Optimal backdraft usage - question for min/maxers

Hi guys,

I hope you can come up with the simcraft answer to me - there is no any guide that answers my question.

A:
    1)Built up 4 shards.
    2)Conflag.
    3)2 CBs in a row with the backdraft buff.
    4)Never capping conflag charges and spending it on incinerate while under 4 shards.
    5)Repeat until 4 shards.

B:
    1)Build 2 shards.
    2)Conflag.
    3)CB once and with backdraft.
    4)Never reaching 4 shards or capping conflag charges(spending conflag charges on incinerate while under 2 shards).
    5)Repeat.

Which one is the optimal usage(or do you have anything I didn't consider)?

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I figured out that you only want to use CB 2 times in a row - if you are running Eradiction(which makes sense).

Otherwise - you want to just cast CB with 2 shards and backdraft buff.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-01-07 at 11:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to Warlock discord for actual info. This place is dead.

Backdraft - you can do whatever you want with it as long as you don't munch charges. With Conflag legendary you have it up so much it does not even matter optimize or not. Even without that, it's not a noticeable difference overall.

What you wrote about Eradication is a polar opposite of what you actually should do. You don't chain CBs as Eradication ever, unless you swim in shards anyway. But it's not played anyway, so whatever.

The only real optimisation you won't find in too many guides with Backdraft is to never cast a CB without it.

Because backdraft cast time reduction is a percentage and that CB has a bigger cast time than Incinerate, it is worth more on CB.

So casting CB with backdraft then Inci without it will result in lower total cast time than Inci with Backdraft then CB without it.

So, if you have 3.7 SS and Conflagrate is coming back in 1.5 secs, it is worth to cast another Incinerate without Backdraft then to Conflag into CB to benefit from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotural View Post
    The only real optimisation you won't find in too many guides with Backdraft is to never cast a CB without it.
    The reason you don't find it in many guides is simply because it's a very very tiny optimization that is not worth playing around. It's practically a pointless complication and might even be harmful in various cases. For one - you most certainly will have cases where you want to cast CB without backdraft, if you have to.