Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    Whelp, this has run its course and enjoyed seeing Max being an excuse making Andy as usual. See you guys in a year and half for the next raid!
    later man enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I'll second this. To this day I think Paragon's 10M Heroic Gary is one of the most impressive feats ever accomplished by a guild in this game.
    yea the solo heal was insane
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    You seem to be describing an interrupt spell lockout far more than a genuine silence. What raid boss are you referring to anyway?
    so the first part of your comment tells me you're a newer player, the mage interrupt 'counterspell' with the correct talent points spend would apply a silence on the target regardless of whether you interrupted the cast or not for 4 seconds, it wasn't until the great pruning that they combined the functionality of the 'improved counterspell' talent and the functionality of the interrupt itself so if you wanted to silence an enemy you needed to properly time the interrupt whereas before you freely cast counterspell on any target regardless of whether they were casting anything or not and still apply a silence to them.

as far as examples go i would need to look them up because honestly it's been so long and most of the bosses that had some kind of mechanic that required a silence effect were only early/mid tier bosses i forget specifics, but they did exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    yea the solo heal was insane
    Even as a filthy American (though I do have Finnish heritage), I full stanned Paragon back in the day. Wish they still raided. I know Fraggo's on Echo but man. That whole guild was awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    Paragon's prime was very short. First win was TOGC, then ICC, then won the first two tiers of Cata, then done. Came back and got WF Highmaul later but that was it. In contrast, Method got virtually every world first starting from MOP through now, with the exception of Highmaul and the two Limit wins (and if you count Blood Legion getting end boss in HoF).

I'm a huge Paragon fan (likely why I tend to root against Method) and many view them as having an incredibly high peak, but they just don't have the longevity Method/Echo has.
    technically not, because of how TOGC worked, it was Premonition who won the 'true' worlds first, yes paragon killed anub'arak 25hc first of any guild, however they didn't kill the 'hard mode' of the boss first, and due to the precedent set by ulduar at the time people only cared about 'hard mode' first kills, and at the time it was also how wowprogress and guildox tracked first kills, it has to be said though it's still impressive that they are the only guild in the world and will remain so forever to kill LK25HC with no buff in effect, that was their real pinnacle, although i personally love watching the ragnaros heroic kill vid for the sheer amount of co-ordination they had to move a single unit cohesively, it puts some of these newer guys to shame honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingweh View Post
    didnt Limit get banned for real money trading?

- - - Updated - - -

there it is lol...now hes coming out with all the denials about dread lords
    First ban was for helya breath exploit. Second ban was for piloting while doing rmt which blizzard cracked down hard on NA guilds for think about half of the top 20 got nailed because there wasn't really sponsorship then so especially with artifact farming you needed to be able to pay people so guilds ended up doing rmt.

- - - Updated - - -

In a non Max related post (they do exist!) I think this raid was originally intended to be two tiers, with Anduin as last boss of one and Jailer as the next, but they got sandwiched together when Blizz cut a patch from Shadowlands. And even if they did get a patch cut, I think it still would have been better as two raids, just released like 4-6 months apart and with no additional world content. Yes, you'd need a few more bosses (I'd aim for 8 bosses each raid) but that'd make for much better content pacing than one big raid and then presumably a ginormous drought before Dragon Tinker Isles.
    I don't think that's even a question the first 8 bosses are all in a single large area and the last 3 require you to go to an entirely different area that isn't visible at all in the raid. Most likely we would have beat anduin and the raid zone in the next patch would have become a daily hub with the raid entrance to the new raid being where the anduin teleport is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    The excuses and lies rolling in LOL. Boss he said was mathematically impossible during raid he just now said he never said it was impossible. FFS.
    It was impossible to kill before enrage they just didn't think blizzard would let you get away with basically death tanking the boss using necro soulbind post enrage.

Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    I forgot about that ui lol someone should ask Frag to link his current ui I'm curious what it looks like now.
    Last edited by Xath; 2022-03-31 at 12:57 AM.

Lmao this explains the obsession... 36 year old dude sounding like an 8 year old at a celebrity meet event.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Lmao this explains the obsession... 36 year old dude sounding like an 8 year old at a celebrity meet event.

Oooof that's a big yikes.

Glad to see I'm living rent-free in your head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinfoil hat but is there a link to that tweet just to make sure its legit and not fake.

Edit: Well nvm guess he admitted to it.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-03-31 at 01:15 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Oooof that's a big yikes.
    There are a dozen other people saying the same thing in that thread but it's a yikes when I do it? God forbid somebody is positive about anything on Twitter of all places.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Tinfoil hat but is there a link to that tweet just to make sure its legit and not fake.
    https://twitter.com/RelapsesWoW/stat...86213005590531

It's literally the only thing I've ever tweeted since I made an account nearly two years ago.

Glad to see I'm living rent-free in your head.
    Don't flatter yourself. I was more than happy to continue not knowing you exist. It's just so hilarious seeing you simping Max on the one Tweet that I clicked after spending days defending him against 90% of the posters here while pretending to be unbiased. Lmao.

And yes, there's a huge difference between "congrats!" and "Congratulations dude. You guys are my favorite WoW guild of all time." Lmao.

Don't flatter yourself. I was more than happy to continue not knowing you exist. It's just so hilarious seeing you simping Max on the one Tweet that I clicked after spending days defending him against 90% of the posters here while pretending to be unbiased. Lmao.

And yes, there's a huge difference between "congrats!" and "Congratulations dude. You guys are my favorite WoW guild of all time." Lmao.
    Where's the simp? Nothing I said in that Tweet was untrue. I'm not throwing money at him. I'm sorry me being positive to a guy who I'm sure has been exposed to a lot of negativity over the last few days apparently bothers you as much as it does.

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    I wish Blizzard does a post-mortem of Jailer and his HP in P4. I feel like we deserve to know what on earth happened there.

Where's the simp? Nothing I said in that Tweet was untrue. I'm not throwing money at him. I'm sorry me being positive to a guy who I'm sure has been exposed to a lot of negativity over the last few days apparently bothers you as much as it does.
    Alright Norman Bates. Whatever you say.

Method was really down during ICC when Paragon peaked. By the last tier of Cata they were only minutes behind. Fair to say that there's been a bunch of turnover though, but that's true of any guild.

Just how things progress, though, Echo and Limit right now are at an absurd level relative to older world first guilds (just like Paragon was insanely ahead of where guilds like Nihilum were in TBC). It's a totally different game now.
    Yea it is its no where near as popular as it was back then, nor did ppl need a weak aura creator on the raid team or someone raid leading who doesn't play.

Alright Norman Bates. Whatever you say.
    Norman Bates? That's cute. Need I remind you that you're the guy screenshotting Tweets and posting them in this thread like it means anything to anybody other than those way too invested in pointless circlejerking?

Norman Bates? That's cute. Need I remind you that you're the guy screenshotting Tweets and posting them in this thread like it means anything to anybody other than those way too invested in pointless circlejerking?
    Don't forget to renew your sub or you won't able to tell him how much you love him.