Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    I have an even better idea. Just give all players the option to add the word dragon to all existing class names. Like Dragon Shaman, Dragon Warrior and Dragon Death Knight. Very cool!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    I have an even better idea. Just give all players the option to add the word dragon to all existing class names. Like Dragon Shaman, Dragon Warrior and Dragon Death Knight. Very cool!
    Damn, you sound like author of Big Bad Cleric
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    It'll probably end up being some derivative of this merged with the soulbind/covenant system. We do know we're special and can soulbind dead people, all we need is a writing trope with the heart of azeroth and our ability to interact with relics of the first ones, and ta da, we can utilize the powers of the fallen dragonflights to support us on our quest to rid the universe of evil men wearing capes.

You cant really create a new class without taking away from existing game features. The game essentially has a class for everything. Since Legion, the only goals has been to add races as those dont impede current balance and promote race changes. Doubt we will ever see a new class.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Because two expansions with no new class is already a bigger gap than usual and current classes have essentially remained unchanged for the two expansions and with no permanent power progression in terms of gameplay are feeling beyond stale

A new class breaks that feeling
    They honestly don’t have to add a class in, they never said they would release new classes ever x amount of years.

Dragonsworn or Dragon Knight, whichever naming they choose would be pretty solid. A mail wearer with specs to tank, heal and caster dps and a racial to choose a blessing from a dragonflight (kind of like zandalari)

Tinkers/Alchemists would probably not be bad either, just won't match the expansion if it is related to dragon isles. New classes have matched 100% the expansion they were released in and doing a dragon expansion with a random technological class won't make any sense, unless the expansion is Mechanical Dragon Isles lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    neither have been cloth wearing class or caster
    caster falls under ranged dps. It would make since to have a new class be mail, as we already have 4 cloth classes, but only 2 mail.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    caster falls under ranged dps. It would make since to have a new class be mail, as we already have 4 cloth classes, but only 2 mail.
    1) Mage
    2) Warlock
    3) Priest
    4) who is it?
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    1) Mage
    2) Warlock
    3) Priest
    4) who is it?
    typo, meant 3

How about "dragon tinker"?
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

i mean sure, it would make sense, but we had 2 mail and 3 leather after monk too and got another leather, so it seems thats not really concern to blizz
    also, im not against mail, just pointed out we didnt get cloth or caster, we got just melee, so cloth caster would make sense too (and even though its unlikely i still hope for necromancer now that we will repair the machinery of death in 9.2, we could go back home with some tricks we learned in SL )

i think it matters very little what we are lacking, it seems more dependant on what the next expansion is, we might aswell get another leather, and with personal loot thats hardly problem...

although it would be good for armor type stacking to get cloth or mail tank but i dont hold my breath for that

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes i know that people want 3rd mail class since any other armor type has 3 or more classes that using it, but isn't mail armor type feels redundant thing? just split already existing mail armor type users between Plate and Leather.

Shamans and their sets goes to Plate (happy shamans would have sense in wearing shields and omega shoulders and atleast good armor stat)

Hunter and their sets goes to Leather (high speed running wild archer in MAIL never made a sense, yep in past they used mana and INT but now nothing stops them from sharing Rogue slots)

Hop, and Mail armor pain ends with three armor types :

1) Cloth (light armored units)
    2) Leather (medium armored units)
    3) Plate (heavy armored units)

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    They honestly don’t have to add a class in, they never said they would release new classes ever x amount of years.
    They also don’t have to make a new expansion every two years but here we are with a cut patch

Every time I see threads like this speculating/wanting/demanding a new class, I pose this question and no one really has ever been able to really answer it:

Given all the complaints about Balance, Spec Design, Class Design, Itemization and such with the 36 specs we have across 12 classes, why do people want more added?

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't get a new class just a new borrowed power system.. like always..

