Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Like they spend it on WoW.. they bought the whole fucking parent company overseeing 3 seperate companies, one of which makes retarded amounts of cash on the mobile market, while another dominates the shooter space every year. WoW is just a tiny fraction of the whole portfolio and I wouldn't be surprised of they weren't particularily attached to it and would rather see the resources located to other projects that utlize the franchise more effectively.
    Firstly I don't think you understood the sarcasm of my post. Secondly you're way off if you think wow is a tiny portion of their portfolio. CoD brings in about 3 billion a year total. WoW made 1.92 billion off micro transactions alone. Another billion just for subs. So that ties CoD without ever factoring in all the copies bought for shadowlands, which was the highest selling expac they've had. So no, it will not go into maintenance mode anytime soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    You are incredibly misinformed, I have to say. WoW is in the top ten, but only barely just. https://www.titlemax.com/discovery-c...me-franchises/ Pokemon is the top dog, and has been for a long time.
    While you are correct in your statement about WoW, the list you linked is inaccurate. Tetris isn't even on it, and it has sold the most copies of any game. Not the highest grossing, but it's definitely up there. It should be tied with Halo. So if that's not on the list, I'm sure there are others being left out.

WoW into maintenance mode, wont happen.

Yes, ms bought blizzard to put wow in maintenance mode.

*STONKS*

10.0 must be pretty far along into development, so there will be a 10.0 release. After that, the future of WoW is up in the air, and that's before Microsoft even entered the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    odd cause the merger was in 2008, but i seem to remember the TCG being a thing since 2006.
    I seem to recall it happening around the same time but I doubt the two event were in anyway related... I honestly don't think activision had much effect on blizzard myself though.

The first series of cards had the tabards and turtle mount I thought... and that puts it roughly in early tbc... at least if my memory isnt playing tricks on me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    WoW made 1.92 billion off micro transactions alone. Another billion just for subs.
    Where did you get these numbers? Pass some of that stuff you're smoking. It must be some strong stuff if it made you believe the 1.92 Bill revenue a year generated by Blizzard as a whole was actually all made just from wow microtransactions.
    Another billion just for subs? How many subs do you believe wow has ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Where did you get these numbers? Pass some of that stuff you're smoking. It must be some strong stuff if it made you believe the 1.92 Bill revenue a year generated by Blizzard as a whole was actually all made just from wow microtransactions.
    While the claim is absurdly deranged (WoW income surpasses Blizzard? How?) WoW probably brings 900 million ~ 1 billion every year, which is still a lot.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    yup, im retarded and higher than astronaut pussy. Was looking at activision blizzards total numbers instead of just wow. And i think that was just the Q3 numbers so im extra dumb.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sucralose View Post
    I seem to recall it happening around the same time but I doubt the two event were in anyway related... I honestly don't think activision had much effect on blizzard myself though.

The first series of cards had the tabards and turtle mount I thought... and that puts it roughly in early tbc... at least if my memory isnt playing tricks on me.
    they actually released before tbc came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    What kind of kool-aid are you sipping on, and can I have some?
    Check out Ybarra's latest statement, right now on top of the MMO-Champion front page. Let me translate it for you.

I’ve been leading Blizzard for a couple of months now

"I was sent by Global, Inc., to supervise this transition."

I want to share some initial thoughts as we strive to put our team and players at the forefront of everything we do.

"This whole thing is about our social engineering. Games are just one of the ways we deliver it."

As individuals, we care about treating everyone around us with respect and dignity.

"Global, Inc., wants to encourage as many people as possible to act and feel like helpless children. When people get their fee-fees hurt, we want them to run to mommy. We offer to play the role of mommy, so people might accept a child-parent relationship with us, and revert to the mental state of 5 year olds. Our logos use large letters and bright colors to put people into a preschool mindset. People who accept this suggestion empower us, and grant us access and control over their lives. We are then able to abuse this trust in any way we like. For example, we can force mass compliance and acceptance of genetic therapies to achieve any effects we want."

Our top priority—now and into the future—is the work we are doing to rebuild your trust in Blizzard.

"We created some fake scandals to make you question Blizzard. Now we're going to use that as an excuse to fundamentally change the company in ways that you would not normally want."

We’re measuring our executive and management teams directly against culture improvement.

"Anyone who refuses to go along with our social engineering is fired. We fired some already before even announcing the acquisition."

a Culture leader who will help us maintain the best aspects of what we have today, and change and evolve where needed to ensure everyone brings their best self to Blizzard

"We will appoint political commissars to make sure everyone toes the line."

a new organizational leader for Human Resources who will build trust, empower our teams, and help foster a safe, positive work environment for everyone

"People who don't toe the line will hear from the internal Gestapo."

a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) leader solely focused on our progress across multiple efforts in this area

"Our priority is to cleanse games and development of everything that is straight and white. This is to support the same thing we're doing with society."

We are committed to staffing these teams as a priority.

"Forget about games. This is about politics now."

We tripled the size of our compliance and investigation teams and have articulated clear accountability for unacceptable behavior.

"Our Schutzschtaffel are already marching."

