214. This poll is closed
  • Yes

114 53.27%
  • No

100 46.73%
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I would like people who openly threaten other players to be banned, which is already in accordance with the rules.

You would like people to make rape and death threats against other players because somehow that behavior makes the community more to your liking, which once again says a lot about your character.
    I would simply rather be free then live by the edicts of someone else when I am capable of doing so. I don't really believe you can satisfy whiners who insist on being someplace that makes them unhappy there is always something more they want. Everyone is happier if you just grab'em by the belt and tossem into the street like the local drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sucralose View Post
    I would simply rather be free then live by the edicts of someone else when I am capable of doing so. I don't really believe you can satisfy whiners who insist on being someplace that makes them unhappy there is always something more they want. Everyone is happier if you just grab'em by the belt and tossem into the street like the local drunk.
    That's a toddler's idea of freedom.

"If we can't threaten to rape women, what's next?!?!?!"

What's next is being a civilized, normal human being just like we expect everyone to act every day.

This is a video game about talking cow ladies that is rated for 12 year olds. You apparently find it not only acceptable but commendable and necessary that a place for 12 year olds include rape threats and online stalking. It's really sick and perverted.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    If it's criminal stuff like threats, call the cops! Much more of an impact than a ban.
    Yeah dude, I don't think we should be encouraging SWATing 12-year-olds because they said something edgy in a +13.

That's a toddler's idea of freedom.

"If we can't threaten to rape women, what's next?!?!?!"

What's next is being a civilized, normal human being just like we expect everyone to act every day.

This is a video game about talking cow ladies that is rated for 12 year olds. You apparently find it not only acceptable but commendable and necessary that a place for 12 year olds include rape threats and online stalking. It's really sick and perverted.
    It stems back to my first point. The fad of putting foam on all the corners of society to try and make it safe for everyone has faded. If you join an existing community you join an existing community you don't stamp your feet and throw a tantrum because they don't conform to your sensibilities. There are places that do.

It stems back to my first point. The fad of putting foam on all the corners of society to try and make it safe for everyone has faded. If you join an existing community you join an existing community you don't stamp your feet and throw a tantrum because they don't conform to your sensibilities. There are places that do.
    It's not putting "foam on all corners" to say that threatening to rape a 12 year old should be unacceptable.
    -ynnady

It's not putting "foam on all corners" to say that threatening to rape a 12 year old should be unacceptable.
    Do you think what your asking for becomes more reasonable with the more extreme examples you express?

Reminds me of a quote "Send this one to venture elsewhere, we have need of sterner stock"

Do you think what your asking for becomes more reasonable with the more extreme examples you express?

Reminds me of a quote "Send this one to venture elsewhere, we have need of sterner stock"
    It is literally a cartoon game rated for 12 year olds.

You are literally defending rape threats and online stalking as specific behaviors that should not result in bans.

So spare me.

- - - Updated - - -

Not having the courage or character to make the fairly mundane assessment that threatening to rape children should not be allowed does not make you look as strong as you seem to think it does.
    -ynnady

You are literally defending rape threats and online stalking as specific behaviors that should not result in bans.

So spare me.

- - - Updated - - -

Not having the courage or character to make the fairly mundane assessment that threatening to rape children should not be allowed does not make you look as strong as you seem to think it does.
    Well I have two choices you are presenting me with when you boil it down. Deal with edgy mildly annoying people online or accepting the reign of a moral fascist who demands I bend to his will or will financial harm me...

Yet you wonder why people want you tossed out and not the edgy boy.

Well I have two choices you are presenting me with when you boil it down. Deal with edgy mildly annoying people online or accepting the reign of a moral fascist who demands I bend to his will or will financial harm me...

Yet you wonder why people want you tossed out and not the edgy boy.
    It's not edgy or mildly annoying to violently threaten children. It's criminal and against the TOS.

But apparently you lack the self restraint to refrain from that, so you view it as a threat to you if it were to be disallowed.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Toxicity is the new sexism in games. Yeah it might crop up from time to time, but any normally adjusted human should be able to shrug it off since WoW has already given you the moderation tools you need to ignore it, and because asking an authority for sweeping measures to crack down on a complete nothing-burger like this has never gone wrong in the history of mankind.

Just grow some thicker skin ffs, not everything is about you.

So spare me.

- - - Updated - - -

If those threats were real and serious then yeah, but if you're gonna take everything complete strangers with no idea who you are or where you live write online seriously, I don't envy the scary, scary world you must live in.

Teach kids not to dox themselves online and move on.
    Last edited by Krawu; 2022-01-24 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    Toxicity is the new sexism in games. Yeah it might crop up from time to time, but any normally adjusted human should be able to shrug it off since WoW has already given you the moderation tools you need to ignore it, and because asking an authority for sweeping measures to crack down on a complete nothing-burger like this has never gone wrong in the history of mankind.

Just grow some thicker skin ffs, not everything is about you.
    Or we could just... ban toxic people like we do almost everywhere else in the world.
    -ynnady

It's not edgy or mildly annoying to violently threaten children. It's criminal and against the TOS.

