Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    If you are referring to this thread or this thread then these are the absolute worst examples to use here, this the OP in those threads had been outted for lying, puchasing carrying, and just being a terrible person in general. Unless there was another one.
    Nah it was on the actual Community Council event. I remember reading through it and I was like yep...this is Mythic Raider issues. Not saying they don't deserve to be heard but I remember saying that the Council will mostly be high-end players talking about high-end issues and so far I don't believe I've been wrong.

Actually, I've yet to see anyone spare the one racist dude even mention how mid-level players are being harmed most of all.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miffinat0r View Post
    Actually, I've yet to see anyone spare the one racist dude even mention how mid-level players are being harmed most of all.
    The guy in question may have been a racist PoS, but that doesn't detract anything from the many good points he made.

I honestly don't even see what the point of the council is if they're not even going to respond to them frequently. What a waste and definitely a strawman. They're using players once again to put their negativity upon. What a shit company.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I honestly don't even see what the point of the council is if they're not even going to respond to them frequently. What a waste and definitely a strawman. They're using players once again to put their negativity upon. What a shit company.
    Blizzard fired most of their QAs and CMs, and they've put some of their most loyal customers to pick up the (involuntary) slack. And to top it all, they have the gall to claim that it's being made as a gesture of goodwill towards the community. The nerve

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    Pretty much sums it up, repeat every 2 years, 3 if the dev team gets lazy. This is pretty much reflected in the perceived quality drop since WoD. Looking at it like this, I'd say the early quitters got the best deal, and left the rest of the players to keep playing in the mud that is wow's current state. Some players still want wow to go back to some older design elements and try to fix it, but I think that's much to late. The whales are keeping the game alive, as only revenue matters, not the sub count or it's reputation in the gaming industry, and as long as that persists, the game will never change or get any better.

The council is just another shit tier system designed to shut up players, 'no, u don't understand the game, only council members do, and we listen to them' all the while ignoring them too.
    I mean it's like when they said they're designing the game for themselves lol
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I mean it's like when they said they're designing the game for themselves lol
    This, combined with gold for cash, and the devs themselves selling boosts (and condoning other to do so) just reinforces the sentiment that this game is made only for a small select group of people, with the rest of the subs just being there do fund it. As a player, you're along for the ride, but the game wasn't designed with you in mind, they'll throw you a bone when they see fit, but as long as the game is pay 2 win, you are no longer the target audience. This game now is getting focused mostly around the whales and those who cater to them, either you're part of the gold selling treadmill (either as booster or buyer) or be a peasant sub.

Blizz is really shitting the bed with this: any game with required subscription has no business being P2W in any form. Now that blizz themselves support it becoming P2W, they entirely deserve the loss in players.
    Last edited by bloodkin; 2022-01-06 at 10:57 AM.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    3) So called "casual" content, that can only be about exceeding grind, that automatically makes it alt-unfriendly.
    Yes this content is just pure grinding. Nothing else. Do that thing for an ungodly amount of time and you get some small cosmetic or pet. There is nothing fun in this category, just mindless grinds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    How many years ago was that? The guy who said it isn't even with the company anymore and stopped working on the actual game well before he left.. People need to let this go.
    To be honest i doubt that was just a spontaneous idea from that guy, i guess that is rather something they say a lot in the design department at WoW.
    Last edited by Yriel; 2022-01-06 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It is made up of yes men. Even if Blizzard did listen to them, the council is primarily made up of hardcore players: raiders and pvpers. Casuals, the majority of WoW's audience, are not represented, much like how WoW's modern dev team is run by hardcore raiders turned devs. So the WoW playerbase will continue to be neglected.
    Sounds like it is a House of Lords without the House of Commons (UK politics)

WoW itself is kind of dead (from an interest standpoint, even shit mobile games have millions of players with more interest). I don't even hear people talking about it anymore outside of this site. I only come here now to see the lore and admire the artwork from the devs, it is my guilty pleasure, plus I am building a videogame with some close friends and I like to see as much development stuff as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    To be honest i doubt that was just a spontaneous idea from that guy, i guess that is rather something they say a lot in the design department at WoW.
    Prove it. Nah,. that is what you want them to think in the design department, not what they are saying. For all; you know, he got mocked back at the office for it.

