Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    Hunter used to be my main for years, trying sometimes to make it back, but it just falls short.

First, they killed the old survival and implemented this melee abomination spec no one asked for. And at the same time, they destroyed MM in Legion.

Basically, just BM feels good to play atm. Really sad state of afairs.
    Are you talking about Hunters falling short? Wow ... It's the best it's been for a very long time. Also, personally, I really enjoy the state of Survival and MM. Survival great for solo content, MM for arena, raids and m+
    Tandlæge lån find den bedste udbyder til dit behov lige her.

Quote Originally Posted by Venvuki View Post
    Are you talking about Hunters falling short? Wow ... It's the best it's been for a very long time. Also, personally, I really enjoy the state of Survival and MM. Survival great for solo content, MM for arena, raids and m+
    i dont think he means in terms of dps but in terms of design. Legion did change hunters quite radically, allthought i cant comment on legion since i only played my hunter briefly in it for MT. But in terms of BFA and SL, MM havent (in my opinion) felt good to play, it feels sluggish and just generally clunky and boring. Dont get me wrong, im happy MM got a spot in the light for once, but in terms of design i dont find it enjoyable. I tried with survival and while its flows quite nice, i dont really like playing meele hunter. BM flows pretty well from my experience, but they are so garbage in AoE that i cant justify going BM.

Hopefully we will see soon the new talent tree for hunters, hopefully they did quite some changes, i kinda miss Cata/mop/wod MM hunter in terms of design, especielly aimed shot on the move.

I'm fine with MM right now. Hated the Legion version, so much so that I played the xpac as BM even if the dps was lower and I don't inherently like BM. Aimed Shot returning to a casted turret nuke is good, it's the essence of the original Aimed Shot. It's not unfun, though not necessarily exciting either. They could give us procs that make it castable on the move, setup that super-haste it outside of Trueshot, or lengthen its CD so its not such a huge chunk of the rotation. Slow, methodical, and drops like a Tsar Bomb, that's Marks' identity to me. I would love to have the old Survival back, the mobile steady-pressure spec that splashes the screen with numbers but never has the same decapitating "POP"- two ranged styles that contrast with one another. How much of the dissatisfaction is coming from not having that option, not having an alternative to its playstyle within the class?

God how I miss MOP MM hunters.... They destroyed spec completely with Legion

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    I like to make my own OCD weak auras. I really like how things come together in a perfect way. It also makes me perform extremely well - as I have to learn ins/outs, rotation and CD usage. I can honestly suggest you to try it - it is the best way to improve.

I've perfected more less each class - I just had to work on my MM hunter.

I have failed after spending whole 3 days(something that usually takes few hours - and I got some good experience with WA). I'm not even joking and frankly a bit salty.

I had to give up - the rotation is simple on paper - but when you actually dig in it - you see how awful the design is. There are things that won't work in conditional setting(or at least Ive failed to see the logic for the first time in this project - which is the point - anyone should be able to understand the meaning of given rotation).

Elemental shamans with far more dynamics, with much better flow - while the 3-4 buttons and Trueskill iteration is seriously dumb and just compensating with high crit damage.

What is your opinion about the MM?
    I disagree. I like its state quite a lot; it all feels great once you "get" it. My only complaint is aimed shot cast should prolly be a little bit faster (maybe minus .5).

My complains are with BM with its abysmal boring style and terrible AoE damage.

Edit: However, I do understand the importance of having an easier spec for casual players.
    Last edited by conkrete; 2022-06-07 at 02:51 PM.

MM is the most bland spec in the game. Almost nothing stands out in the spec and it feels like playing a worse destro lock tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    It's the best is not the same as good.

...I dare you to make your own WA for the rotation, if you insist on:

1)Not capping energy.
    2)Not capping aimed shot.
    3)Spending precise shots optimally.
    4)Spending focus on arcane shots optimally.
    5)Rapid Fire and coventant abilties got it's own priority.
    6)Put the Trueshot rotation on top of that.
    I think it's "Spending precise shots optimally" part that is not intuitive in the rotation. That to play optimally, you'll miss and ignore some Precise Shots. But once you get the hang of part, I think the rotation works quite well and has some nuance.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilmoyh View Post
    I think it's "Spending precise shots optimally" part that is not intuitive in the rotation. That to play optimally, you'll miss and ignore some Precise Shots. But once you get the hang of part, I think the rotation works quite well and has some nuance.
    There is not a single case in the entire game, where you can't stick to a logical conditioning. Expect with the MM. Sure, some classes with a priority spell list on procs, but you don't need to actively "waste" procs.

