Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Would you be too disappointed if Shadowlands is way more popular than classic?
    You're stirring the wrong troll pot, friend. I don't play classic myself, but that doesn't mean I discount it. People like it, that's cool, and no skin off my nose.

Who, beyond you obviously, gives a shit?

This "now that Microsoft ..." thing is getting out of hand lol.
    There will be at least 2 years until anything will be felt in the games.

Obviously, Classic is a success.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you're very disappointed classic exists and people like it. Why do you weirdos still can't accept it and move on with your lives ?

With the popularity with TBCC? Ofc. Wotlk was the MOST successful expansion, would make no sense for them to not run with it. Later this year perhaps? Or next year, depending how long Sunwell patch will last.

Did they even plan to release WotLK classic yet?

AFAIK they never talked about it.
    They didn't confirm, but at the last real Blizzcon someone asked about that question and they asked the crowd whether they want to see more, first for TBC and then Wrath (way more people have cheered for wrath too).

And there were several interviews if I am not mistaken where they were asked about that and the answer was always optimistic.

That being said, at this point it's pretty much a given they will release wrath classic and discussing IF they will do it is pretty much pointless. The only question is when will it come out and what changes will they make.

Microsoft doesn't mind re-releasing old games. It's an easy source of money.

I think it will likely come out, and be the last one. The hype just isn't there for a cata classic.

How do you know?
    Microsoft historically has has a very hands off approach to the companies they buy. They tend to seperate them and let then do their own thing without getting in the way. They will give resources and finance but for the most part all decisions for that business is from the people working in it.

Unlike activision, microsoft will most likely only step in to fix the current work place enviroment, but all gaming issues will be dealt with blizzard.

They will most likely seperate blizzard from activision and let them run themselves.

How do you know?
    OP is making a stupid question since no one here works at blizz, so he gets a stupid answer

Did they even plan to release WotLK classic yet?

AFAIK they never talked about it.
    Are they thinking about re-releasing what is generally considered the most popular expansion in the game's history?

I think that's a pretty easy mystery to solve myself.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    I think it will likely come out, and be the last one. The hype just isn't there for a cata classic.
    You might be right about that one, yeah. They might skip to MoP or even Legion after WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    The deal won't be finalized until late next year. Don't expect drastic changes to their current activity at least until it is.
    Its said it will be done in their fiscal year 2023, that start for MS in June 2022.

First three where always a guarantee after classic was successful.

Beyond that... well that gets kinda iffy especially cata and after mop.

You believe it would be as successfull as the original WotLK was?

Sorry, i doubt that. The "classic" crowd is satisfied with classic and tbc, and anyone else probably continues to play retail. But hey, i am happy to be surprised.
    It doesn't need to be, the costs to implement it will be minimal and it will bring back a healthy amount of people, guaranteed. And it's not like the "classic crowd" is a hive mind. Tons of people who don't like vanilla and TBC might like Wrath.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Yeah, I don't think they'll skip MoP. Throne of Thunder was an amazing raid tier. Skipping cataclysm and WoD seems plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Microsoft historically has has a very hands off approach to the companies they buy. They tend to seperate them and let then do their own thing without getting in the way. They will give resources and finance but for the most part all decisions for that business is from the people working in it.

Unlike activision, microsoft will most likely only step in to fix the current work place enviroment, but all gaming issues will be dealt with blizzard.

They will most likely seperate blizzard from activision and let them run themselves.
    this- I have a friend who works for inxile (wasteland series)- microsoft bought them not too long ago and basically just upgraded all their hardware, got them fiber, and rearranged the uh.. like employee titles and stuff to be more structured but left actual game making to them. not one thing game wise was changed
    There's also nothing stopping Blizzard from resurrecting both Arthas and Archimonde and turning them into super saiyans so that they can fuse and fight Sargeras

Cataclysm and WoD don't seem worth the effort. The content is all there, but they'd need to code all the old talents and whatnot. Firelands was a strong raid tier but it was short, and the rest are what, Blackwing Descent and (lol) Dragon Soul? No thanks.

Same with WoD, Hellfire Citadel was great but is that one raid worth the rest of the expansion? Anyone looking forward to raiding Highmaul again?

The question is how many different servers will there be? Classic, Season of Mastery classic, TBC, season of mastery TBC, wrath, season of mastery wrath, and retail? Will they do the "Pay $60 to keep your characters on TBC and copy to wrath" shit again?