He said it, they are his words and his words only. Unless someone can provide evidence others said it at the office.

Prove it. Nah,. that is what you want them to think in the design department, not what they are saying. For all; you know, he got mocked back at the office for it.

He said it, they are his words and his words only. Unless someone can provide evidence others said it at the office.
    Actually i think that most devs think so. I work in software development (but not in games) and this our opinion, too, most of the time. But we are not that stupid to say that to our customers face. If anything, he got mocked for actually telling that to the fans (but probably rather got praise along the lines of "This madman actually told them, i always wanted to do that").

Like somebody else said, the Council was just a PR move.

They are not interested in feedback, they will do what they what up to the point were they need to pull another ripcord.

I/we can write down better ideas than current development team and it will be completely ignored

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Don't know what people were expecting out of this. This is no different than the beta forums when feedback is also largely ignored.

Only time Blizzard will respond is when money is talking to them. Dwindling cash-flow from subscribers, It's how we got 9.1.5 in the first place when they finally listened to feedback from beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Actually i think that most devs think so. I work in software development (but not in games) and this our opinion, too, most of the time. But we are not that stupid to say that to our customers face. If anything, he got mocked for actually telling that to the fans (but probably rather got praise along the lines of "This madman actually told them, i always wanted to do that").
    So because it happened in your office, it happens in all offices? Not how things work. You want them to think and do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post
    Like somebody else said, the Council was just a PR move.

They are not interested in feedback, they will do what they what up to the point were they need to pull another ripcord.

I/we can write down better ideas than current development team and it will be completely ignored
    Prove it. They are always interested in feedback. Not caving to whining players does not = not listening to feedback.

ANd no they haven 't pulled a ripcord either. Also, you thinking you have a better idea doesn't make it a better idea. A lot of people can look at your idea as even worse.

I expected to see at least a couple responses this week. Not every thread, but maybe 3-4 responses. We got two for classic but zero for live. If next week also passes without non-classic devs engaging with the council I agree it's reasonable to consider this a failure.

This is a shame, because the council members are making some high quality posts. They're putting effort in.

5+ Year Old Account
    They are always interested in feedback.
    As you love to say, prove it. And I mean beyond the usual lip service.

no they haven 't pulled a ripcord either.
    XD

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I expected to see at least a couple responses this week. Not every thread, but maybe 3-4 responses. We got two for classic but zero for live. If next week also passes without non-classic devs engaging with the council I agree it's reasonable to consider this a failure.

This is a shame, because the council members are making some high quality posts. They're putting effort in.
    I mean in theory they could always, at any future point in time, start to respond and it could suddenly turn into the best thing ever. But we simply already know that this whole rubbish existed in various versions before and feedback was ignored back then as well. Not to mention when it wasn't some devs behaved less than mature. Now that they have less of everything they're suddenly supposed to respond nicely to it without underminding their own position or that of the company? The math simply doesn't check out here.

There is also the simple truth that no one at current Blizzard has shared their design goals for modern version of the game (which would probably be a PR nightmare in itself, as the truth is not very digestable to the average non-dev), that already makes any and all discussion moot, as no communication on the same level can take place. This is stuff you start out with to establish the basics, until then you are just shouting into the void very much like the normal forums which already offerered everything and more that the clown council has produced so far.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2022-01-08 at 01:44 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    The guy in question may have been a racist PoS, but that doesn't detract anything from the many good points he made.
    The guy wasn't a racist, he replied to a racist comment saying the guy would get his point across better if it wasn't worded in such a racist manner. Leave it to Twitter to distort that.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miffinat0r View Post
    Uhh wut? WoW never got above 12 mill during Wrath. From there it was a steady decline, then Blizz stopped publishing their numbers because we all saw how more and more players were leaving as time went on.
    when did they stop reporting? wasn't it during WoD? and then came Legion, a very successful expansion?

Latest raid tests show why you cant have players involved and end up with 500 cooks in the kitchen. The council thread on raid testing basically pressured them to push out bosses, half of those bosses per the testing are far from completed and half get cancelled - so they will rush them even more and you end up with either scuffed up boss or a joke one on lunch. All of this so some nobodies can login and see a bugged fight before its released and collect clout over videos.