Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    WoW's about to get worse, isn't it
    Yes. It's about to get way worse. Prepare for more microtransactions and endless game loop systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Serious question, how will this effect WoW short-term, and long-term?

Will the next expansion be delayed by this? Will a radical redo of the game's systems and gameplay finally be overhauled and made good again?
    Nothing is going to change with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jackoff View Post
    68B is pretty much money for a sinking boat, i think microsoft has some big plans.
    Most likely bought for Blizzard-like NFTs

For example... Thrall Holding Jaina's hand going for $100,000,000. Spend another 50 mil and you can change the clothes they wear

I would say that is great news. Microsoft is known for quality in it's games. I remember them from their Age of Empires series and the remakes they made of those games. It's a company that gives quality in it's games and I am sure the game will change for the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    its over guys its all over

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Serious question, how will this effect WoW short-term, and long-term?

Will the next expansion be delayed by this? Will a radical redo of the game's systems and gameplay finally be overhauled and made good again?
    This is one of those how long is a piece of string type questions. If I had to guess in the short term not much will change but after that I've no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Short term -- no changes.

Long term -- who knows? I'd say mostly no huge diversions because WoW is the only thing Blizzard does right and I doubt Microshaft wants to fuck that up.
    lol... "WoW is the only thing Blizzard does right".

Nail. Coffin. Dead.

Unexpected to say the least, I feel like this can go in any direction now.

Whatever happens I hope it'll be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Right. LOL. Shittylands is the worst expansion, and all the "systems" and "multiple currencies" and "time-gating" killed the game. 10.0 better be a massive redo, or WoW is finally seriously going to die off.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    WoW will not get an expansion past 10.0

It's been a ride boys
    Why would they buy the company for 70 billion dollars just to kill its most lucrative property?

i dono if this is a good thing or not just look at what microsoft did to the banjo kazooie series when they got a hold of it nuts and bolts was a disaster

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    I would say that is great news. Microsoft is known for quality in it's games. I remember them from their Age of Empires series and the remakes they made of those games. It's a company that gives quality in it's games and I am sure the game will change for the better.
    Microsoft has been on a bender of picking up old IPs and breathing new life into them lately. If there's one company I'd be happy about being the "owners" of blizzard IPs, it's Microsoft -- in this current moment in time.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Financially, yes. And since this is a 100% financially motivated decision, it's almost certain that Microsoft will not being interfering much with a formula which obviously works.

I was actually expecting Sony to partner with them sometime soon for their version of game pass.

This was really unexpected.

Seems like good news, although maybe MS is getting a little too powerful in the industry now.

They got Bethesda, EA with EA play, Ubisoft+ on Xbox recently, and now Activision on Xbox. Stacked.

Sony has what? 3 exclusives a year to compete with them?

But, I’ll gladly take more stuff on Game Pass.

And maybe this means Day 1 D4, OW2, and no more WoW sub on Game Pass.

On the bad side, it sucks Bobby is still CEO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Why would they buy the company for 70 billion dollars just to kill its most lucrative property?
    Don't bother, this is the kind of things you hear on MMO-Champ lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Not sure how credible. But very nice if true.

Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick to Leave After Deal With Microsoft Closes, Sources Say -- WSJ
    $ATVI

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1483493967912214532

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    WoW will not get an expansion past 10.0

It's been a ride boys
    I feel like that was more likely -before- this purchase.

Activision would have gotten rid of the now tainted Blizzard name. The IPs would have been absorbed and possibly abandoned.

Now it's possible Microsoft cleans the company, moves some developers around, but keeps the game going. They may also just ditch the MMO and give Obsidian the Warcraft IP to do some RPG, which wouldn't be the worst thing ever either.

Microsoft has been putting out some good games recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Not sure how credible. But very nice if true.

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1483493967912214532
    I been hearing some back and forth, some sources have said he still will serve another 2 years. Some have said he isn't leaving and another has said he is staying for as long as he is needed...

Either way he gets a huge buyout.

So confused lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance