Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What WoW Theme Music Calls To You The Most

What music in Warcraft, when hearing it outside of the game (youtube, twitch, social media, etc.), brings the flood of nostalgic memories. Memories that entice you to return and keep playing like a siren song luring sailors to their doom upon the rocks. Music so strong that just by hearing it creates the vivid images in your mind.

Even though I mostly played Horde, my first character was Alliance. So to me the Stormwind theme will be stuck in my head forever. A close second would be the Ashenvale theme. I am sure there are Horde themes, like the Barrens, that are as strong.

What are yours? And they don't have to be from Vanilla.

Stormwind

Ashenvale
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

If someone doesn't mention Storm Peaks....imma finna to fight them.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well this is an exercise that's gonna make me want to play Classic again.

FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

This, but especially the part that plays at 4:10:

"Night Song" which can be played through the jukebox in the Garrison is arguably one of the best WoW tracks. A portion of it plays during the Ysera death cinematic in Val'sharah, a cinematic I never skip when taking alts through the questline(s).

All of the WoW music I have added to my favorite's playlist:

• Vanilla - Thunder Bluff
    • Vanilla - the ghost/spirit healer theme
    • Vanilla - Fire Festival (Horde)
    • BC - Silvermoon City
    • BC - Eversong Woods
    • BC - Magister's Terrace
    • BC - the Sunwell
    • Wrath - Login theme
    • Wrath - Ulduar/Titan's theme
    • Wrath - Argent Tournament themes
    • Wrath - Gunship Battle
    • Wrath - Invincible
    • Cata - The Shattering (the Ulduar/Titan theme turned into an anthem for the Dwarves)
    • Cata - Mulgore
    • Cata - Gilneas theme
    • Cata - Twilight's Hammer theme
    • MoP - Login theme
    • MoP - Monk Mistweaver
    • MoP - Monk Windwalker
    • MoP - The Wandering Isle
    • MoP - The Jade Forest
    • MoP - The Valley of the Four Winds
    • MoP - Pandaren Tavern
    • MoP - one beautiful track from the Angler's Wharf at Krassarang Wilds
    • MoP - Kun-Lai Summit
    • MoP - Timeless Isle
    • MoP - Siege of Orgrimmar
    • WoD - A Siege of Worlds (login theme)
    • WoD - Shadowmoon Valley
    • WoD - Beautiful Desolation (Frostfire Ridge piano theme)
    • WoD - Alliance garrison music
    • WoD - Malach (Auchindoun theme)
    • WoD - the reorchestration of WC3's human theme, Blackrock & Roll, played in BRF.
    • Legion - Anduin's theme
    • Legion - Preserve
    • Legion - Requiem for the Lost Cities
    • Legion - Emerald Nightmare
    • Legion - a small segment from the Broken Shore
    • Legion - last zone music of Argus and Antorus (the part with the tense violins)
    • BFA - Battle for Lordaeron Alliance
    • BFA - Kul'Tiras tavern chant
    • BFA - Time & Tide

WoW's soundtrack peaked in MoP and WoD. I have music from other expansions listed, but those were just the very best ones. I found Legion's and BFA's OST to be overall forgettable, whereas while I don't list every single track from MoP and WoD, the average track there was pretty decent.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2022-01-05 at 07:38 PM.

One of the Mulgore tracks. It sounds very peaceful.

Oh, and there's like 3 different tracks that play while in Tiragarde Sound that absolutely slap, I love that zone.

No one has posted Grizzly Hills? Shame.

Shadowlands Ardenweald

Malach in WoD is one that I always love hearing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    What music in Warcraft, when hearing it outside of the game (youtube, twitch, social media, etc.), brings the flood of nostalgic memories.
    The soundtrack of Eversong Woods is my all time favourite, with Azuremyst Isle's being a close second. Third post goes to Terokkar Forest, with honorary mentions to Storm Peaks and Netherstorm/TK.

Legion was the best soundtrack. Or perhaps vanilla. I definitely keep going back to Legion music tho. The Cata main theme also keep drawing me in.

TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

WoD Alliance Garrison theme.

Song of Elune is a close second

Came to suggest Ashenvale upon seeing the thread title, OP didn't disappoint.

Siiiiiiigh. Those innocent days of questing on my first toon back in 2007, such happy memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkeshall View Post
    Came to suggest Ashenvale upon seeing the thread title, OP didn't disappoint.

Siiiiiiigh. Those innocent days of questing on my first toon back in 2007, such happy memories.
    I hear yeah. Ashenvale is one of those tracks you could meditate to. It's that soothing. It's like getting your soul wrapped in a warm blanket.
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

This is probably the last thing I heard. I turned off music sometime during TBC & never turned it back on.

10+ Year Old Account
    the Kazoo version of the tavern song from MOP.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

These 3:

WotLK - Agent Tournament
    WotLK - Grizzly Hills
    Legion - Anduin's Theme (Don't care about Arthduin but this is a masterpiece)