I really couldn't let it go - and in the end - I got burned out.

I think it's a mess, based on the standard class design philosophy. It's stands out, sure - but in a really bad way.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-07-18 at 09:31 PM.

which is stronger in 9.2.5 - MM or BM?

Surv is very enjoyable currently with the tier bonus and cluster legendary.

You should try it.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

How do you even need WAs for MM? MM probably has the simplest rotation out of all DPS specs in the game. Just press Aimed Shot. All the time.

You need only few rules.
    Do not cap aimed shots.
    Do not cap focus.
    Keep rapid fire on cd.
    Maximize the burst cd up time / maximize the cleave dmg.
    Do the mechanics of the fight. You have the mobility and turtle to cheese.

Weak auras are for the weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    You need only few rules.
    Do not cap aimed shots.
    Do not cap focus.
    Keep rapid fire on cd.
    Maximize the burst cd up time / maximize the cleave dmg.
    Do the mechanics of the fight. You have the mobility and turtle to cheese.

For the weak, and for the best.

Mediocre players raiding in mediocre guilds can ignore WAs though.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post

Real men use power auras.

Quote Originally Posted by Armael View Post
    I miss WoD MM. I can't stand MM right now.
    Same. WoD MM was the best for me. Only expac I mained MM.
    Legion MM was also not my liking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

Quote Originally Posted by Lionwoman View Post
    Same. WoD MM was the best for me. Only expac I mained MM.
    Legion MM was also not my liking.
    Legion MM was fun. I liked it better than Survival, and I didn't really care for BM.

But now I only really play BM. If I wanted to play melee, I would play any other character.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Legion MM was fun. I liked it better than Survival, and I didn't really care for BM.

But now I only really play BM. If I wanted to play melee, I would play any other character.
    Same.
    Survival never was my cup of tea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

Hunters have just been in a sorry state since WoD. Arguably for the game's entire existence. They've never had any interesting mechanics to their rotations, and certainly now it just doesn't feel like Blizz has any idea what they can do to make them more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Hunters have just been in a sorry state since WoD. Arguably for the game's entire existence. They've never had any interesting mechanics to their rotations, and certainly now it just doesn't feel like Blizz has any idea what they can do to make them more interesting.
    BM I feel is in a decent place mechanically, just a bit lacking in proper damage scaling. MM and Survival have really struggled though, Survival ever since the change to Melee and MM probably also since Legion. Both lack a core mechanic on which to build. Survival at least used to have one with the interractions between different poisons and bleeds. MM meanwhile never truly managed to carve out a significant niche beyond "Aimed Shot good", and so cannot really become mechanically interesting on its own, instead requiring external buffs to supåply the mechanical nuance that it otherwise lacks, as seen in Uldir with the Machinegun build.

At least MM is currently getting a lot of actual interractions in its rotation beyond just Trick Shots being a proc that exists. Though I would have liked more interractions with Aimed Shot and Critical Strikes as that seems to be the direction the spec talent tree is building, though I will probably have to settle for the spec being built around efficient use of Focus to fuel various procs.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish Trueshot was more special on its own..

Now:
    Trueshot
    Instant 2 min cooldown
    Requires Hunter (Marksmanship)
    Requires level 34

Reduces the cooldown of your Aimed Shot and Rapid Fire by 60%, and causes Aimed Shot to cast 50% faster for 15 sec.
    While Trueshot is active, you generate 50% additional Focus.
    Wish:
    Trueshot Aura
    Instant 3 min cooldown
    Requires Hunter (Marksmanship)
    Requires level 34

You instantly gain two Aimed Shot charges, also your next two Aimed Shots have no cast time and deal arcane damage.
    While Trueshot Aura is on cooldown, you and your party gain 1% increased criticalstrike chance every 1 second when standing still up to 10%. Lasts for 3 seconds.