Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Defeat Cinematics

I would love for blizzard to add ingame cinematics when you LOSE a boss fight.

Ex: Your raid lost to N'zoth and a cinematic plays showing how N'zoth corrupts Azeroth entirely turning it into void.

These loss cinematics would only apply to bosses whom already have cinematics (typically last boss in raid instance).

These people couldn't even come up with an actual cinematic for N'Zoth (you know, one that wasn't a 10 seconds rip-off of LOTR), there's no way they'd be able to come up with a Defeat cinematic too.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would support that if it was done in a particular way.

Does it happen every time, or only the first time you wipe? If it's every time it'll be annoying. If it's only the first time you've barely started the boss fight (you may not have gotten to N'Zoth's corruption phase, or even beaten the first adds before getting to the boss proper). Perhaps it's the first time you wipe at 10%? Or first wipe at 80%?
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnath View Post

Ex: Your raid lost to N'zoth and a cinematic plays showing how N'zoth corrupts Azeroth entirely turning it into void.

These loss cinematics would only apply to bosses whom already have cinematics (typically last boss in raid instance).
    It's a interesting idea but I think most people would skip it like they do most raid cutscenes.

That would be really cool. It's rather disappointing that Deathwing's enrage is to cause another Cataclysm, but the screen just fades to white and you don't get to see anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    Does it happen every time, or only the first time you wipe? If it's every time it'll be annoying.
    Just do what FFXIV did for it's boss cutscenes and add a "skip cutscenes you've already seen before" option in the menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Just do what FFXIV did for it's boss cutscenes and add a "skip cutscenes you've already seen before" option in the menu.
    Bigwigs has been doing that for me for so long I'd almost forgotten it wasn't a baseline feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

That would be a fun way to trick players into thinking that the final boss ends up winning if they were to datamine only that cinematic. It requires more resources just to something that would end up annoying the players though (then again they couldn't resist doing these annoying transitions during the Sylvanas fight).

A cool version of a defeat cinematic would be if the Lich King defeats us and we get raised into undead versions of ourselves and being forced to kill Tirion while he pleads to us.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    (then again they couldn't resist doing these annoying transitions during the Sylvanas fight).
    Annoying? They're a chance for me to drink some water and rest for a moment before continuing on with a hectic, mentally exhausting battle.

Silly suggestion, really.

That would make sense if said loss\defeat was permanent, or actually became lore.

Having a defeat cinematic for wipes on a boss, that then turn into a winning cinematic when you kill it, is plain absurd, and one of the silliest suggestions i've read. It would be a "what if you lose" scenario that literally has no relevance to the story of the game since it doesn't actually happen in lore, since, you know, we defeat the baddies! and just be actually confusing for those more easily distracted or confused.

"haha you lost, the void absorbed Azeroth, the world is now corrupted and everyone is dead, including your character...................

......... PSYCH! JUST KIDDING! Just release and go again! "

oh, and i can already imagine people purposely causing wipes on pugs because they want to see said cinematic. Genius idea really.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2022-01-12 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Silly suggestion, really.

That would make sense if said loss\defeat was permanent, or actually became lore.

Having a defeat cinematic for wipes on a boss, that then turn into a winning cinematic when you kill it, is plain absurd, and one of the silliest suggestions i've read. It would be a "what if you lose" scenario that literally has no relevance to the story of the game since it doesn't actually happen in lore, since, you know, we defeat the baddies! and just be actually confusing for those more easily distracted or confused.
    What would be confusing about it? You get a game over cutscene and then restart the fight. It's clear you're supposed to succeed and kill the boss. Bad endings have always been cool "what if" scenarios.

Would be a fun what if scenario if you wipe on a boss lol

- - - Updated - - -

Especially Zovaal actually

Oh boy I can't wait to have to push the esc key EVERYTIME I WIPE

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    These people couldn't even come up with an actual cinematic for N'Zoth (you know, one that wasn't a 10 seconds rip-off of LOTR), there's no way they'd be able to come up with a Defeat cinematic too.
    they did, did you forget the entire cinematic before it?
    The whole point was players were sick and tired of "someone else stealing the kill" so they gave us what we wanted, but added that little cinematic after. also it was longer then 10 seconds so idk why you gotta lie mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Oh boy I can't wait to have to push the esc key EVERYTIME I WIPE
    Pssst Bigwigs can already do that for you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    That was more of a Star Wars moment then LOTR.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    RPG elements in WoW?! Crazy talk! /s

Honestly a great idea, unless you can accept that they'll be reusing the same cutscene for "you lose" on every boss, past, present and future, as I highly doubt they'll pour ressources into it.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Pssst Bigwigs can already do that for you.
    That's nice for a cutscene that in an ideal situation I see once

Not for one I have to see Everytime I fuck up

10+ Year Old Account
    I just thought about how it would look to lose to a old god and I must say I hope my character's good and dead because I don't want to know what the hentai god is going to do to my character's corpse. *shivers*

10+ Year Old Account

The idea is good, but maybe not for a raid, maybe more for a scenario.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account

Unhappy

That sounds good. I believe that if it were like this, then it'd only be a "plus", but following their theory about "only 5% of subscribers will see this" and modifying it to "time spent on fact that subscribers will somehow (if not immediately , then they'll take as a norm) skip in the end", all this will result in "it's not worth it".

But as a role player, I'd no doubt write it down as a plus. Small few-seconds cutscenes for dungeon bosses and longer cutscenes for raid bosses (perhaps even with boss mocking vanquished or manipulating their corpses ; for raid bosses - with following consequences for rest of the world; of course with possibility of skipping)... but here we go again to thirst for "movement" in design of modern dungeons, which (as you already know) disgusts me incredibly.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2022-01-13 at 08:39 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__