High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Microsoft Buys Activision Blizzard

Don't see this posted yet - Microsoft just acquired Activision Blizzard for 68 Billion.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/m...on-2022-01-18/
    "The nomad's life enthralls me. Its restlessness pursues me: it is as much a part of me as of the sailor. All ports and none are home to him, and all arrivings only a new setting forth" ~ Ella Maillart

Watch Blizz fire Kotick and become heroes. If there's any hope for the future of the company, it just got a lot better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by m4Zzo928 View Post
    Watch Blizz fire Kotick and become heroes. If there's any hope for the future of the company, it just got a lot better imo.
    They already stated that he will remain.

This was a mistake unless they plan to clean house
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    They already stated that he will remain.
    Only until after the merger.

Ah ok, maybe for a limited time? If I'm not mistaken MS was politically correct in their opinion on Blizz/Act recent issues, but did soft condemn them publicly. I mean there's definitely going to be changes, I have no doubt about that.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They won't clean house immediately, they'll do their own internal review before beginning any overhaul. There will be an overhaul; Microsoft didn't do this just to let them continue business-as-usual. I take this as pretty good news, at least in the medium-term. Likely won't result in any short-term changes.
    "The nomad's life enthralls me. Its restlessness pursues me: it is as much a part of me as of the sailor. All ports and none are home to him, and all arrivings only a new setting forth" ~ Ella Maillart

lol holy fucking shit what the fuck

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    It's not a merger .. it's a takeover.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    His contract runs through 2024.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a related question. I have never played any console game. IF they port WoW to the X-Box, given it's controllers, how would it change ?

Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    His contract runs through 2024.
    That's just a signature away from not mattering, as things can change when Microsoft owns the company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    There are a few existing threads on this in the appropriate subforum already, and this isn't the correct place for this discussion. Closing this.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-01-18 at 07:12 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead