Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Now i look a slightly bit different at Mr. Danuser

Hey folks,

it’s crazy shit, that’s going on, imo. Watched this Taliesin video a few mins ago:

Afrasiabi's Sylvanas Sabotage : The Truth
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN0CzpbZAbM

Thats CRAZY shit. And honestly i do not think Taliesin had done that for clicks or something like that. He sounds rather credible/honest to me, in the video part about not hurting someone of the 4 mentioned sources.

Tbh i can totally imagine this. And it sheds a completely different light on Danusers work, even when considering the bad SL narrative. Since i also already experienced such things in such companies, i know how hard it can be, to repair the damage other ppl did to a product.

And just as a final note: I wether have something to do with Taliesin, nor i am that huge Youtube influencer watcher or something. I watch some Bellular or Asmongold vids here and there, and that’s it.

Just thought i share this (imo) rather interesting and crazy stuff with MMOC.

(if you don’t know what this post should be about, just watch the above mentioned video)
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-01-26 at 12:33 PM.

Him using so many F bombs in his other channel... my innocent ears!

He will not rest until his waifu has been fully redeemed. If you get between him and Sylvanas you can bet he will crush you with everything he has. How you think all the Afrisabi thing got actually started? Danuser has the power and strength many are missing - his love to his waifu that will grant him strength to push aside and crush anybody that are in the way to accomplish his quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Him using so many F bombs in his other channel... my innocent ears!
    ah ok. honestly, i think i watched 2-3 Taliesin&Evitel (or how them are called) in my whole life. so i can’t say anything about that.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-01-26 at 12:35 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why would you look at him different? Shadowlands still is hot garbage and The bald man being retroactively introduced as mastermind of the scourge and other events are still awful regardless if Afrasiabi wanted to make her a villain.

His attempt to "redeem" her or "fix" is worse than the damage Afrasiabi did.

Let alone how he though Teldrasill was good and he was part of BfA writing project, he seemed very onboard on everything, since he evens self insert as Nathanos there.

Nah, he thinks highly of Season 8 Not So Great.

10+ Year Old Account
    This all is a bunch of BS.

Don't get baited by random crap.

Honestly, the whole theme and concept of the Shadowlands as a whole is just bad and no writer can ever truly make it work well, but especially not in WoW.

I just think that most people aren't interested in being part of an expansion that mainly deals with with the afterlife and all that cosmic stuff. This stuff is cool when you get bits and pieces of it once in a while, but other than that it's just not interesting and it's near impossible to create good characters that make sense and are yet interesting in such a universe.

Also srsly, people just want simple and easy to follow storylines. Even when the Jailer did something cool ocassionally and something that makes sense, people (like those that have posted above me) never actually read it, but form a nonsensical opinion and write it off as bad writing, because they don't understand the simplest things.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2022-01-26 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Why would you look at him different? Shadowlands still is hot garbage and The bald man being retroactively introduced as mastermind of the scourge and other events are still awful regardless if Afrasiabi wanted to make her a villain.

Let alone how he though Teldrasill was good and he was part of BfA writing project, he seemed very onboard on everything, since he evens self insert as Nathanos there.
    yeah, SL is still based on his garbage. agree and not defend anything of his crap he did in SL.

but your last part sounds like you not watched the video. start watching at 7:30. Danuser was not part of BfA’s writing.

Or maybe i missunderstood you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This all is a bunch of BS.

Don't get baited by random crap.
    even when often sharing your opinion in your posts, here i have another one. don’t think it’s BS imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Honestly, the whole theme and concept of the Shadowlands as a whole is just bad and no writer can ever truly make it work well, but especially not in WoW.

I just think that most people aren't interested in being part of an expansion that mainly deals with with the afterlife and all that cosmic stuff. This stuff is cool when you get bits and pieces of it once in a while, but other than that it's just not interesting and it's near impossible to create good characters that make sense and are yet interesting in such a universe.

Also srsly, people just want simple and easy to follow storylines. Even when the Jailer did something cool ocassionally and something that makes sense, people (like those that have posted above me) never actually read it, but form a nonsensical opinion and write it off as bad writing, because they don't understand the simplest things.
    just for a pure informational side note: this thread is not about discussing the goods and bads of the SL narrative. not in a direct sense at least. just as a simple side note, without much behind it.

