Poll: What comes next after WotLK classic?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Why would they do anything beyond Wrath? Cata is a universally hated expansion specially by classic Andys and the tipping point of where the game started to become this bloated garbage that we have today.
    -It likely gets easier to roll out due to moving away from the Classic code
    -T11 is still very popular among raiders
    -Cata heroics are (in)famous (c'mon, everybody kept saying how players got "better" after Classic came out, maybe let's test that in a more challenging enviroment)
    -It's not going last more than a year anyway because there isn't enough content to stretch it that long (meaning you can also quickly focus on other things)

I enjoy Classic and i enjoyed Cata (except the farming DS for a year part), altough for different reasons.
    There's also some people within the Classic audience that aren't going to touch Wotlk, because many see it as the breaking point where WoW departed its RPG roots, it's still going to come out.

Not saying it will happen, but i'm not going to outrule it, because they gotta do something after Wotlk if they want to retain "Classic subs", endlessly releasing Classic with some changes isn't going to cut it.

I feel the Classic experience will end with MoP. No fuckin chance people want to play WoD again, but maybe I'm wrong.

Ultimate WoW celebrating 20 years anniversary (or 25, can't remember anymore)

Pandaria zones, new revamped raids based off of:

- Naxxramas
    - Karazhan
    - Ulduar
    - ICC
    - Firelands
    - Siege of Orgrimmar
    - Completely new raid following the teachings and playing model of the old favourite raids.

lol cata isn't classic, but we have so many expansions that it's not modern wow either

I hope it's classic + tbh

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    I feel the Classic experience will end with MoP. No fuckin chance people want to play WoD again, but maybe I'm wrong.
    Cata/ Wod and Legion were the best expansions what are you on about

I suspect a Cata classic. They won't stop making them until one.. maybe two actually dud out. I could see them making a drive towards MoP too. In recent times it's grown a lot more beloved.

If they release cata classic i'm sure after a while there will be more population on the servers that remain wotlk classic lvl 80 than there will be on the classic cata ones.
    Wotlk is the reason tbc classic is doing so well atm, tbc classic is just a wotlk waiting room.

still would like wotlk to linger around little longer... before cata.

With proper pacing and a bit of updating, Cataclysm would probably be quite successful. The main complaints at the time, if I recall, were mainly about pacing. Firelands and DS were far too small for how long we had to run them. If they did like 5-6 months of T11, then 3-4 of T12/T13 before moving into MoP Classic, I think people would like it well enough.

They could also go down the path of adding that Abyssal Maw raid, and fleshing out DS some more, but I don't think Blizzard will make new content for any of the expansions on their first pass.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    None of the Above.

I don't think there's enough interest in Cata or MoP.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Cata/ Wod and Legion were the best expansions what are you on about
    1 out of 3...is okay?

WoD was awful and Cata wasn't exactly great...but Legion was pretty decent

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    1 out of 3...is okay?

WoD was awful and Cata wasn't exactly great...but Legion was pretty decent
    Wod :
    Wonderful fluid leveling with good story and each zone had its own little unique feauture
    Garrisons were fun and had something home like to them
    pvp was balanced mostly and easy to get into with multiple characters
    twinking was easy
    lots of open world content ( compared to previous versions not newer )
    unique contentlike collososseum
    ( good raids ? never played them but people always say so)

Legion :
    Most content of all wow versions
    World quests
    Mythic +
    fun legendarys with hundreds of playstyles
    good pvp easy to get into
    twinking was easy
    so much lore I still find new parts
    the best leveling we ever got
    and so much more

Cata :
    Basically woltk in hardmode
    Fun leveling with unique zones so eversone felt fresh
    update to the old world fixing this broken boring quests that were all copy paste of each other
    goblin and worgen starting zones are just chefs kiss
    demanding pvp and introduction of rbg
    Heroic raids felt never more rewarding
    dungeons were all fun and had a better reason to do than woltks

I don't think Classic will go past LK, but in all honesty, i'd play the hell out of a MoP Classic version.

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    We're getting past expansions in classic for the first three expansions, but Cata is different to other expansions, before BfA it was seen battling with WoD the first place for the worst expansion.

So what do you think will happen? Will we get Cata classic or MoP classic?
    Blizz said the project is for versions with old talent trees. Personally Id like it if they stay on Wrath and instead have multiple kinds of Wrath servers. (Think Warmane but without win to pay for gear).

It will continue into cata then mop and so on. As long as there is enough players to fill a few servers, which im pretty sure it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Cataclysm. Still a very solid expansion: great PvP rated and unrated, great raids (except DS), good heroic dungeons pre-nerf, interesting new leveling zones, nice lore, etc. Yes, it had some flaws but overall it was pretty good IMO. I'll definitely replay it.
    totally agree, although for me it just applies only for the first tier. but nevertheless, i would love to see it
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonf View Post
    Dear diary,
    This is Day 85 of farming primals for tailoring set. I can’t seem to understand how everyone around me magically has an epic flyer and I’m stuck here on my 60% flying mount losing all these tags. I checked the AH today to see if they have gone down from their 400g price per primal might but they still haven’t seem to budge. I guess I’ll try again tomorrow before I break down and buy gold off of a website that sells 10k gold for $30.

Nothing.
    Both are dogshit and Classic will end with ICC.

Whatever will make money. Can't wait for Wrath, though, the best expansion is going to be fun to play again.

Why would anyone play Cata again. Maybe for the first patch?? The xpansion is overall garbage and content drought, 4.2 and 4.3 sucked big balls regarding PVE, and honestly for PVP wrath feels just better. Even after all these years it has 0 popularity among private servers for a reason, meaning after a few weeks of release it would be completely empty.

WoW sub added to gamepass ultimate is next haha.