knights, Monks, and Demon Hunters all existed in Warcraft before their debut as a class.

There is a strong possibility that if the next expansion is dragon-based, there might not be a new class.
    Zovaal didn't exist before this expansion, yet they added him and connected every loose end in the lore to him somehow.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!