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Every time I see threads like this speculating/wanting/demanding a new class, I pose this question and no one really has ever been able to really answer it:

Given all the complaints about Balance, Spec Design, Class Design, Itemization and such with the 36 specs we have across 12 classes, why do people want more added?
    Because variety
    Balance is blown out of proportion “my spec does 15% less than yours based on logs” forgetting that logs are never equal and half the time requires outside sources for those rankings like a broken leggo that isn’t because of balancing but incompetent design.

Same with the design thing. Adding another class doesn’t mean taking away or simplifying others. Here’s an example of a dragonsworn class that is both interesting and doesn’t screw with any existing class
    Wears mail
    Has a base system similar to shaman maelstrom but also has a mechanic that when you hit 100 energy or pop a CD empowers your moves
    Melee spec places DoTs/debuffs on target and uses an ability that does more damage or buffs the player more that is dependent on the amount of debuffs/DoTs removed
    Healing spec is similar placing it close to MW but still unique
    Tank spec focuses more on undoing damage “using the power of time your body is more resistant to damage and upon expiration of this ability returns to the previous point in time” close to BrM but essentially the opposite
    Ranged spec can be a combo builder where if you use ability Y after X then Use Z you get a boost.

There you go a unique class using an armor only shared by two other classes with 4 specs that at most share a general feel in terms of design

How many combo point specs do we currently have, only like 7??

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post

We've had 2 expansions following Legion without new classes. Has the game's balance, class design and itemization become better for it without a new class?

The game will never be balanced, so it's quite pointless to expect that not having new classes will somehow mean the game's balance, spec design, class design, itemization will be better. Blizzard will still continue to add features that affect balance. And even if the game were perfectly balanced, people will find new things to complain about.

New classes are new content, same reason why anyone would want new expansions despite the complaints that exist for all previous expansions. Complaints aren't reasons to not have new content.

The only way to legitimately consider not having new classes as being better for the game is if every expansion that didn't add a new class was actually proven to be better than the ones that did. TBC, Cataclysm, WoD, BFA and Shadowlands were just as messy as any other expansion in terms of balance and class design.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-01-21 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i mean sure, it would make sense, but we had 2 mail and 3 leather after monk too and got another leather, so it seems thats not really concern to blizz
    also, im not against mail, just pointed out we didnt get cloth or caster, we got just melee, so cloth caster would make sense too (and even though its unlikely i still hope for necromancer now that we will repair the machinery of death in 9.2, we could go back home with some tricks we learned in SL )

i think it matters very little what we are lacking, it seems more dependant on what the next expansion is, we might aswell get another leather, and with personal loot thats hardly problem...

although it would be good for armor type stacking to get cloth or mail tank but i dont hold my breath for that
    Necromancer at this point would be extremely unlikely, as when they've added a new class it is heavily influenced by the story. Dk's breaking away from arthas, discovering monk in panda land, and DH's to take on demons. If they were gonna do necros, it would've been in shadowlands.

Now the reason I really think it will be mail, is I believe it'll be some sort of dragon sworn class and they'll say they use dragon scale armor or something like that. This is all based off the almost certainty that the dragon isles will be the next expansion.

Necromancer at this point would be extremely unlikely, as when they've added a new class it is heavily influenced by the story. Dk's breaking away from arthas, discovering monk in panda land, and DH's to take on demons. If they were gonna do necros, it would've been in shadowlands.

Now the reason I really think it will be mail, is I believe it'll be some sort of dragon sworn class and they'll say they use dragon scale armor or something like that. This is all based off the almost certainty that the dragon isles will be the next expansion.
    If we get dragonsworn and they can’t use the dragon rider armor I will cry

Lets make This clear, 4 fake nonsensical leaks cant derive in this.
    There is 0 chance dragón Isles is a theme forra full xpac with baddies,goodies and everything in between.

It just doesnt have all Of that is needed. Maybe an emerald dream xpac in a patch, maybe with an light or void xpac as a patch where we go for help.

But the theme just lacks propper and interesting Lore for it to be an xpac