Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post
    Well Riot Games atm is basically winning everywhere is the top dog and can do anything
    Oh did they finally get their gender discrimination lawsuit all cleared up?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...on-settlement/

Nice.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

They can design new raids with unique mechanics to each boss, new zones, new abilities, new everything but 1 single arena map takes months to complete. Bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    They can design new raids with unique mechanics to each boss, new zones, new abilities, new everything but 1 single arena map takes months to complete. Bullshit.
    I guess the moving objectives are the problem, for pathfinding abillitys like charge. I mean look at Orgrimmar Arena, was bugged most of the time, temporary disabled and someday removed completly.

Heroic Leap in early cata could used to get out of bounce easily. Then they reworked and heroic leap wasnt useable when there is a small rock in your way, or when your charakter physically cant see the landing location, cause its downhill with a small edge or something.

Pet battles: 0/10
    Artifact weapons: 9/10
    Class order halls: 8/10

A net loss, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Oh did they finally get their gender discrimination lawsuit all cleared up?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...on-settlement/

Nice.
    Yes they did, they paid and they are keeping doing good games and product.

meanwhile blizzard is doing shitty games, keeping borderline rapist behaviour at work and deleting case proof

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    The only class hall I enjoyed was the dk one and it was just copied and pasted from wrath and moved to a new location. Artifact weapons were kinda cool but they really need to stop doing all this borrowed power crap. Never really been a fan of pet battles.

Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post
    Well Riot Games atm is basically winning everywhere is the top dog and can do anything
    How are they winning everywhere? All they've done lately is trying to catch up Blizz and Valve. Look at their latest games, all belong to a genre that Blizz and valve already had a stake in. Of them I only played Valorant which was shit and clunky with animation and mechanic plagiariziation from Blizz and Valve. It's certainly not enjoying the legacy of OW and CS. Not even going to comment on the hero concepts and their skills which are blatant plagiarization as well. Same goes for the Netflix series, Blizz already put forth their movie. Riot is fucking late and all I see is catch-up, not "winning".
    Last edited by Kageaki; 2022-01-09 at 09:15 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    DLC accurate as ever, good riddance to the devs leaving the sinking ship for higher pay elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRainingMetal View Post
    Pet battles, artifact weapons and class halls.. All are things that sucked. Cya I guess, lol.
    Maybe they sucked for you. But you are not the belly of this world, thank god, else we would have been in a totalitarism state of being.

I hated the ideea of pet battles, because I was smug and close minded, but when my first chosen one was boned, I had to hold him while he was sleeping, like 2-3 hours in a row, while I was sitting at my PC. So ... what the hell would I was suppost to play with only 1 hand ? So I started doing Pet Battles and got all the achivements. Since then, I've learned what we should have learned from birth: One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Try not to be so closed minded just because a thing is not FOR YOU.

Also, Class Halls were one of the most unique things lore/class/spec wise that has been done in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    So, a guy, we've never heard about before, worked on 2 failures and one popular thing leaves after an eternity..... Big news!!
    class halls were a failure? that's news to me.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gosuabbbff View Post
    Same goes for the Netflix series, Blizz already put forth their movie. Riot is fucking late and all I see is catch-up, not "winning".
    The fan boys here really do grow more impossibly retarded by the day

That name.. anyway considering that I don't give a toss about pet battles but he also worked and 2 of the last systems that were actually kinda good does not bode well for the future...

.. unless he secretly was the twat behind colossal bullshit like azerite gear, covenants and domination shards as well. Then good riddance.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    The fan boys here really do grow more impossibly retarded by the day
    And who might you be referring to? All I see is one incoherent Riot fanboy going on his retarded Blizzard bad #InsertRandomGameCompanyHere good spiel.

EDIT: Ah nevermind just checked your post history to see with kind of a poster I'm engaging with, and it's that type again . Yikes.

And who might you be referring to? All I see is one incoherent Riot fanboy going on his retarded Blizzard bad #InsertRandomGameCompanyHere good spiel.

EDIT: Ah nevermind just checked your post history to see with kind of a poster I'm engaging with, and it's that type again . Yikes.
    Sorry my man, I love/loved Blizzard, and I still have a sub active in WoW. I don't like LoL at all, I prefer DotA2. But still Riot's Arcana and how it treated their whole lore is just a great damn succesfull way. I wish we would have a tvshow from WoW, animated, would be 100% hit.

who would have known that Johnny Cash, besides being a top-notch singer, would also be a developer at blizz!
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    Sorry my man, I love/loved Blizzard, and I still have a sub active in WoW. I don't like LoL at all, I prefer DotA2. But still Riot's Arcana and how it treated their whole lore is just a great damn succesfull way. I wish we would have a tvshow from WoW, animated, would be 100% hit.
    I wouldn't know about that since my comment didn't refer to the quality of the show. I haven't even watched the show and don't intend to, too many shows on my watchlist already. All I was saying was that regardless of the Warcraft movie's quality, Blizzard already did it first and Riot is playing a catchup with varying success and not "winning" like that one troll put it.

3+ Year Old Account
    Pet battles were very much a "not-for-everyone" feature, but I very much enjoyed them. Heck, they were better balanced than the game they were aping off of, though that isn't saying much. Artifact weapons were probably one of the most overrated features in the game's history, but I wouldn't call em bad, per se. Class Halls were one of the better features of the past few xpacs. Overall, pretty good set of contributions, so I'll give him that.

. Same goes for the Netflix series, Blizz already put forth their movie. Riot is fucking late and all I see is catch-up, not "winning".
    Don't forget Valve's Dota: Dragon's Blood anime came out last year on Netflix too.

and another one
    and another one
    and another one

Pet Battles are one of those features that not everybody plugs into. And that's fine. The game needs more of that as an MMO. There are people who love Transmog and spend a lot of their time chasing old sets. There are people who love collecting mounts, or achievements, or whatever... there are plenty of activities besides Raids or Mythics and, shocking, the playerbase actually thrives when there's a wealth of things to do.

Personally, playing Pokemon inside WoW was a fun side activity for me, and it's surprising how much depth there is to some of it. I dabbled there and it was fine.

Class Halls were pretty well-received overall... it actually reminded us that our classes were important to the world and to us as part of our characters' identities.

And Artifact Weapons were a inarguable hit.

Blizzard's shitty work environment isn't just a result of people playing grab-ass there. It's Activision that has made a studio once concerned about quality and fun and gameplay into a place that's all about making multi-threaded revenue streams out of beloved IPs. Nobody needs a sexual harassment lawsuit to understand that Diablo 3's RMAH, the slow death of Heroes of the Storm, layoffs, Warcraft 3 Refunded, Diablo Immortal... those were Activision putting their fingers into everything.