Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    To each their own but I personally found the sterile, job-like comms of Method to be ResidentSleeper. It doesn't help that Sco has the emotional range of an Elder Scrolls NPC either.
    Well, I would vastly prefer raiding in a calm and focused atmosphere like the Echo or Method atmosphere, albeit more boring, instead of the Liquid clown fiesta. But to each their own.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2022-03-29 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJohn View Post
    Fairly unlikely, since part of the package of Limit joining them was that they made Max part owner (I.e. co owner) of Liquid.
    Seems like they made themselves a bad deal then...

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    What drama? I was asking a perfectly normal question. You may remember that this race or prior races LIMIT, Method and Echo were actually advertising for their respective locations. Are SKPieces actually so jaded they would think someone would waste any of their time to watch them play? Holy shit.
    I was joking, sorry Should have put "jk" at the end of the post.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Those are ancient times you are talking about - BFA is when the RWF started bringing in viewership after the Asian guilds showed there is interest. RWF is more or less figured out and the reason why ppl say theres only 2 guilds competing (echo and liquid) is simply based on the tremendous resources and lengths they are willing to go for an advantage and each of them essentially picking up the best players in the respective regions. Method getting world 2nd is because Liquid essentially quit the race - once the new RWF starts in 10.0 it still going to be between Echo/Liquid excluding one of them quitting raiding.
    I also believe that Method ending second is totally thanks to Liquid having “quit”. BUT even if Method were third, it would have been a hell of an accomplishment due to basically having to rebuild from almost scratch.

I think that by the second raid of next xpac they’ll be really close to Echo/Liquid in matter of hours instead of “next second day” like today.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Seems like they made themselves a bad deal then...
    How so? Looked like they got lots of eyes on the race and their streams.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

i dont think the roster of liquid was the deciding factor in this race at all

15+ Year Old Account
    Fairly unlikely, since part of the package of Limit joining them was that they made Max part owner (I.e. co owner) of Liquid.

Now what could happen is that Max could shake the guild up(add/remove people)or step down from the guild and focus more on directing the Liquid business from a bigger picture. This will likely happen eventually anyway.
    You aren't bawkbasoup, are you?

Eh, I don’t remember people living out of hotels and extending unpaid leave from their jobs and being away from home/family/friends for extra weeks on end. Doesn’t seem like apples/apples.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Just saw method's kill on a VOD, wtf happened to P4 lol. Did they decide to no longer heal Jailer? No one really seemed to be happy either about the kill on their comms, pretty uneventful.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You aren't bawkbasoup, are you?
    Ha! You must recognize BawkBarry

No… but I do like his RE streams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post

I mean, Liquid JUST picked them up. Breaking contract so quickly would be extremely shortsighted move. IF Limit would falter after this race in the future, then it is entirely different matter.
    I don't think they'll break contract, I think third party sponsors will maybe look elsewhere with more of a keen interest though.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Liquid has a net worth of around 300 million $. I really doubt that a wow guild can make such demands to team liquid lol

Quite funny to see the same people who were praising Liquid as the bestest team with the bestest RL and the nicest non-toxic atmosphere, now blaming Max for Liquid's failure. Is it a NA thing not being able to accept a loss and always blame something, just the way Max does? oh the irony...

If it wasn't for Max, Liquid wouldn't even be top 5. I know he can be a childish guy looking for excuses, but he's not the reason Liquid failed. On the contrary, he's the reason Liquid has been doing so well last few years and pushed the competiting guilds to even higher standards. What were NA guilds doing before that? The race has been something between EU guilds for so long.

Liquid lost because Echo was the better team with the better players and support, simple as that. No point in being toxic towards anyone in Liquid as they've done their best and they deserve respect for that in stead of blame or shame. It was a good race and hopefully we will see more good races in the future.

Also gg Method, would be nice to have another competitor next race :>

15+ Year Old Account
    Ha! You must recognize BawkBarry

No… but I do like his RE streams
    Dang. But yes, i like his re stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Ghuntastic View Post
    Liquid has a net worth of around 300 million $. I really doubt that a wow guild can make such demands to an organisation like team liquid.
    Not to be chiding, but I didn’t make conjecture. I was stating a fact. Seems to me that you are making conjecture, however.

Read their official statement if you want.

If you want to nitpick numbers, they likely didn’t give him 50% share, rather something much smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    Eh, I don’t remember people living out of hotels and extending unpaid leave from their jobs and being away from home/family/friends for extra weeks on end. Doesn’t seem like apples/apples.
    Is those were the real reasons then they would have quit entire days earlier, but they basically quit the second they saw Echo get to 0.6%, and then an hour later the boss died.
    They stopped late US business hours, most people were probably not gonna be able to get a flight home until next day, their sudden quit was very unsportsmanlike.
    Sure, they were really tired, but I'm also sure they would have kept going if Echo did not get that close to a kill, that was surely the reason for quitting, they believe in the whole "if you're not #1 then you're last", this had nothing to do with the mental health thing.

Not to be chiding, but I didn’t make conjecture. I was stating a fact. Seems to me that you are making conjecture, however.

Read their official statement if you want.

If you want to nitpick numbers, they likely didn’t give him 50% share, rather something much smaller.
    But you can also market reality more exaggeratedly than it is actually the case. What would be much more realistic is that Limit must first prove a performance debt. You may adorn yourself with the name Liquid and, conversely, receive nothing at all. Unlike Method or Echo, Limit is still a newcomer to the RWF profession. You can also see that Limit's reactions are not exactly professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    What drama? Liquid dropped out of the race. They're not competing for World 2nd.
    Yeah of course. Max will 100% have a whole excuse catalogue with maximased drama involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I don't think they'll break contract, I think third party sponsors will maybe look elsewhere with more of a keen interest though.
    They're still the largest organization in NA. Even with the huge L they still had nearly a month of incredibly profitable streams. Winning is a motivator for the team itself but it likely isn't as big of a deal for the sponsors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shurkien View Post
    Yeah of course. Max will 100% have a whole excuse catalogue with maximased drama involved.
    I mean, it's not an excuse if it's literally what happened.