We have shared representation data internally with our teams and have set goals around improvement across these metrics.

"We have already put targets on people's backs. All white, straight people should consider themselves on notice."

We’ve put in place an upward feedback program so that employees have confidence in evaluating management

"We've put in place a snitch program so that any subgroup in the company that tries to retain functional values will be identified and borgified."

Under this leadership, WoW becomes a zombie game created by political commissars and apparatchiks.

The only way WoW survives this is if the globalists are defeated globally. Otherwise, this game is gone, along with the rest of this world.

This must be reversed. Google must be destroyed. Microsoft must be broken up into a thousand pieces.

Everything that was consolidated for control, must be broken apart again for individuality.
    Last edited by Elodeon; 2022-01-21 at 12:51 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    We have it. It's been scientifically proven.

What hasn't been proven is the guy I was quoting statement. In fact it's something neither he nor I have any evidence about, so even bringing it up as an argument is fallacious.
    The statement that WoW has been and is bleeding subs?

You have to just not be paying attention or deliberately not listening to literally any news to think people haven't unsubbed en masse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elodeon View Post
    Control of every valuable thing in society is being concentrated in the hands of a few, and the reasons do not boil down to money.

The people behind these consolidations already have all the money. They print arbitrary amounts. You can see the effects clearly through inflation.

What these consolidations are about, is total surveillance of every individual in all aspects of life, and total control of messaging.

It's now obvious why the "woke scandal" afflicted Blizzard recently. This was a pretext to get rid of people who might have been an obstacle.
    I've seen some feasible conspiracy theories about this whole thing, but this is just full on unironic illuminati shit.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread isn't about identity or race politics - let's return to the actual topic of the thread, the state of WoW following 9.2 in light of the recent Microsoft announcement, and drop the derailing political discussion.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I wouldn’t be surprised if MS just outright got rid of the subscription and put WoW on PC Game Pass.

They’ll probably beef up the store a bit more, but if it gets rid of the sub, I’m fine with it.

PC game pass currently is quite a bit weaker than the console version and could really use some beefing up to attract more people. WoW and other Blizzard games seem like a good hook.

They seem far more interested in getting people into the MS ecosystem “currently” than they are with sales, which is why this is very plausible.

Removing the sub and box sale by having game pass would bring in a lot of people to WoW that are deterred by the games pay model, while also getting WoW players to join game pass.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2022-01-21 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    The statement that WoW has been and is bleeding subs?

You have to just not be paying attention or deliberately not listening to literally any news to think people haven't unsubbed en masse.
    People have been doing sky is falling WoW is dying end of the world nonsense since vanilla. That's not evidence. Waving your hands around and saying *look around you and you'll see* is not evidence. He made the statement that the game is losing subs, the bueden of proof is on him to prove it, and he literally can't. None of us have sub numbers. Arguing something that none of the people participating in the argument can prove one way or another is nothing more than fallacious.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Absolutely not. I doubt even a shred of Microsoft influence will be seen until at LEAST 11.0.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if MS just outright got rid of the subscription and put WoW on PC Game Pass.

They’ll probably beef up the store a bit more, but if it gets rid of the sub, I’m fine with it.

PC game pass currently is quite a bit weaker than the console version and could really use some beefing up to attract more people. WoW and other Blizzard games seem like a good hook.

They seem far more interested in getting people into the MS ecosystem “currently” than they are with sales, which is why this is very plausible.

Removing the sub and box sale by having game pass would bring in a lot of people to WoW that are deterred by the games pay model, while also getting WoW players to join game pass.
    The best thing I did in a long time was buy a series s (yes, series s, not x) for the beach house and pay for gamepass. It's amazing really. It's not "cheap" until you find a few games you love, then suddenly it's a really, really good deal. Forza, Skyrim, a bunch of amazing RPGs, Halo, indie games, its a fucking good deal IF you play a lot of games. If wow was moved to gamepass, it would be worth it for any PC gamer who plays wow, without a doubt.

Long story short, I agree it would be good, and although I don't consider it impossible, I'm not convinced it will happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Etumax royal honey VIP

We have a ready stock of Etumax royal honey VIP for him available in Trukey. You can contact us for order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes sure they did spend almost 70 bilions and goin to maintenance best $ mine.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    As much as hearing 'Starcraft' and you've never played it. It's just another game to their ears as many others; and the non-gaming reporters were obvious what they thought was the most important; Call of Duty and Candy Crash.

Candy Crash.
    I specifically mentioned Warcraft not starcraft. Warcraft has been a top game in the industry for decades. I guarantee it was a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    I specifically mentioned Warcraft not starcraft. Warcraft has been a top game in the industry for decades. I guarantee it was a factor.
    WoW hasn't been a top game on anyone's mind since 2016. Actually in most gaming circles it's regarded as a dinosaur.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think the game is already by and large in maintenance mode given the speed at which new stuff is coming out. They rely heavily on M+, achievements and seasonal calendar-events to keep the game "fresh" with minimal effort on their part at the moment.
    No clue what the new owner will do with all their newly acquired IPs, it'll be interesting to see what the future brings and how many players will continue to be a part of it...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.