Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Now that Shadowlands is over, what are some things you actually liked about it?

The many abysmal flaws have been discussed to death, but let's try to salvage some small kernels of good memories out of this expac, eh?

I liked that Shadowlands was set in a sky dimension of floating islands. You could see strands of anima floating up into the sky. Gorgeous skyboxes The hyperspace flightpaths were cool.

Having 4 brand new factions that the player could join (Covenants) was a neat concept, even if they weren't very unique and were underdeveloped.

Best part of Shadowlands, for me, will be when it's over.

Aside from that - I struggle to like anything.

Some of the creatures

I know I am going to be in the tiny minority with this, but I really enjoyed the Twisting Corridors Torghast. Slow crawl solo content was exactly what I wanted and it delivered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The many abysmal flaws have been discussed to death, but let's try to salvage some small kernels of good memories out of this expac, eh?

I liked that Shadowlands was set in a sky dimension of floating islands. You could see strands of anima floating up into the sky. Gorgeous skyboxes The hyperspace flightpaths were cool.

Having 4 brand new factions that the player could join (Covenants) was a neat concept, even if they weren't very unique and were underdeveloped.
    The door of Shadows.
    Bwansamdi.
    Art was, and has mostly, always been great.
    And with 9.2, I'm a fan of the Cypher and its gear, as it is something more connected to the world than the instanced content.
    Creature design.
    Seeing Keal'thas again.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I liked how holy paladins and enh shamans played a lot, revendeth and andenweld are also cool looking, every thing else sucked.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    I know I am going to be in the tiny minority with this, but I really enjoyed the Twisting Corridors Torghast. Slow crawl solo content was exactly what I wanted and it delivered.
    Actually, I'll join you on this. It is a great tool but just needs some adjustment to it to be better.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

1+ Year Old Account
    Seeing all the zones and exploring them for the first time was dope!

It has some good calming music

Denathrius is a chad

Questing in Revendreth was fun

.... thats about it. SL has very little things going for it

All the leveling zones were beautiful; the art team doesn't miss on them. TBH I look forward to leveling some alts through them in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Best part of Shadowlands, for me, will be when it's over.

Aside from that - I struggle to like anything.
    Well, I liked Zereth Mortis as a zone and the raids. But other than that... Yeah same vibe as WoD where I Just liked the Raids.

So as usual

- Art team delivers as always on zones
    - Soundtrack is great! Especially Castle Natrhia
    - Loved Denathrius
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

15+ Year Old Account
    I only liked mythic sludgefist. I hated everything else

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually liked SoD raid, until I cleared it the 20th time on 5 chars in LFR @.@ That patch lasted way to long

(I dislike the overall theme of the xpac though and most of the zones. =( Story was also kind annoying, especiall Sylvanas perma appeance. It was really her xpac. I bet she really liked it.)

And ZM is a really good zone. Makes fun to be there, nice music, nice concept. Really relaxing. Looking forward to the LFR raid on wednesday Casual alert I know, I know

So that's about it. SoD raid + ZM zone + probably the last raid
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually really liked the gameplay in Torghast, I just wish that they hadn't turned it in to a mandatory player power system. If it had more cosmetic rewards to work towards while I was still playing, I probably would've stayed subbed for longer.

Loved the level squish and Chromie Time. I spent the Xpac lvling all the allied races and finished off all the core races.
    Music and artwork was fantastic as always. Revendreth was pretty unique for WoW.
    Torghast I'm lukewarm about - I had a lot of fun to begin with but I would've liked some art/gameplay variety in the wings and better rewards. Got old real quick.

Ravendreth. Best zone in years for me.
    Bringing back PVP vendor (though they implemented upgrades in the worst possible manner, resetting the grind every single patch)
    Veteran 20 twinking mayhem. Because having fun for free is pretty good.

The Ember Court. Still working on my party herald title, but that is one of the only things I've enjoyed this xpac. Otherwise, I really cant think of anything. Hell, they didnt even give us a new raiding with leashes
    The greater the light, the darker the shadow. And this light casts a shadow over all I see - the Prophet Velen, when asked what's next for Blizzard

Most of the covenant abilities are pretty awesome (Divine Toll, Abomination limb, convoke, etc), the raids were pretty damn good (Castle Nathria was the best intro raid ever), Zereth Mortis is the best end zone since MoP. I've also really enjoyed the music of ZM, and the look of all the zones was pretty varied and enjoyable.

The changes to the vault (and the new addition of being able to get tier from them) is also an amazing change. The level squish and revamped leveling was also a hugely welcome change. Lego system is much better.

Oh and the new boss rush Torghast is really fun, think if it was like that from the start people would have enjoyed Torghast a lot more.
    Last edited by bledgor; 2022-03-07 at 09:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

I liked the level squish

I liked the 50-60 leveling experience

I really liked playing with Wild Spirits/Resonating Arrow on my hunter

I loved Castle Nathria

Great Vault is much improved on the BFA chest

Legendary system is much improved on Legion legendaries

Timewalking M+ was also very cool

I really like the Renown system. It feels more rewarding than leveling up Artifacts or Azerite, and I love the transmogs. Like I literally think I'll return to Shadowlands content just to do the other campaigns that I never got around to for the mounts and transmog. Looking forward to something similar in 10.0.

I **love** the idea of having different spells for each Covenant, but I wouldve definitely handled it differently. The fact that some were better at different types of content meant that it was necessary to swap. If it were up to me, changing covenants would be a long quest, and Covenant abilities would be disabled in instances. But then add a bunch of cosmetic glyphs to change the appearance of your spells to match the covenant! A Necrolord Warlock shooting Plague Bolts instead of Shadow Bolts would be fucking awesome. The Ashen Hollow spell appearance replacing Consecration. Death Knight Ghouls replaced with Necrolord undead soldiers, or stoneborn?? Stuff like that. So Covenant is more of a thematic choice instead of a "whichever sims best in the content I like"

Really hope they can just give us more glyphs anyway....
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2022-03-07 at 09:36 PM.