Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    And will only give cosmetic rewards. Which means, noone will play them anymore.
    Ah yes, cosmetics - the thing notorious for not being wanted by players. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post

Leveling is a core of MMO since always.
    You can´t just remove it, unless you have something really, REALLY good to compensate it.

I am yet to meet a person who really doesn´t like leveling when an expansion comes out, through new content, for the first time.
    They like questing and discovering new zones, not the act of filling up a bar.

OP is probably grinning ear to ear for the past day, simply because he guessed the name.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    OP is probably grinning ear to ear for the past day, simply because he guessed the name.
    And the story relevancy of quel'thalas, ghostlands and Silvermooon, and the class skin questline for Dark ranger.
    I mean, the coincidences start to mount and it gets harder to dismiss.

I do think that at least the zones are true as well. The features do read like a "too good to be true list" though. We'll see what makes the cut.

If it's just a lucky guess, well damn... that was a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    This is essentially how Shadowlands worked… reaching level 60 didn’t really mean anything on your first character, you had to finish all the zone story campaigns in order to choose a covenant and start endgame content. What’s described is more or less the same thing but without gaining levels.
    That's true, but unless you went out of your way to do all the side quests or did a lot of dungeon grinding you were very close to finishing the campaign anyway. Most people hit 60 somewhere in Revendreth with only a couple hours at most to finish up. People want to get into dungeons, they want to grind gear upgrades. The very premise of gaining levels is what makes that much mandatory questing bearable for a large portion of players, and that much questing is typically necessary to set up a new expansion's story.

Another issue is, how do you balance the power spike that we normally get in the early endgame? Traditionally, hitting max level you feel weaker than you did in end raid gear due to scaling but it spikes as you get into dungeon gear and above. Staying at 60 means they either squish gear again, squish stat scaling or we start scaling to ridiculous levels and fresh 60s from Shadowlands have a gargantuan jump from the ~150ilvl they're at to the 290-300+ that new expansion gear will be at, which leads to mob tuning issues etc etc.

All that being said, I don't believe Blizzard will ever stop raising level caps with expansions. It's been a core feature of them forever and it's a much easier way of pacing the introduction to the new continent/zones and any new systems in place.

Dragonflights will be the new Covenants. And will only give cosmetic rewards. Which means, noone will play them anymore.

1.) Red dragons
    - erotic transmogs
    - Silk like transparent capes
    - Horn hats
    - red colored
    - can transform into a human
    2.) Green dragons
    - erotic transmogs
    - Horn hats
    - green colored
    3.) Yellow dragons
    - some kind of transmogs (none erotic, i mean.. gnomes!)
    - fur Cape with a clock pattern. Not transparent. See: Gnomes
    - Horn hats (small horns for gnomes)
    - yellow colored
    - can transform into a gnome
    4.) Black dragons
    - spooky transmogs
    - cruel hats
    - evil capes
    - Black! All of it!
    - Can turn into Elfs.
    5.) Pink dragons
    - Erotic transmogs (with special-interest definitions of "erotic")
    - Pink fluffy capes
    - Pink iffy small horn hats
    - Can turn into a goblin of the opposite gender

And renown .. i mean.. dragonpower.. will yield you cosmetics only! Because Ion wants you to play raids and mythic+. Or buy tokens! Sorry, no gear progression from world content.
    I do want me some erotic cosmetics, but if that's the main feature of the expansion I am not buying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragonflights will be the new Covenants. And will only give cosmetic rewards. Which means, noone will play them anymore.

1.) Red dragons
    - erotic transmogs
    - Horn hats
    - red colored
    2.) Green dragons
    - erotic transmogs
    - Horn hats
    - green colored
    3.) Yellow dragons
    - some kind of transmogs (none erotic, i mean.. gnomes!)
    - fur Cape with a clock pattern. Not transparent. See: Gnomes
    - Horn hats (small horns for gnomes)
    - yellow colored
    - can transform into a gnome
    4.) Black dragons
    - spooky transmogs
    - cruel hats
    - evil capes
    - Black! All of it!
    - Can turn into Elfs.
    5.) Pink dragons
    - Erotic transmogs (with special-interest definitions of "erotic")
    - Pink fluffy capes
    - Pink iffy small horn hats
    - Can turn into a goblin of the opposite gender

And renown .. i mean.. dragonpower.. will yield you cosmetics only! Because Ion wants you to play raids and mythic+. Or buy tokens! Sorry, no gear progression from world content.
    That tbh ideal way to copy paster convenants. For me its okish system. Cosmetis always cool, mounts always cool, own side story line ok, campain from other view ok. I mean i do prefer convenants as they are atm in 9.2 than farm shitloads of shit like azerite.
    Last edited by czarek; 2022-04-04 at 12:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could it have been a proper leak? Sure. Could it have been just luck? Sure.

Here is the thing, noone but this person came up with dragonflight. Shit, I would made it plural (with an s at the end) at the very least, cause there are multiple flights of dragons. But he specifically made it singular. Off that, everyone was faking at least 2 or 3 words for the expansion title. Here, it's a single word and singular in grammar.

