Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hot take: OW2 shouldve have another 21 heroes.

Overwatch released with 21 heroes.

Why is Overwatch 2 releasing with the same heroes as OW1? Feels like a major patch, not a sequel.

It is a major patch, you're paying for the PvE component which to Blizzard necessitates the "2".

Pretty sure it is coming with new heroes and they already announced one.
    Could be wrong, but as noted above, it is mostly about the PvE for sure.

I have a theory that Overwatch 2 never actually existed when they showed it off. It was originally a mode for Overwatch 1 and they panicked over how bad things were going for them and showed it to try to build a hype machine to drown out the noise all the bad shit being said. They just expanded it into a game.

It's why, despite being announced over two years ago, we know very little to nothing about the actual game itself.

OT: I mean, a shift away from the shield meta that destroyed the game to begin with would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Overwatch released with 21 heroes.

Why is Overwatch 2 releasing with the same heroes as OW1? Feels like a major patch, not a sequel.
    Hot take, you're in the wrong section of the forum.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I have a theory that Overwatch 2 never actually existed when they showed it off. It was originally a mode for Overwatch 1 and they panicked over how bad things were going for them and showed it to try to build a hype machine to drown out the noise all the bad shit being said. They just expanded it into a game.

It's why, despite being announced over two years ago, we know very little to nothing about the actual game itself.

OT: I mean, a shift away from the shield meta that destroyed the game to begin with would be nice.

So what you are saying, they made the cinematic and all as a joke of some sorts? Never existed? Are you high or dumb?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    It's not a hot take, ofc it should have at least 21 new heroes, it has taken them a hella long time to get the damn game out, I expect HEAPS of new characters

Quote Originally Posted by Nask View Post
    So what you are saying, they made the cinematic and all as a joke of some sorts? Never existed? Are you high or dumb?
    It would not be the first time a game trailer was not showing what the actual game has.

overwatch 2 is barely a dlc for ow1

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    It would not be the first time a game trailer was not showing what the actual game has.
    I mean, sure. But a "mode" with new UI, new heroes, new map, new mechanics, new gamemode? Really? It was clearly a new game/expansion from the start, not gamemode.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    It is a major patch, you're paying for the PvE component which to Blizzard necessitates the "2".
    Out of curiosity I'm wondering how much the "2" is because Bobby / Activision wanted them to release a sequel instead of like a smaller scale expansion or something. Just based on all the articles that have been coming up with how he's cancelled so many things he wanted them to start on.

10+ Year Old Account
    OW2 need additional 21 hero, OW is always FPV dota, do u know a dota that has this tiny amount of heroes?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    OW2 need additional 21 hero, OW is always FPV dota, do u know a dota that has this tiny amount of heroes?
    Overwatch is DotA?

Sure, why not. What's the connection, exactly? That it's PvP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Overwatch is DotA?

Sure, why not. What's the connection, exactly? That it's PvP?
    that it is a hero with basic abilities and 1 ultimate, it charge with time instead of lvling but still same basic idea
    regardless a game that use hero instead of weapons/class like CoD means only way u try a new thing is a fully added hero, not just a weapon, and OW is lacking massively in that field
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Why would it have that if there will be enough of naive people to buy same game another time?

Quote Originally Posted by Nask View Post
    I clearly said what they did. You clearly cannot read but thanks for the comment!

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post

If you've seen comments from the Bungie developers about Destiny, it's pretty clear they didn't want to make a sequel and just wanted to update their original game like a traditional MMO, but Destiny 2 was forced on them by Activision. This is supported by a few Activision comments to investors about pushing the "Call of Duty" model on all of their franchises. No doubt this is what happened with Overwatch 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    If you've seen comments from the Bungie developers about Destiny, it's pretty clear they didn't want to make a sequel and just wanted to update their original game like a traditional MMO, but Destiny 2 was forced on them by Activision. This is supported by a few Activision comments to investors about pushing the "Call of Duty" model on all of their franchises. No doubt this is what happened with Overwatch 2.
    It's not like Activision owned Bungie or anything, they couldn't have "forced" them to do that. And all I can find is them saying that Activision wasn't some "prohibiting overlord", that they just had different ideas on how to go forward.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...re-for-destiny

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's not like Activision owned Bungie or anything, they couldn't have "forced" them to do that. And all I can find is them saying that Activision wasn't some "prohibiting overlord", that they just had different ideas on how to go forward.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...re-for-destiny
    They did own Bungie and it was in an interview with the two main game directors.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    They did own Bungie
    That's not true at all, they have been independent since they split from Microsoft. Activision was their publisher, not owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !