Question Dragon humanoid forms limited to Azerothian races?

More and more the dragonflights of Azeroth are being tied to the lifeblood of the planet itself. Would it make sense that the humanoid forms dragons can take are limited to races that are native to Azeroth?

The only forms I am aware of ever being used are elves, humans, tauren and gnomes. But I could see trolls, dwarves, pandaren and goblins being possible as well.

If true, this theory would mean orcs and draenei would not be forms dragons would change into. Even undead and worgen would be off limits.

Do you like this, or do you believe that dragons can change to whatever they want?

There has already been orc forms. There's a Red Dragon that infiltrates Blackrock as a member of the Dark Horde and an orc. Kairoz turned into an orc when he took Garrosh to AU Draenor.

Also Krassus transformed into an orc to give Thrall Broxingar's axe after he returned to the present and told him he was dead.

As for other races, I know there's a Nether dragon that turns into a goblin, and Rhea the red dragon that purified Wrathion's egg took a goblin form.
    Last edited by Ximothy; 2022-01-17 at 04:04 PM.

There doesn't really seem to be a limit. They may have a favorite shape, sure. But with the proper spell you can change your race to anything. We see dragons in the caverns of time even change into wisps and crocolisks to go unseen in their environment to infiltrate.

So, no. Dragons may have an inborn affinity for the magic required to transform. But at the heart of it, it is just high level transformation magic. The spell needs familiarity and understanding on whatever race being transformed into, but beyond that there appear to be few limits. The exception is probably things that use other essences to function. Like, I doubt you could transform into a Naaru, which contains Light essence. Or elemental or fel creatures, etc. You could probably argue against things like mecha-gnome too.

But otherwise, from what we've seen, any animal or race is probably viable. Probably even trees.

Now i've always wondered why they transform into skimpy outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Now i've always wondered why they transform into skimpy outfits.
    Why take on a new form just to cover it up?

It also reflects that dragon's dont exactly cover up in their natural forms either. Clothes to them are just a decoration and probably to smooth their interraction with other races.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Why take on a new form just to cover it up?

It also reflects that dragon's dont exactly cover up in their natural forms either. Clothes to them are just a decoration and probably to smooth their interraction with other races.
    Yeah Alexstraza's giant bongah bongahs and metal thong covering her bhutan cheeks really helps smoothen out interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by ElitePeon View Post
    There has already been orc forms. There's a Red Dragon that infiltrates Blackrock as a member of the Dark Horde and an orc. Kairoz turned into an orc when he took Garrosh to AU Draenor.

Also Krassus transformed into an orc to give Thrall Broxingar's axe after he returned to the present and told him he was dead.

As for other races, I know there's a Nether dragon that turns into a goblin, and Rhea the red dragon that purified Wrathion's egg took a goblin form.
    I believe there's also Time Custodians who turn into Draenei in the CoT