“I’m not a big YouTube influencer but here is all the YouTubers I watch”

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    “I’m not a big YouTube influencer but here is all the YouTubers I watch”
    first:
    yeah, smiling. sounds terrible, i agree.

second:
    oh come on! i know the 2 most prominent (i assume) wow youtubers, after playing wow for 16 years, and watch some video of them, maybe 1 in a month, since maybe 1-2 years or so (maybe just out of pure SL boredom). that really doesnt make me the big bad „look what Bellular said!“ wolf, tbh.

He thought Game of Thrones Season 8 was good lol.

Maybe the Janitor will be destroyed by a rogue sneaking up on him as he is celebrating his victory
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Afrasiabi just seems like a scapegoat. I suppose we'll see in 10.0.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

Truth is, we know nothing.

When you work in a field where you develop something as a team, form design to its production, so many things can go in different ways. Sometimes, the most obvious responsible of a mistake or wrong doing did not have much of a chance to mend it or even prevent it, even if he directly caused it. Because so many other factors can be so intrinsic with it...

All I say is, do not put the blame so hard one one or two individuals... from experience.. I know that it is not that simple.

I remain neutral. Clearly, there´s been a shit storm going on at Blizzard for a while, and that makes it impossible to develop good products. It´s that simple. So it is very hard to pick individuals and put the blame on them, unless you were part of that team and then you know the details.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    He thought Game of Thrones Season 8 was good lol.

Maybe the Janitor will be destroyed by a rogue sneaking up on him as he is celebrating his victory
    i am old AF. i shame to say i never saw more than 2 game of thrones episodes. so, cause of missing other options, i trust you here.

Even if the character and the story surrounding her were 'sabotaged' by Afrasiabi (a guy who wrote Sylvanas since 2006) - what does it change really? Does it magically reframe all of Shadowlands in a way that makes its story and godforsaken lore good?

Everything Danuser did to 'fix' the perceived problems with the narrative he inherited only made it worse and none of his original creations have impressed me in the slightest.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post

When you work in a field where you develop something as a team, form design to its production, so many things can go in different ways. Sometimes, the most obvious responsible of a mistake or wrong doing did not have much of a chance to mend it or even prevent it, even if he directly caused it. Because so many other factors can be so intrinsic with it...

All I say is, do not put the blame so hard one one or two individuals... from experience.. I know that it is not that simple.

I remain neutral. Clearly, there´s been a shit storm going on at Blizzard for a while, and that makes it impossible to develop good products. It´s that simple. So it is very hard to pick individuals and put the blame on them, unless you were part of that team and then you know the details.
    sign that, because this is ALWAYS a possibility (it don’t have to, but it CAN be) in such companies. at least in my experience there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    yeah, SL is still based on his garbage. agree and not defend anything of his crap he did in SL.

but your last part sounds like you not watched the video. start watching at 7:30. Danuser was not part of BfA’s writing.
    I tried but could not past 2 minutes.

And yes, Danuser was part of BfA writing, he was not the lead writing, but he was part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post

What m saying its bullshit that people are now trying to excuse Danuser and his hot cocked garbage of story saying it was afrasiabi fault

like "oh my, Danuser is just trying to fix Afrasiabi "sabote" making Sylvanus a villain, because he had beef with Kosak, Danuser is just trying to fix the wrongs!"

Its Bullshit, if anything Afrasiabi did a better job at writing wow and Sylvanas, than Danuser, even if "revenge" was his goal.

The thing about working for a team is that no matter which individual member of that team screwed up, it's the guy in charge of it all that's responsible. Even if it wasn't "direct," it is their responsibility to correct (and ideally prevent) any issues. Things are always going to go sideways. It is literally their job to course correct.

I'm not buying it. T&E will do anything for quick clicks. Blaming everything on Afrasiabi when he's gone for good seems too suspicious. Even if it's somehow "confirmed" that T&E are in direct contact with someone inside blizzard, I'm not buying it. It would make more sense, that someone 'inside blizzard' would like to push the narrative through them and make Afrasiabi the one and only person responsible for this fuckfest of a story and make Blizzard incompetent story department the "good guys".