Lightbulb Here's my idea for Dragon Isles Expansion lore

Remaining draconic threats

Sinestra, twilight dragonflight, and the twilight's hammer.

Are active during the shaman order campaign.

Goriana
    Flew off to who knows where after us killing Blackhorn.

Chromatus
    Was "defeated" and imprisoned.

Murozond
    Nozdormu has yet to go crazy and form the MU infinites.

Galakrond
    Will most likely be rez'ed or fought via time travel

Okay with those characters in mind, here is how I imagine a 10.0 Dragon Expansion:

• Basically, everything N'zoth had done (knowing Deathwing could probably be defeated if the aspects sacrificed their power, which they did), has led to the twilights hammer (AKA Void) finally getting a huge advantage by having a nearly undefeatable Chromatus fight the weakened aspect leaders by merging with the Soul of Galkrond. Chromatus can not be destroyed unless the Titan's blueprints for dragons, on the titan facility on Dragon Isles, is used to de-couple the titan's power from dragons permanently, effectively ending the future reproduction of dragons. I call this expansion, "THE END OF DRAGONS". In opposition to this, Nozdormu vows to make sure the end of dragons never comes to pass and requisitions Alleria's teachings of the void to gain the power to save the dragon race and resist becoming Murozond in the process.

• Murozond is very void-like and the void is all about the "infinite possibilities" of potential reality (opposite of the light's one sided view). Also, of course Chromatus isn't the "main" main Villain, but Chromatus is a very difficult threat to deal with on a good day. This is not going to be a good day (Aspects being mortal and all). Plus, for the sake of story, I'm suggesting that he'd be empowered somehow. The idea is that he is part of a greater plan to bring forth the void, to tear the fabric of reality, and taunting and then turning Nozdormu into his Evil Alter-Ego, Murozond, through a series of subtle events that aim to corrupt Nozdormu, presumably in ways different from N'zoth in 8.3 or the void ethereal in 7.3.
    Last edited by Lights Vengeance; 2022-01-21 at 09:21 AM.

Dragons are already sterile so their future reproduction is already gone.

There is absolutely nothing in lore suggesting that Chromatus can only be killed if dragons were "decoupled" from their Titan power. They already gave up their power back in Cataclysm.

0/10 you clearly only skimmed while reading lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for not trying to pass this off as a leak but being up front about this being your own speculation instead.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Dragons are already sterile so their future reproduction is already gone.

There is absolutely nothing in lore suggesting that Chromatus can only be killed if dragons were "decoupled" from their Titan power. They already gave up their power back in Cataclysm.

0/10 you clearly only skimmed while reading lore.
    One has to wonder, how can you make such an impactful lore decision (taking dragons away the ability to reproduce) and not follow up on it at some point? Reproduction is the most important goal of all life forms; did the dragons just shrug and say: "Oh well?". You could imagine they would desperately try, somehow, to get that ability back - and it would be a great material for some interesting plot development (as you can easily make it relatable to very human problems). So when I see people going like: "Forget about dragons, they are sterile and will never be able to reproduce again", I giggle a bit inside. This is too good of a topic to not to use it at some point.

A Dragon Isles expansion will feature N'Zoth as the main villain once again, just you watch.

It will be revealed that N'Zoth survived the destruction of his body by transferring part of his essence inside the empty Blade of the Black Empire, which he gained from Xal'atath as part of their bargain. As the blade was used by Wrathion to stab him, and collided with his body, N'Zoth inserted part of his essence inside the blade. So that he could one day be reborn. Consider this a contingency devised by the most cunning of the Old Gods.

The final fight taking place in Ny'alotha will also come into play, as it will be revealed that, like the first encounter with Wrathion, not everything seen in Ny'alotha was real.

Ny'alotha is not a real, tangible place. Ny'alotha is a twisted manifestation of the future that N'Zoth envisions for Azeroth. It exists and is fabricated by N'Zoth's endless imagination.

Anyway the take-away here is that no one but N'Zoth can serve as main villain of this expansion, and this is hardly surprising. Deathwing, the greatest enemy of the Aspects, the fallen Aspect, the threat so great that the Aspects had to give up their immortality to defeat, was but a puppet of N'Zoth. N'Zoth has always been the one to meddle and mess with dragons.

OP, the creatures you cited are not "main villain" material. They are but twisted puppets and experiments of N'Zoth.

and requisitions Alleria's teachings of the void

This however makes so much sense, is so logical, is such good writing, that I would upvote you if I could. Who else to save the dragons and defeat the Void, than the first mortal to successfully defy the Shadows' whispers?
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-01-19 at 11:58 AM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    A Dragon Isles expansion will feature N'Zoth as the main villain once again, just you watch.

It will be revealed that N'Zoth survived the destruction of his body by transferring part of his essence inside the empty Blade of the Black Empire, which he gained from Xal'atath as part of their bargain. As the blade was used by Wrathion to stab him, and collided with his body, N'Zoth inserted part of his essence inside the blade. So that he could one day be reborn. Consider this a contingency devised by the most cunning of the Old Gods.

The final fight taking place in Ny'alotha will also come into play, as it will be revealed that, like the first encounter with Wrathion, not everything seen in Ny'alotha was real.

Ny'alotha is not a real, tangible place. Ny'alotha is a twisted manifestation of the future that N'Zoth envisions for Azeroth. It exists and is fabricated by N'Zoth's endless imagination.

Anyway the take-away here is that no one but N'Zoth can serve as main villain of this expansion, and this is hardly surprising. Deathwing, the greatest enemy of the Aspects, the fallen Aspect, the threat so great that the Aspects had to give up their immortality to defeat, was but a puppet of N'Zoth. N'Zoth has always been the one to meddle and mess with dragons.

OP, the creatures you cited are not "main villain" material. They are but twisted puppets and experiments of N'Zoth.

This however makes so much sense, is so logical, is such good writing, that I would upvote you if I could. Who else to save the dragons and defeat the Void, than the first mortal to successfully defy the Shadows' whispers?
    Murozond is very void-like and the void is all about the "infinite possibilities" of potential reality (opposite of the light's one sided view). Also, of course Chromatus isn't the "main" main Villain, but Chromatus is a very difficult threat to deal with on a good day. This is not going to be a good day (Aspects being mortal and all). Plus, for the sake of story, I'm suggesting that he'd be empowered somehow. The idea is that he is part of a greater plan to bring forth the void, to tear the fabric of reality, and taunting and then turning Nozdormu into his Evil Alter-Ego, Murozond, through a series of subtle events that aim to corrupt Nozdormu, presumably in ways different from N'zoth in 8.3 or the void ethereal in 7.3.