Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    First time we see Xavier and Reed Richards in the MCU and they get absolutely jobbed by Scarlet Witch - do people even like her?
    I like her in the comics. Well I did back when she was written by Kurt Busiek
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I don't dislike her I just have never found her that interesting, its crazy how powerful she is
    Yeah. She really is powerful, think they have a done job with her scaling

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    I hated how Blackbolt, Xavier, and Richards died. Especially Blackbolt. I did, however, like the 3rd Eye at the end. I also need more John Krasinski/Reed Richards in my life
    I hope this mean we will se more about then in the future, it was rly depressing.

Saddly the oens who deserved more, by being arrogant, got killed ina easy way, poor blockbolt didn't say a thing and his head was blow out

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    whaaaa????

I'm hoping that's just people that don't understand the whole multiverse plot, and not the actual movie.
    people were prob expecting another spider-man, or something more fancy, they must be shocked tos ee the movie tried to be a little more horror oriented.

they migh not like some bits that happened witht he iluminati.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    The movie isn't bad, but it also doesn't feel like the movie that it was advertised as. I get movies can't spoil everything, but I feel the ads were for a different movie.

The movie movie started quickly, but dragged at points. And they said you needed to see What If to get some things, but honestly, no, you didn't.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I haven't seen this yet. I am actually interested in seeing it. I really enjoyed the original Doctor Strange movie. Also they made him pretty fun in the Avengers. I just started reading a tiny bit of reviews,(non-spoiler) just to get a feel.

Some people say you need to watch a Disney show to understand what is going on? Which is not a good thing, I hope it is untrue. I have not watched any Marvel shows. Anyways Strange with Scarlet Witch sounds interesting. I'm happy to see Rachel McAdams is back. (I enjoy that actress) Hopefully her and Strange get a lot of cute scenes together. They had great chemistry in the original.

The only thing I am a bit weary of is read who the director is. This director has a very distinct feel to him. I am not sure if it will mesh well with this universe. It's no offense to him but a lot of his stuff I didn't really enjoy. He pretty much excels at theatrical, dark humor, gore. Movies I actually like from him are, Evil Dead and Drag me to Hell. Spiderman trilogy? Not so much. I haven't cared to watch them in forever. (Yes, I understand some people might have another opinion) So I hope he did an ok job with this universe.

Anyways I didn't read anyone's post in this thread because trying to keep spoilers to minimum. Probably check them out after I seen the movie. I just heard this movie was an actual thing. That I was unaware of and it is releasing this week..

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    I haven't seen this yet. I am actually interested in seeing it. I really enjoyed the original Doctor Strange movie. Also they made him pretty fun in the Avengers. I just started reading a tiny bit of reviews,(non-spoiler) just to get a feel.

Some people say you need to watch a Disney show to understand what is going on? Which is not a good thing, I hope it is untrue. I have not watched any Marvel shows. Anyways Strange with Scarlet Witch sounds interesting. I'm happy to see Rachel McAdams is back. (I enjoy that actress) Hopefully her and Strange get a lot of cute scenes together. They had great chemistry in the original.

The only thing I am a bit weary of is read who the director is. This director has a very distinct feel to him. I am not sure if it will mesh well with this universe. It's no offense to him but a lot of his stuff I didn't really enjoy. He pretty much excels at theatrical, dark humor, gore. Movies I actually like from him are, Evil Dead and Drag me to Hell. Spiderman trilogy? Not so much. I haven't cared to watch them in forever. (Yes, I understand some people might have another opinion) So I hope he did an ok job with this universe.

Anyways I didn't read anyone's post in this thread because trying to keep spoilers to minimum. Probably check them out after I seen the movie. I just heard this movie was an actual thing. That I was unaware of and it is releasing this week..
    Yes, Sam Raimi did a good job. Some parts of the movie are fantastic. Very few parts weren't done the best...good, but not the best.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

The critics are insane to give this movie a 70. And Wanda carried this film on her fucking BACK. Truly a Mother's Day Film and proved Scarlet Witch is a force to be fucking reckoned with.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Some people say you need to watch a Disney show to understand what is going on? Which is not a good thing, I hope it is untrue. I have not watched any Marvel shows.
    An basic understanding of what went on in Wanda Vision would be all thats really required.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Apparently the full line-up of the Iluminati will be Professor Xavier, Captain Carter, Captain Marvel (Maria), Mr Fantastic (John Krasinski), Black Bolt (Anson Mount), and Mordo.

Some folks said that Tom Cruise back off from being superior iron man because he was suspposed to be killed by Wanda, which kinda makes sense, cause captain carter seems like a out of nowhere adition but who knows, im not familiar with all the iluminati versions
    Dude fix your OP, spoiler tag fail!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Cool. I love spoilers.
    Why visit this topic then? You’re basically asking to have shit spoiled for you if you visit it after the movie is released
    Last edited by eschatological; 2022-05-06 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Why visit this topic then? You’re basically asking to have shit spoiled for you if you visit it after the movie is released
    He is talking that people were openly posting spoilers without tags

- - - Updated - - -

Some people say you need to watch a Disney show to understand what is going on? Which is not a good thing, I hope it is untrue. I have not watched any Marvel shows.
    They said to fully get it you would have to have watched Wandavision and What If.

