Wish we had a new class writer on WoWhead

Kib0 has always put out sub par guides, late, doesn't keep up with the meta, missing lots of useful information, out dated by the time it's posted.

Like go look at the fury warr guide vs havoc DH. The havoc DH one doesn't even tell you what slots are BiS for your leggos. But the BiS raid leggo can only go on head/legs, but his BiS gear page shows using tier on head and legs. So which one are you swapping with leggo???

Obviously this information can be found elsewhere, you can sim all this shit yourself. But FFS, we know the majority of the player base uses that as it's guide. No wonder the community looks down at DH as idiots.

I don't think a subpar guide in terms of "how do I optimally slot my legendary and tier set" would in any sense be a reason that DH are "looked down on as idiots." This is something that doesn't make a lick of difference for the vast majority of players. What other critical info is missing?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    What other critical info is missing?
    Guide mentions 2 talents builds (standard and fbdb), but there are so many variations being played now, including Trail.
    Just 2 builds in the guide? Really?

Also, he puts Burning Wound on prio 3-4 to upgrade on Wednesday, but looking on logs shows this lego highly used (top 100 pareses Anduin HC using BW...). I appreciate his work very very much, it's not easy to spend this much time on free guides, but some parts feel a bit confusing.
    Last edited by DeusX; 2022-03-08 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    Guide mentions 2 talents builds (standard and fbdb), but there are so many variations being played now, including Trail.
    Just 2 builds in the guide? Really?

Also, he puts Burning Wound on prio 3-4 to upgrade on Wednesday, but looking on logs shows this lego highly used (top 100 pareses Anduin HC using BW...). I appreciate his work very very much, it's not easy to spend this much time on free guides, but some parts feel a bit confusing.
    Burning wound is top because we don't have double leggo yet, and 99.9% player base doesn't have 4pc. Burning wounds will still be great if you stay NF, but top will be venthyr. Venthyr cov leggo and darkboon glare will become the meta. Guide doesn't really spell that out, or tell you optimal slot configuration for double leggo and 4 piece.

But you're dead on with the talents. Doesn't tell you which configurations are best for each type of situation, or why/when to use one over the other. The only place where you could find this information is under sepulcher tips. So why are the gearing talent tips only on the raid page, but not the gear and talent pages?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I don't think a subpar guide in terms of "how do I optimally slot my legendary and tier set" would in any sense be a reason that DH are "looked down on as idiots." This is something that doesn't make a lick of difference for the vast majority of players. What other critical info is missing?
    Well no shit, because that's not what I said. Read it again, but slower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Question @Sinfelle you say venthyr leggo + darkglare boon will become the meta, but what about venthyr + collective anguish? Doesn't the extra eye beam add to the duration of of Sinful Brand giving it insane uptime? Genuine question, I main a DH but not all that well versed in whats going to be best and all, being pretty casual and all ;P

What do you lot reckon will be best for mythic+?
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2022-03-11 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Question @Sinfelle you say venthyr leggo + darkglare boon will become the meta, but what about venthyr + collective anguish? Doesn't the extra eye beam add to the duration of of Sinful Brand giving it insane uptime? Genuine question, I main a DH but not all that well versed in whats going to be best and all, being pretty casual and all ;P

What do you lot reckon will be best for mythic+?
    Because of the reset potential on darkglare boon. Collective anguish is a single guaranteed extension (if it hits), but you could potentially just keep chaining eye beam to get a huge duration on sinful brand with darkglare boon.

M+ will be NF with cov leggo and either collective anguish or burning wound

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    No wonder the community looks down at DH as idiots.
    That is not the fault of the guide but the fault of Blizzard, which designed DH as an entry level class with minimal complexity in Legion it has evolved since, but it's too late to correct the initial impression. Also it has the word "hunter" in it, which were the previous "idiot" class ("huntards"). On top of that their design strikes me personally as extremely edgy.
    I don't think every DH is an idiot. But I hate the class for removing MoP Demo WL.

OT: I find it extremely entitled to demand better free content. And most players don't even read guides.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    That is not the fault of the guide but the fault of Blizzard, which designed DH as an entry level class with minimal complexity in Legion it has evolved since, but it's too late to correct the initial impression. Also it has the word "hunter" in it, which were the previous "idiot" class ("huntards"). On top of that their design strikes me personally as extremely edgy.
    I don't think every DH is an idiot. But I hate the class for removing MoP Demo WL.

OT: I find it extremely entitled to demand better free content. And most players don't even read guides.
    Wowhead is a company, and they provide a product to the wow community. Sure it's free, but so are other products like Lost Ark. Does that put them above the opinion of the consumer? It's a weak guide compared to their other guides. They have better formats, but it's not standardized across all the specs.

And i'd venture to say the majority of players that have done anything above LFR content have looked at either an icyveins or WoWhead guide. Not everyone, but the majority. Why do you think everyone runs the same talents? And it's really noticeable when someone goes off meta?

I think people put far to much importance on the leggo... just fit it into your build. If you can sacrifice a tier slot without breaking 4pc go legs. If not just toss it on a belt or something. You won't have bis till mythic jailer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    Because of the reset potential on darkglare boon. Collective anguish is a single guaranteed extension (if it hits), but you could potentially just keep chaining eye beam to get a huge duration on sinful brand with darkglare boon.

M+ will be NF with cov leggo and either collective anguish or burning wound
    I've been running DGB and when you get lucky and can do 2-3 eye beams after each other, it's definitely insane. However I noticed that Echo's havoc DH was running with Collective Anguish during their mythic Jailer kill, and I'm curious why.

I've been running DGB and when you get lucky and can do 2-3 eye beams after each other, it's definitely insane. However I noticed that Echo's havoc DH was running with Collective Anguish during their mythic Jailer kill, and I'm curious why.
    probably for the heal and more predictable proc

Damage consistency and survivability is huge for progression.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see. Thanks for the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by ShellyAnderson View Post
    This is something that doesn't make a lick of difference for the vast majority of players. What other critical info is missing?
    Can you bot owners already go 0/1 irl?