I am gonna believe this leak purely because of that.

But why the dates wrong? Well they were originally gonna release information on something towards the end of feburary if I remember. But them pushing it away from the end of February after this release basically solidified that this leak was false, until now. It was a calculated move. Then again my memory is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Could it have been a proper leak? Sure. Could it have been just luck? Sure.

Here is the thing, noone but this person came up with dragonflight.
    Actually, she/he came up with the name first:
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It'd be funny. But I seriously doubt it.
    But why the dates wrong? Well they were originally gonna release information on something towards the end of feburary if I remember. But them pushing it away from the end of February after this release basically solidified that this leak was false, until now. It was a calculated move. Then again my memory is bad.
    Internal dates change in game development all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Actually, he came up with the name first.
    Had I known, I would have made my own thread. I'd be swimming in it.

Attention, I mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, she/he came up with the name first:

Internal dates change in game development all the time.
    Dont know what you are even talking about since all you did was agree with me

There have been plenty of people to get the name of the expansion right but their leak was bogus in the past that's why I'm not 100% on this. Another thing is tinker, blizzard has completely ignored all the request of the tinker for the past decade and I don't think they have any intentions of changing their minds. It's been every leakers dream but every single time it never happens, it's time to move on and let it go. Another reason is the no level increase. Blizzard did a level shrink for a reason and that was so we wouldn't be going to levels 130 and 140 but going to level 70 is 100% going to happen, there is no way they are risking people not returning for a new expansion and one of the most important things that lures RPGers is a level cap increase.

Dont know what you are even talking about since all you did was agree with me
    Read the post again?

About the date being wrong I was just clarifying, because people keep using that as an excuse that this leak is fake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Had I known, I would have made my own thread. I'd be swimming in it.

Attention, I mean.
    We all know Chromatus is actually you. Too much coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Phil View Post
    There have been plenty of people to get the name of the expansion right but their leak was bogus in the past that's why I'm not 100% on this. Another thing is tinker, blizzard has completely ignored all the request of the tinker for the past decade and I don't think they have any intentions of changing their minds. It's been every leakers dream but every single time it never happens, it's time to move on and let it go. Another reason is the no level increase. Blizzard did a level shrink for a reason and that was so we wouldn't be going to levels 130 and 140 but going to level 70 is 100% going to happen, there is no way they are risking people not returning for a new expansion and one of the most important things that lures RPGers is a level cap increase.
    "You've gotta move on with your life"

Really can't help but read your entire post in Phil's southern drawl, with the end of every sentence sounding slightly raised and urgent. On a serious note though, you're right.

Look, I'm not trying to be rude...but the amount of people on this thread that think Blizz would remotely develop 95% of that leak are delusional. There is nothing logical about any of it from both a gameplay and/or game design standpoint. Not to mention none of it remotely aligns with their status quo, which they will never fully abandon. Not when MAUs are their gold standard for success.

Player Housing? You would basically kill capital cities outside of the AH. Highly unlikely.

Carpenter and Logger professions? Yeah, no. Unless they were secondaries like cooking/fishing and only meant for player housing (which has a snowball's chance in hell already)

Dalaran (again)? Blizz would be raked across the coals.

Rewards from Shadowlands scaled down? Blizz isn't suicidal.

Order Halls (again)? Let's give players another reason to label Blizz as being unable to deliver non-recycled content. Unless we are talking Dragon clans-halls, this is silly.

No level cap increase? You would take the most basic dopamine rush this game has away from people? Ok...

The Micro-classes...oh dear, God. Panflutes? Violins? lmao...this is WoW, and that is too much generic D&D for even Blizz to implement.
    Last edited by Mavven; 2022-04-04 at 01:40 PM.

We all know Chromatus is actually you. Too much coincidence.
    I'd like to think I can come up with something better than four single-spec classes to (un)fulfill everyone's theories.

"You all get what you asked for, but not the way any you wanted it!". They monkey-pawed that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Less complexity would trump more atm.
    I don't think a complex system would be that bad tho, if its permanent. The issue now is that you need to spend a lot of time learning a system, only to forget about it again in a few years, or in some cases, some months

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Phil View Post
    I would be really worried if there wasn't. I wish they wouldn't have done the level squish because people are afraid of big numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I don't think a complex system would be that bad tho, if its permanent. The issue now is that you need to spend a lot of time learning a system, only to forget about it again in a few years, or in some cases, some months
    It will never be permanent. Not now not ever... classes change each patch and will be reworked every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by m4Zzo928 View Post
    I'd like that. As much as I don't mind Dalaran, its better to have a new place to spend the expansion in.
    It is entirely possible in the introduction scenario that Dalaran is part of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I would be really worried if there wasn't. I wish they wouldn't have done the level squish because people are afraid of big numbers.
    It's nothing to do with people it's the code base they use which was designed for dial-up imternet, bigger numbers actually causes the server to work harder which can cause intermittent lag and different issues.