But, of those two, Wandavision helps understand Wanda's character in the movie, but they do a good job explaining her motivations.

You may miss something not seeing Wandavision, but the the movie still works. What If isn't needed really at all because Spider-man No Way Home helps set up the multiverse aspects. But even Spider-man No Way Home isn't really required.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    He is talking that people were openly posting spoilers without tags
    yeah people shouldn't do that, it's a real dick move but at the same time it's pretty easy to avoid, simply by not going to the topic.

- - - Updated - - -

First time we see Xavier and Reed Richards in the MCU and they get absolutely jobbed by Scarlet Witch - do people even like her?
    good job with those spoiler tags, genius

10+ Year Old Account
    Not my hecking spoilerinos in my childrens movie!!!!!
    Whether or not it is a children's movie, spoiling it without label is still not appropriate.

Especially when the movie has only been available for a couple of days.

Seriously.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't even pretend to care I'm afraid

Any adult who actually cares enough to get mad about spoilers for these films is not an adult I really need to worry about taking seriously, it's a superhero movie
    I find that attitude "ironic."
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Welp, off to the cinema!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Awesome first half - until [i]that fight with the illuminatis[/i], but from then on it all went downward imo. Zombie shit and jump scares (has there ever been a movie where jump scares weren’t cheap shit ? Most of them were telegraphed from 20km away).

A bit disappointed on my side tbh, could have been so much more.

And for the movie goers : one mid-generic scene (story) and another after (comical one, fun but useless).
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2022-05-06 at 08:24 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Whether or not it is a children's movie, spoiling it without label is still not appropriate.

Especially when the movie has only been available for a couple of days.

Seriously.
    I didn't go into this thread after the movie came out, until I saw movie today, why would you? You got no right to complain when you put yourself at risk. NOBODY MADE YOU, so don't point fingers for your decision, it's hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    this.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a bit shocked that there won't be any coffee table book for this movie...those with concept art, pictures, interviews etc. that we have gotten for every movie..and there have been sooo many delays with books already, the Loki tv show book is still not out, so long after the show came out, I mean..

7+ Year Old Account
    Darn, did not expect Wanda to turn into such a psychopath so quickly. Didn't feel very believable to suddenly go this much ham and brutally kill people left and right no probs. And OMEGALUL Tony Stark was right all along in Civil War. Overall, movie was not that great and did not seem to push general narrative much. It was competent enough, we got a new char that can jump multis, perfect for the current setting and Strange got some new powers, but I kinda expected more from the title alone. Horror and gore elements were nice addition, and Bruce Campbell cameo was great. Such a Sam Raimi move.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-05-06 at 09:51 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Because I want to see general opinion and what scores people are giving it? I expect people to have some basic decency, and to follow forum rules, and use spoiler tags on movie details when it's been out for all of about a day. I do suppose decency and maturity are asking a bit much for MMO-C, tbf.
    9. Spoilers If you have information from say a book (Or any other source) a movie or TV show is being adapted from you need to use spoiler tags. Same thing if you have found reliable leaks online. Do not ruin other's excitement when we have a system in place to deal with this. Otherwise spoiler tags are not required, regardless of how a topic is titled. You should be able to discuss the most recent events that have aired or been released without needing to use spoiler tags. If you want to discuss spoilers, use the tags.

Those are this subforums rules and have been for a long time.

Expecting other people to go out of their way to avoid saying anything spoilery so that you can see exactly what rotten tomatoes or IMDB shows is a bit silly tbf.

To post on topic, I liked the movie quite a bit. Not as good as No Way Home but still damn good. Was a bit shorter then I expected, but was very much a Raimi movie through and through which was very groovy.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2022-05-06 at 10:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I didn't go into this thread after the movie came out, until I saw movie today, why would you? You got no right to complain when you put yourself at risk. NOBODY MADE YOU, so don't point fingers for your decision, it's hypocritical.
    First off, I didn't. I posted in this topic after seeing it. However other users have not. Which is why my first post after release did not include any spoilers, just personal feelings on the movie.

Secondly, that doesn't discount my point. Posting spoilers unblocked the day the movie comes out is still disrespectful to other posters on this site.

Thirdly, even if I grant you that I should have avoided the page if I didn't see it. That would not be hypocritical because there is no hypocrisy in my stance. A hypocrite would be if I posted spoilers and then told someone else not to, for example. Or if I posted and told someone not to post at all. So you are wrong on all counts, congratulations.

Fourthly, I will not be replying to your further. So if you want to pretend you have an argument, please go ahead and have the last word.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    To post on topic, I liked the movie quite a bit. Not as good as No Way Home but still damn good. Was a bit shorter then I expected, but was very much a Raimi movie through and through which was very groovy.
    I agree with this. There was some weird timing things, but that is pretty consistent with Raimi movies.

No Way Home still the best Phase 4 movie, but that isn't say much when Shang-Chi and this one are the only two I really enjoyed watching and No Way Home is easily Top 5 MCU films.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-05-06 at 10:51 PM.
    –The Sith Code

I was kinda meh on the film. Didn't tickle my fancy. I wanted a more insano Scarlet Witch. I do not like the version of Wanda the MCU presents I think.