But apparently you lack the self restraint to refrain from that, so you view it as a threat to you if it were to be disallowed.
    It is mildly edgy on the internet. You are either to young or to old to realize otherwise... there is this weird middle group that can't seem to understand that. I have seen what happens when tiny tyrants are given power and it always leads to a clusterfuck. At some point you just have to get thicker skin or find a place that caters to you instead of bemoaning and demanding others to change.

- - - Updated - - -

Or we could just... ban toxic people like we do almost everywhere else in the world.
    Most places in the world are concerned with starving or being executed for questioning the great leader. Someone being mean online doesn't really register

It is mildly edgy on the internet. You are either to young or to old to realize otherwise... there is this weird middle group that can't seem to understand that. I have seen what happens when tiny tyrants are given power and it always leads to a clusterfuck. At some point you just have to get thicker skin or find a place that caters to you instead of bemoaning and demanding others to change.
    It's a fuckin video game. You aren't defending free discourse and democracy. This is absolutely no different than saying that you should have the right to walk around and threaten to rape children at Six Flags.

Most places in the world are concerned with starving or being executed for questioning the great leader. Someone being mean online doesn't really register
    And your concern is the right to threaten to rape children in a cartoon video game. What a freedom fighter!
    -ynnady

It's a fuckin video game. You aren't defending free discourse and democracy. This is absolutely no different than saying that you should have the right to walk around and threaten to rape children at Six Flags.

And your concern is the right to threaten to rape children in a cartoon video game. What a freedom fighter!
    Again you want to come in and change something to suit your own sensibilities I don't believe this is how nearly anything should work and yes there are examples where it should in rare cases before you go off on that. I would rather edgy people then moral fascists I am sorry you are not free to be a prurition everywhere just yet.

Again you want to come in and change something to suit your own sensibilities I don't believe this is how nearly anything should work and yes there are examples where it should in rare cases before you go off on that. I would rather edgy people then moral fascists I am sorry you are not free to be a prurition everywhere just yet.
    No, I just want children to be protected from perverts, and you are more concerned with the rights of perverts.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account

That's just one facet of it. I'm obviously not in support of the real thing, but everything else is funny to me. I think it's a non issue because the people issuing these "threats" (I'd call it idiot banter) have probably forgotten about even making it 2 minutes later.
    You're the one who chooses to treat this like a serious threat when it really isn't. You ever play GTA V and see Jimmy play his dumb FPS game? That's the level of threat we're talking about - some wimpy 15-year old talking smack.

You remember the old Navy Seal Copypasta from 4Chan? It basically highlights the level of idiocy you want to be treated as a legitimate threat. It's ridiculous.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/navy-seal-copypasta

No, I just want children to be protected from perverts, and you are more concerned with the rights of perverts.
    More about how this old song and dance goes and it is anciently old. You pick out the most extreme examples knowing full well or ought to know full well that it will branch out far,far beyond that. It has happened over and over again. When confronted with two evils you are simply annoyed people are more inclined to chose the lesser over yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    That's just one facet of it. I'm obviously not in support of the real thing, but everything else is funny to me. I think it's a non issue because the people issuing these "threats" (I'd call it idiot banter) have probably forgotten about even making it 2 minutes later.
    You're the one who chooses to treat this like a serious threat when it really isn't. You ever play GTA V and see Jimmy play his dumb FPS game? That's the level of threat we're talking about - some wimpy 15-year old talking smack.

You remember the old Navy Seal Copypasta from 4Chan? It basically highlights the level of idiocy you want to be treated as a legitimate threat. It's ridiculous.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/navy-seal-copypasta
    As I explained earlier, the person who threatened by wife ended up finding her on social media and sending her pictures of dead animals alongside the address of our daughters' school. That is the behavior being addressed here. That is what he is defending, specifically.

- - - Updated - - -

More about how this old song and dance goes and it is anciently old. You pick out the most extreme examples knowing full well or ought to know full well that it will branch out far,far beyond that. It has happened over and over again. When confronted with two evils you are simply annoyed people are more inclined to chose the lesser over yours.
    What horrible consequences have taken place because they kick you out of six flags for violently threatening children? Can you actually explain the horrible, unintended side effects that have happened in the last couple of decades that that has been the policy there?
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    There is much Blizzard needs to take up from the bucket and re-examine for future handling.

Tougher handling on toxicity.
    Stricter handling on botting.
    Extreme handling on reoccurring rulebreakers.

They have been too strict on the minor things, and lax on the severe areas.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    As I explained earlier, the person who threatened by wife ended up finding her on social media and sending her pictures of dead animals alongside the address of our daughters' school. That is the behavior being addressed here. That is what he is defending, specifically.
    What happened to you and your family is terrible. I hope that person gets caught and locked in prison for a long time. That kind of toxicity we can all agree is beyond the limit. I can't speak for the person you have been replying to but I am curious what you think of this situation: two people in the game encounter each other; one brings up a hot political or social issue and declares his/her opinion on it; the other person declares a counter-opinion on it; the two engage in argument for a while; the argument ends with the first person reporting the second person for "toxicity" and classifies that person with numerous adjectives ending in -ist. Neither person threatened the other in the argument, though they both made ad hominem attacks. The second person is banned for two weeks by a GM and the reason given is "toxicity". Is this an example of actual toxicity? If so, is the punishment correct? Curious what your thoughts are.