Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Michigan school gunman to be tried as adult

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ethan-cru...192313536.html

Authorities have identified the suspect as 15-year-old sophomore Ethan Crumbley. His parents had been brought into the school the morning of the shooting for a face-to-face meeting about their son’s behavior, according to Bouchard. He wouldn’t say what the behavior was, and police weren’t informed about any potential issues prior to the tragic event.

Oakland County prosecutor Karen McDonald said that Crumbley, who was arraigned late Wednesday afternoon via video with his parents on the line, has been charged as an adult with one count of terrorism, four counts of first-degree murder, seven counts of assault with intent to murder, and 12 counts of possession of a firearm. More charges may be added later, she said.
    McDonald said in a Wednesday press conference that evidence showed Crumbley started planning the attack “well before the incident.”

“This isn’t even a close call,” she said. “This was absolutely premeditated.”

She said her office is weighing charging both of Crumbley’s parents, too. They have declined to speak with investigators. “There is a mountain of digital evidence... we are confident that we can show there was premeditation,” she said.

Bouchard said footage showed Crumbley walking out of a bathroom on Tuesday afternoon before opening fire on victims randomly and at close range.

“Witnesses said he was tugging on doors,” he said. “We know from visible evidence he shot through doors.”
    Here is a crazy video where students used their taught training not to open the door when they were asked by the gunman:
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...scape-rcna7201

The craziest part is that they have said there was premeditation, but the gun was only purchased 4 days beforehand

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ms/8810588002/

Looks like he was bullied and with the dogshit mental health care in the country with our plethora of weapons and it just spells out disaster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Sooooo, where did he get the gun? If from home, why wasn’t the weapon and ammo locked up?

I personally think parents need to start being held accountable if they don’t secure their guns when children live in the home.
    His parents.
    Last edited by Deus Mortis; 2021-12-01 at 10:51 PM.

Jeez… and I doubt they’ll face any punishment.
    according to the article they are looking at charges for his parents.

Jeez… and I doubt they’ll face any punishment.
    I hope the parents do get charged, they absolutely failed in multiple aspects of the kids life, the kid had a fucking journal talking about killing people. I am very pro 2nd Amendment, but I feel like gun crimes are not charged strong enough, and are too often dropped. They are very serious tools and too many people just do not respect that and treat them like toys.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If he was bullied, they like to call this sort of thing self defense in Wisconsin. We'll see about Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ms/8810588002/

Looks like he was bullied and with the dogshit mental health care in the country with our plethora of weapons and it just spells out disaster.

- - - Updated - - -

His parents.
    Good grief. Yeah, lay the fucking hammer on the parents too if that’s true.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-12-02 at 04:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    The craziest part is that they have said there was premeditation, but the gun was only purchased 4 days beforehand
    "Premeditation" doesn't mean you planned something out for days with red yarn on a murder board or something.

It means you took literally any action to bring about the circumstances in which you committed that murder.

If a neighbour calls you a "motherfucker" from his driveway, and you go inside and get your gun and come out and shoot him, going inside to get the weapon is what demonstrates "premeditation". That's it. That's all it takes.

It isn't about some grand long-term plot. In this case, bringing the gun to school would qualify as "premeditation".

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sooooo, where did he get the gun? If from home, why wasn’t the weapon and ammo locked up?

I personally think parents need to start being held accountable if they don’t secure their guns when children live in the home.
    Fire arm accountability is out the window in the United States. We can't even pass reasonable registration legislation.

Here is a crazy video where students used their taught training not to open the door when they were asked by the gunman:
    Good on them; perhaps we should spend some time wondering why exactly students are having to learn what to do in the event of an active shooter?!
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/ethan-cru...192313536.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...scape-rcna7201

Premeditation doesn't have to be any real length of time. The privot point is whether there was any planning at all. As an example, even two hours is enough for premeditation. Buying/getting a gun four days before the crime is absolutely premeditation.

America, where Supreme Court is going to ban Abortion while allowing Irresponsible Gun Nut Morons screaming Pro Life.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    America, where Supreme Court is going to ban Abortion while allowing Irresponsible Gun Nut Morons screaming Pro Life.
    Don't you know that Life Ends at Birth?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

What's so crazy about that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Premeditation doesn't have to be any real length of time. The privot point is whether there was any planning at all. As an example, even two hours is enough for premeditation. Buying/getting a gun four days before the crime is absolutely premeditation.
    Honestly, 20 seconds is enough time for premeditation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Good on them; perhaps we should spend some time wondering why exactly students are having to learn what to do in the event of an active shooter?!
    Its not a new thing. Its standard. Even when I was in school in the 90s, we were taught basic intruder drills. Now people are just trying to frame it as "active shooter" and say its new.

OT: Being tried as an adult seems about right given the extent of what he did. He was just going around shooting. That is just horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

The thing that concerns me about charging children as adults is if they really do have the ability to assist in their own defense.

We have predictably reached gun control halfway into the first page and I'll have to ask y'all to continue that aspect in the appropriate thread.

10+ Year Old Account

I agree. but i'd likely go further myself lol.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's clearly not an adult, he is a child, I seen his YouTube, this is a child, I think he needs help, I think his parents deserve criminal and civil liability.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

So how does one get charged with 12 counts of firearm possession when you have one gun? Is it coincidence that the number of possession charges(12) is equal to 4 homicides, 7 woundings and count of terrorism?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    So how does one get charged with 12 counts of firearm possession when you have one gun? Is it coincidence that the number of possession charges(12) is equal to 4 homicides, 7 woundings and count of terrorism?
    The charge isn't just "possession of a firearm", it's "possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony". There were 12 felonies committed, so there's one firearm charge added to each.

Obviously, if he were found not guilty of some of the felony charges, the attendant firearm charge would likewise be voided.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils