Retail hunter attack power or agility?

Which one do I go for? I see alot of items have "adds x attack power" , and some have agility. Which one is better? This is for retail, not classic or tbc

on what item are you seeing attack power in retail? link

Quote Originally Posted by rarepepe View Post
    Which one do I go for? I see alot of items have "adds x attack power" , and some have agility. Which one is better? This is for retail, not classic or tbc
    Attack power was removed from gear in Cata, so level up some more and there will only be agi on gear - which gives attack power.
    Don't bother with thinking about gear until end-game, just equip the highest ilvl mail items and replace them as you go.

For a good hunter guide:
    https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/beast-...-pve-dps-guide (for BM)

In general you should sim yourself if you want to know if a piece of gear is an upgrade:
    https://www.raidbots.com/simbot

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Attack power was removed from gear in Cata, so level up some more and there will only be agi on gear - which gives attack power.
    Don't bother with thinking about gear until end-game, just equip the highest ilvl mail items and replace them as you go.

For a good hunter guide:
    https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/beast-...-pve-dps-guide (for BM)

In general you should sim yourself if you want to know if a piece of gear is an upgrade:
    https://www.raidbots.com/simbot
    I didnt even consider he may have ment at low level,but wasnt it removed from all gear and just converted to str/agil?

There might still be some random enchantment "Wooly trousers of the X" green and blue items with AP on them, but generally there should only be the main stat on items.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    There might still be some random enchantment "Wooly trousers of the X" green and blue items with AP on them, but generally there should only be the main stat on items.
    kinda like how rings/neck from cata zones still have main stats on them,weird how they never changed that,some of those are proly pretty strong from timewalking compared to similar ilvl normal ones if ap/sp is better for your class than secondaries

yep its wotlk and tbc items. The question still hasnt been answered and im kinda confused

yep its wotlk and tbc items. The question still hasnt been answered and im kinda confused
    AP is no different from Agi or Str.

It has been answered:
    Equip the highest ilvl item and replace as you level up.
    When you reach max level you can start simming yourself.

If you want to be optimal then you need to sim yourself, others can't tell you what to equip.
    Added:
    Read the guide that I linked in post #3. It explains how hunters work in retail.
    It is made by a hunter, Azortharion, who is a proven theory-crafter and very good raider/M+er.
    Last edited by T-34; 2022-01-20 at 08:50 AM.

Back then it was:

2AP=1Aggy/Str

But maybe they changed how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Back then it was:

2AP=1Aggy/Str

But maybe they changed how it works.
    These days Agi/Str/Int give one point of AP/SP per stat point.

They also give some dodge for Agi and Parry for Str, but those are only relevant to tanks.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    every item you equip will have agi on it. agi over attack power. gear you gain while levelling will get replaced pretty quick anyway