Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    IS

NOT

WORTH

THE

TIME

Holy dam, cant you just be normal and scream at a saleswoman in a supermarket if you need to let out some steam?
    I would suggest to reevaluate how you view other people on the internet. Nobody is angry here, or at least it's not me.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    It's not for feedback. I found a problem in one of their automated systems and I want an actual human to look into it.

If that literally would not help: it was one explanation: their representatives nowadays are clueless at doing more.
    Bug report it... that's all you can do. Bug reports will result in those handling bugs will look into. Bug reports aren't handling by systems or automation...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no current system to do it at all though. There are special cases that open tickets like "appeal a ban", and there's the 'submit a bug' box which ends with "you won't get a response!".
    There is a current system but not to do what you want any more, as your request is how the old system worked. Now you select your field and topic, and you get contacted if there is a need for it, or it'll be handled on the back with an automated answer to the front. As for bug reports, you tend to sometimes get replies depending on the problem the bug gives, and if you are implemented in said problem.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    If there was the possibility to "generally speak about something" their support would be flooded with nonsense and ultimately paralysed.
    It was possible for multiple years and expansions. This appears to be a development of the past ~4 years or so.

And it wasn't even that terrible; you did get a response within ~3 days usually; not always helpful of course.

[...]What do you mean with that exactly?[...]
    i mean, if it's an issue in their systems that you can actually exploit/use in your favor instead of something just not working/responding.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    you get contacted if there is a need for it
    This is a nice point to wrap up the thread I think. Yes what you said perfectly represents the nature of what they're doing.

It is good food for thought because someone will call it "efficient" and another will call it "destructively cynical".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    If there was the possibility to "generally speak about something" their support would be flooded with nonsense and ultimately paralysed.
    Oh lord, yeah, I can imagine that. Already recall it being horrible in the support helpdesk..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    If you mean they made it impossible to talk to them easily yes. For example: one of their automated systems has objectively a problem and you want to talk to them about it and you can't.

If their solution is actually helpful to them (and they do not shoot themselves in the foot) it has only one explanation: their support people are clueless at helping further.
    do you have a problem? or are you just complaining, cause the guy is asking what your issue is and you are ignoring it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

There is no current system to do it at all though. There are special cases that open tickets like "appeal a ban", and there's the 'submit a bug' box which ends with "you won't get a response!".
    But why is the dialogue part so important? You said you want a humain being to look into your issue. Not getting a response doesn't mean it won't happen. It will be delt by a human being at some point, and you will be contacted only if it's in any way necessary to resolve the issue. That's the effective way of doing it.

Given OP's long history of being aggressive and patronising, Blizz probably saw who the ticket was from and accidentally dropped it behind the back of the sofa. I sure as hell would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    do you have a problem? or are you just complaining, cause the guy is asking what your issue is and you are ignoring it.
    I think the OPs issue is that there is a guide to select his field where the issue is, and the problem within, instead of a direct mail of a customized text and title to a pool of GMs to wait to take like it used to be. Like the old days of support.

It is good food for thought because someone will call it "efficient" and another will call it "destructively cynical".
    I mean, WoW support is not a counselor's couch. It's not there to have a chat, it's there to resolve issues. If direct contact is not required for that, what's the point of having it, other than wasting time and resources?

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    If direct contact is not required for that
    That assumption is the problem. Not every player has the same old problem they've solved 1000 times.

Something special will arise and "use our automated system!" is not the end-all of everything.

That assumption is the problem. Not every player has the same old problem they've solved 1000 times.
    Something special will arise and "use our automated system!" is not the end-all of everything.
    More often than not, it IS a problem they have solved 1000 times - that's why automated system is so much more efficient. But it doesn't mean there are no human beings on the other side and that they won't contact you if it's necessary. More often than not, it's simply not necessary, and therefore inefficient.
    I'd understand if you tried the official route and came up with nothing, but is it the case? Are you 100% sure direct contact is needed to resolve the issues you have?

I mean, WoW support is not a counselor's couch. It's not there to have a chat, it's there to resolve issues. If direct contact is not required for that, what's the point of having it, other than wasting time and resources?
    I kind of get where OP is coming from, because WoW support used to be a "counselor's couch", in a way, as long as it was related to the game. I distinctly remember towards the tail end of WotLK when I was growing frustrated with the game for a number of reasons, I had the notion to send in a ticket that merely said "hey, I'm not enjoying myself a lot these days, should I quit?" and a GM showed up about 30 minutes later and just talked to me about the game for another 25-30 minutes.

Obviously that's not how the game works now and hasn't worked for many years. Whether due to optimizing the support pipeline or optimizing game master salaries, things have changed, and I don't think it's entirely for the better. Even if you can't make frivolous tickets (like mine in my example) anymore, have ticket response times really improved since the days when you could? I'm genuinely curious, I don't know either way. I suspect the improvements aren't player facing, but rather have to do with how many GMs Blizzard has to employ and pay salaries to.

More often than not, it IS a problem they have solved 1000 times - that's why automated system is so much more efficient. But it doesn't mean there are no human beings on the other side and that they won't contact you if it's necessary. More often than not, it's simply not necessary, and therefore inefficient.
    I'd understand if you tried the official route and came up with nothing, but is it the case? Are you 100% sure direct contact is needed to resolve the issues you have?
    There are a few fallacies here but this topic will probably not convince people because those are common sense things (that border on politics) they should already understand.

First of all: being efficient for the majority is not proof that the minority should be butchered because the minority might be too important to ignore.

Also: "are you sure the bot can't help?" avoids the crucial problem that even if the bot could help (or be the max help): a human could confirm it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Even if you can't make frivolous tickets (like mine in my example) anymore, have ticket response times really improved since the days when you could? I'm genuinely curious, I don't know either way. I suspect the improvements aren't player facing, but rather have to do with how many GMs Blizzard has to employ and pay salaries to.
    No idea to be honest - mostly because I rarely have issues that require contact with WoW support nowadays (and I had many more in the past). From recent memory, a guildie had some problems with the Loremaster achievement while doing old world content (either TBC or vanilla, can't remember) and it was resolved within about an hour (had something to do with quest item missing, it was awaiting for him in the mailbox).

There are a few fallacies here but this topic will probably not convince people because those are common sense things (that border on politics) they should already understand.

First of all: being efficient for the majority is not proof that the minority should be butchered because the minority might be too important to ignore.

Also: "are you sure the bot can't help?" avoids the crucial problem that even if the bot could help (or be the max help): a human could confirm it.
    You cant even tell us what your problem is, so we both know its something simple or you know you are wrong about it

I'll ask again: did you try the current official route and did it fail you?

Worst part is even if you manage to navigate the Support section and talk to a GM, they will literally tell you to check wowhead. I think nearly all my tickets in the past have ended in "we cant tell you, check wowhead".