Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Personally I don't give a hoot about MMORPG "endgame". It's always crap. MMOs went from being about immersive, living worlds, to habituating users into wasting their time chasing after arbitrary stat increases barred by timegates and RNG. I value my limited time more than spending thousands of hours of my life beating up pixels in a skinner box.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Personally I don't give a hoot about MMORPG "endgame". It's always crap. MMOs went from being about immersive, living worlds, to habituating users into wasting their time chasing after arbitrary stat increases barred by timegates and RNG. I value my limited time more than spending thousands of hours of my life beating up pixels in a skinner box.
    Endgame is how an MMO creates a living world and community. The two terms are used almost synonymously these days. The problem is that certain MMOs think that beating up baddies is the only end game. The only way to create a living world.

Games that think raiding should be the only "end game" are going to be boring, yes. But when you have fashion to chase, houses to buy, Crystalline Conflict, roleplay, clubs, Gold Saucer, Deep Dungeons, Bozja and Eureka, any of the possible grindable relic weapon glamours, multiple different distinct levels of raiding, even within the Ultimate category, Ishgard Restoration, crafting, making money, mount collecting etc. There's going to be something for most people if only they look for it.

There's a lot to do that isn't just endlessly beating up baddies or a gear treadmill. At least in FFXIV. And if you don't find enjoyment in any of those, oh well, guess it's time to move on and stop playing?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"