10+ Year Old Account

Why is Tol'Barad an expansion feature but Wintergrasp isn't?

Tol'Barad is seen as an expansion feature and it is basically stuck in the past but Wintergrasp isn't.
    What is the difference of those 2? It seems like the exact same thing but one they wanted to return and the other not.
    Last edited by Gimlix; 2022-09-04 at 04:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Tol'Barad is seen as an expansion feature and it basically in the past but Wintergrasp isn't.
    What is the difference of those 2? It seems like the exact same thing but one they wanted to return and the other not.
    Easily answered.

Wintergrasp was re-made into an Epic BG so it is no longer considered as an 'expansion feature'.
    Tol Barad has yet to get the same treatment. So it is still stuck as a Cata feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, who says it isn't? I mean, there's a whole zone with dailies and a raid there after all, which is just like Tol'barad, the only different with the two is that Wintergrasp isn't in the open anymore.

Edit: Aha, we're talking achievement listing? Well, that is a different thing, where I always thought Tol'Barad was placed wrong.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2022-09-04 at 01:09 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    Easily answered.

Wintergrasp was re-made into an Epic BG so it is no longer considered as an 'expansion feature'.
    Tol Barad has yet to get the same treatment. So it is still stuck as a Cata feature.
    ‘Cept wintergrasp has always been listed under PvP and Tol Barad expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    ‘Cept wintergrasp has always been listed under PvP and Tol Barad expansion.
    Yea, I referred to the BG part only initially.

As above said, Tol Barad is 2 zones: the BG and the Daily zone while Wintergrasp has always just been the one zone.
    I guess the easiest explanation is that the mix of these 2 would not qualify it as strictly PvP but due to the BG side it is not strictly in Exploration either.

You could argue that they could move Told Barad Peninsula to Exploration and Told Barad to PvP, that would make sense.
    But honestly, there are so few achievements to either that it is just a nice place to group these up.

Tol'Barad is seen as an expansion feature and it basically in the past but Wintergrasp isn't.
    Wintergrasp was iconic, Tol'Barad is genuinly forgettable.

Tol Barad has far more content than Wintergrasp.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    I don't know how this connects to the conversation at all.

I personally liked Tol Barad more when it was current.
    The zone felt much better to me. I felt like I had way more agency during the BG than in WG.
    Also it had stuff to do while the BG was on cd.
    Baradin hold bosses were way better than WG bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Wintergrasp is even worse then Strand of the Ancient.
    That isn't the point, if Wintergrasp can get a resurrection back into the BG scene then Tol'Barad should too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Tol'Barad is seen as an expansion feature and it is basically stuck in the past but Wintergrasp isn't.
    You can answer that yourself - each BG they have to reservice, costs a lot of resources. People that could had worked on something else. It also takes maintenance and server capacity.

The more value it adds, the higher is the chance for they will pick it up(in general).

Wintergrasp is associated with a high, TB is associated with a low. It's not the same as which map is the best, but how many liked WotLK vs. Cataclysm. There are many factors outside whats a good map.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-09-05 at 08:39 AM.