Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ofcourse I believe ,there will be an investigation through the Blizzard about how much is goldselling effecting their revenues, then I'm pretty sure that they will take more serious actions aganist goldsellers.

I mean you would have to ban blizzard, so . . . prolly not gonna happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFrag View Post
    Ofcourse I believe ,there will be an investigation through the Blizzard about how much is goldselling effecting their revenues, then I'm pretty sure that they will take more serious actions aganist goldsellers.
    Yeah dude, because in the 17 years the game has existed they've never once considered the impact of gold selling on their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Yeah dude, because in the 17 years the game has existed they've never once considered the impact of gold selling on their game.
    True. It's why they should consider doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I did prefer the old method where gold selling was rather niche and rarely done compared to it being made commonplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    They're trying. Problem is that they keep coming back.

Supply and demand, and all that. There is demand, so there will be supply.
    Add to the fact is that unlike bots the gold seller's toons don't need to be developed. They get a trial account, walk to town, and start advertising. They've made changes, like the recent one where you can't put custom text in group finder names with an authenticator. But unless they put in rules like "no group finder or trade/general channel use until max level" rule a gold seller can replace their advertiser, who is just directing you to their website not the accounts which actually have the illicit gold. I could get banned for advertising and have a replacement toon spamming in Orgrimmar and general within 5 minutes probably.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    I don't think they should get a monopoly on that, if they didn't like it, they shouldn't have endorsed it by making WoW Token.
    You don't see the difference between Blizzard selling their own product in their own store in a safe way. And people selling Blizzard's property for their own profit in a way that has historically led to a multitude of problems like accounts being stolen and used for botting, or even having huge credit card charges racked up?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post

carry services aren't a form of cheating
    I'm sorry, are you saying buying a carry isn't cheating? Don't waste my time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sadly, it is a neverending war, hence the existence of the token.

- - - Updated - - -

Carry services following ToS and not, has always been a thing, and as long as people need a hand, it'll keep existing.
    Maybe in this game.

And btw to all you saying it isn't cheating, it is also against ToS to advertise them on the group finder.
    Everyone don't be discouraged. Report their asses!
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-12-24 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    As long as blizzard has the wow token, they will never ban gold sellers
    Actually because Blizzard sells gold I'm sure they are doing all they can to stop gold sellers. Because each gold seller is eating into Blizzard's Token profits, so why wouldn't they want to stop them?

The sellers are infinite, it's the buyers that should be banned. Fear is the best deterrent to gold buying. People who are afraid to be banned will not buy gold. Make people afraid again with constant buyer ban waves. With no one to buy, sellers go bankrupt.
    Last edited by VideoGamePlayer; 2021-12-25 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFrag View Post
    Hello fellow azerothians. The title might be offensive but only to goldsellers, multiboxers, auction house/material botters. We have been trying to play the game since the beginning but those people we call CHEATERS have been ruining the game. I have been reporting almost every suspicious people who might be gold seller or botter and yes I have recieved a mail that confirms someone had been punished for CHEATING. We must report all CHEATERS and clean our game. Maybe if we show how much we despise them, Blizzard might take more serious steps to banning all of them. Would you like to support? Type your ideas
    I think they should ban gold sellers,

ban all boosts

and get tougher on the poorly behaved players.

Clean up the game. This is supposed to be the Cadillac of MMOs, they need to start acting like it if they want to fix their mess.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I'm sorry, are you saying buying a carry isn't cheating? Don't waste my time.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe in this game.

And btw to all you saying it isn't cheating, it is also against ToS to advertise them on the group finder.
    Everyone don't be discouraged. Report their asses!
    no, it's not cheating. that is blatantly obvious, Mr Don't Waste My Time. and while it's against ToS to ADVERTISE in the group finder (I always report them), carry services are still very much allowed according to the ToS - they just have to advertise in places other than the group finder. If carry services was considered cheating by Blizzard then there would've been a post or something about how it's not allowed a long, long time ago.

Then we have to ban blizzard. The biggest goldseller of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    no, it's not cheating. that is blatantly obvious, Mr Don't Waste My Time. and while it's against ToS to ADVERTISE in the group finder (I always report them), carry services are still very much allowed according to the ToS - they just have to advertise in places other than the group finder. If carry services was considered cheating by Blizzard then there would've been a post or something about how it's not allowed a long, long time ago.
    I couldn't care less what Blizzard considers. Until not long ago they also premitted multiboxing and it was still cheating.
    What Blizzard permits is different than what things are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Haha! You nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I couldn't care less what Blizzard considers. Until not long ago they also premitted multiboxing and it was still cheating.
    What Blizzard permits is different than what things are.
    Yeah, what's Blizzard thinking not immediately heeding the empty moral condemnation of random people on an internet message board?! The nerve.

10+ Year Old Account
    ·If you buy golds from third party sellers, because you want to pay less or pay with something else like bitcoin... you will be banned for 14 days if you get caught.
    ·If you buy golds from token, from Blizzard, its all fine.

If you ban our goldsellers, we will just buy goldsellers golds thru tokens instead....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    The more money company has the better production quality we'll get.
    Oh sweet summer child. Blizzard made better games when they had less money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    ·If you buy golds from third party sellers, because you want to pay less or pay with something else like bitcoin... you will be banned for 14 days if you get caught.
    ·If you buy golds from token, from Blizzard, its all fine.

If you ban our goldsellers, we will just buy goldsellers golds thru tokens instead....
    Pretty much. You're not allowed to have that money. You're only allowed to have Blizzard credit.

But that makes everything ok, since Blizzard is getting all the money!

/s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    If there was an upvote feature, I'd use it on this post. Instead, have the thumbs up of a random stranger on the internet.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Just a random thought:

- remove the wow token

- limit the max gold that can be carried to 10000

- limit the price of anything bought with gold to 10000

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    As long as there's buyers, you will never get rid of the sellers.

Start by slamming the ban hammer on the buyers, and you may manage to curb the undesired behavior.
    If you kill every person who uses drugs, drug dealers will run out of business and we will solve a global crisis. I swear you internet contrarians are a piece of work.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I find sad is that many of those buying illicit gold don't seem to understand that they are giving their own information to the very thieves who want things such as your credit card information and login information. Then, sometime later after their initial transactions, they have some unexplained charges on their cards or find their credit wrecked from having given thieves the information needed to use those cards, or commit identity theft.

Most of the gold sellers are in countries that have no reason to follow intellectual property laws and as such, gold selling of illicit gold is a multi-Billion dollar a year industry. Those same companies steal accounts from other players, as well as from those that purchase from them at a later time.
    Last edited by Flatspriest; 2021-12-25 at 07:20 AM.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Blizzard sell gold, should they ban themselves???