Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    To all the people defending max, let me toss a scenario at you

Do you like sports? do you watch sports? do you have a fav team?

If you answered yes,

Imagine if your fav team was in the NHL playoffs of whatever sport. It's a 7 game playoff, 4 wins takes the cup and your team so far is losing 3-1.

It's game 5, and the third period is about to start. Your fav team is losing and it's almost 100% certain the other team is going to win the cup. Your fav team decides to just quit and go home and instead of finishing the final period.
    How do you feel? like seriously?

This is just pathetic, i'm ashamed to of been cheering for liquid. Hate Echo, hate EU, doesn't matter because what Liquid AS A WHOLE GUILD decided to do is just out right disrespectful and shameful. They don't deserve to be in the RWF with this kind of childish antic. "Oh we're losing, let's just go home" I don't care how tedious the race is/was? that's what they get paid for so stop using that as an argument.
    The fact that you don't think teams ever just sort of throw in the towel when they know their not going to recover indicates that you don't watch a lot of sports. You're also comparing organized sports with very set match limits to RWF.

I'm glad this race is over so I can stop lacking a big chunk of attention IRL. Big grats to Echo.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    So they’re not fatigued by gaming and playing a game they love. They’re fatigued from the stressful situation of being exposed as pretenders. They lost for the second time in a row now. The only debate we can even have is if Liquid is the second best or if Method and Pieces would actually be better if they had the same advantages Limit has had.
    Method would shame limit, it wouldn't even be fun or pretty...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brb2009 View Post
    It's hilarious hearing someone talking about 'living in the real world' without seemingly understanding how underdeveloped the human brain is in multiple areas. Here's a basic premise for you, before your out-right dismissed and ignored 'Stress' is 'Stress' Good luck, 'living in the real world'
    Someone has an underdeveloped brain for sure lol... What are you even trying to say? Take a big breath and try again...

Sport is always exhausting, physically and mentally. Max and his boys simply dont have what it takes. GGs to Echo.

Grats to Echo, deserved and fair win!

Guys do not take this out on a single guy just because he acted weird under stress or whatever. How many football coaches are complete unlikeable idiots? The people involved on the race did 1000s of concentrated attempts and who would not go mental, really?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyk View Post
    I'm glad this race is over so I can stop lacking a big chunk of attention IRL. Big grats to Echo.
    AMEN!!!

You and me both

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post

This is just pathetic, i'm ashamed to of been cheering for liquid. Hate Echo, hate EU, doesn't .....
    Are you sure about that? Hate is a strong word. What did Echo or the EU ever do to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjay View Post
    It is 100% about Max. THD is literally an awesome dude. Max however, is an incredibly unlikable passive-aggressive drama queen.
    This. Nobody dislikes liquid, but almost everyone dislikes that dude. Cant stand him, especially after what happened yday. Props to every member of liquid, except him.

Amusing people here shit on Max so hard. Scripe to me is much more of an insufferable asshole on his stream usually.

But I get it , this isnt reallllllly about max. its about everyones favourite past time across sports, business and all walks of life.. its just human nature really: Pissing on former champs who were once on top, but have since fallen. Humans love to see someone fall from the top, then piss on them on the way down.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2022-03-27 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Amusing people here shit on Max so hard. Scripe to me is much more of an insufferable asshole on his stream usually.

But I get it , this isnt reallllllly about max. its about everyones favourite past time across sports, business and all walks of life.. its just human nature really: Pissing on former champs who were once on top, but have since fallen. Humans love to see someone fall from the top, then piss on them on the way down.
    Even the winners call for fairness and respect, like Scripe on stream and Naowh in this tweet:

https://twitter.com/Naowhxd/status/1...Gp7aDq2qrAnJ8A

Shouldn't be too hard for us plebs.

Just out of curiosity, what made you think that about Scripe during this race? I watched only Max and Scripe's streams during this race and while Scripe was definitely not the life of the party, I liked the fact that he didn't waste even a minute on drama and stayed focused entirely on strategies, unlike Max who tented to do the opposite, to the point where even his team called him out.

Former champs, laughable. The only reason why the world firsts have come is because method has broken apart. Now that echo has completely renewed itself they look weak again. Wasn't a surprise at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    EU isn't a race. It's nationalism, not racism.
    Europe is a continent and a confederation of 27 european states. Not a nation, not a country, what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    Former champs, laughable. The only reason why the world firsts have come is because method has broken apart. Now that echo has completely renewed itself they look weak again. Wasn't a surprise at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Europe is a continent and a confederation of 27 european states. Not a nation, not a country, what so ever.
    EU-tionalism isn't a word. Nationalism is the closest word to describe the NA vs. EU hostility, even if the EU isn't technically a nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    EU-tionalism isn't a word. Nationalism is the closest word to describe the NA vs. EU hostility, even if the EU isn't technically a nation.
    The word you're looking for is regionalism.

When multiple people in this thread alone have said it's not about Liquid, it's about Max, I genuinely don't know how else to get it across to you. Literally the post above yours says the same thing. It's as if you aren't reading but just replying for the sake of it.

You find Scripe insufferable, that's cool, you are entitled to feel that way about him. Something about him makes you feel a certain way, whether you can explain it or not. I'm not going to try and white knight for him, and I raided with him back MoP when they founded ReM on Stormscale.

Quote Originally Posted by killver View Post
    Man that is cheap Max "We dont care anylonger, but well, congrats Echo, who cares"
    Except he never said something like this.

mentalness is not a word

Think it was pretty lame to concede when they were about to lose. They didn't even need to keep playing just say you're taking a break because people are exhausted and accept the loss. It's kinda undermining the other persons victory when you're having a race and just before your enemy runs over the finish line you proclaim you're giving up. Grats to Echo though for their insane performance. Kinda amazing how they always overcome the time disadvantage they have.

The superior EU team came out on top and that is all there is to it. Aside from preparation and individual skills, mental fortitude, perseverance and patience are a large part of any success. The NA team is looking for reasons to justify their failure, while the failure lies with them and them alone. If the EU team could overcome the difficulty, then so could they, but they simply didn't have what it takes. Instead of this, we got a somewhat culturally expectable explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Heyimyoshyy View Post
    When multiple people in this thread alone have said it's not about Liquid, it's about Max, I genuinely don't know how else to get it across to you. Literally the post above yours says the same thing. It's as if you aren't reading but just replying for the sake of it.

You find Scripe insufferable, that's cool, you are entitled to feel that way about him. Something about him makes you feel a certain way, whether you can explain it or not. I'm not going to try and white knight for him, and I raided with him back MoP when they founded ReM on Stormscale.
    Ah, being a raiding reject from his past (which hes no doubt forgotten about) clearly makes you unbiased in your vendetta crusade against him. Thanks for the self-exposure.

As I said, this thread is full of trolls who arent especially interested in Max, but rather only interested in jumping on the bandwagon to piss on someone falling from the top. It could be someone else in future, but right now its Max.