Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Let me show you how people can love tech theme and be still against [Tinker] as class idea, basically its problem of iteration that word Tinker, and what it become in WoW universe, if it was Engineer or Technomancer of some sorts that sounds more cooler(daniel) but when people hear Tinker they bound to image it as some gnome/goblin inspired image, if only tech based class had some poster child character that not pure cringe at any moment it does appear in any sort of story.

And its fans not making job easier, such they bound to spam and howl that they are NOT vocal minority, while spamming the very same words and images over and over for a years.

If you know game that called a DotA, there a some characters that was inspired by WC and you can say they somewhat tech based and themed after gnome/goblin tech while doing their comic relief role: Tinker,Timbersaw,Clockwerk,Techies,Gyrocopter.

I love: Timbersaw(lazy lumberjack),Techies(sapper saboteur),Gyrocopter(old af grandpa pilot) their theme is not just a TECH, its tech that themed after some interesting idea, while it keeps its fun part for me.

While i dislike: Tinker(clawpack hands) and Clockwerk(ironman body suit) since i find them both very boring.

And yet none of "Tinker" class ideas for WoW didn't showed any hope on some kind interesting things for me, At best we can hope on some lazy copy-paste of Engineer from GW2, and that's at BEST way to steal others game class idea, and worst case scenario its gonna be some Teriz wet dream D.Va clone with PoKeT FactORy.
    My idea of a Tinker is more like Techies. I think something like a Hunter only instead of a nature-themed outdoorsy type, they are the ones spraying bullets and throwing bombs and stuff.

My favorite analogy to use is if Hunters are like Hawkeye Tinkers would be more like Rocket Raccoon than Iron Man.

Now I want an MMO-C inspired Keyboard Warrior spec.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Now I want an MMO-C inspired Keyboard Warrior spec.
    But WoW already has playable Trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    No, that can't be possible.

They can't transform without specific knowledge of Engineering. Someone on this forum said it so it must be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    No?? You can’t use any engineering or any form of technology unless you have an incredible deep knowledge on exactly how that item works.

You don’t know every single intricacy of your cell phones and computers?
    It's amusing how people default to mocking what they don't understand (or refuse to understand) but it's fine.

By the way? Since you decided to go for real life comparisons, the 'tinker' is not your average person using a phone as they cross the road right as the traffic light goes from red to green. The tinker is the guy designing and creating that phone. The 'tinker' is not the average person using a computer and complaining their Chrome is so slow with dozens upon dozens of open tabs. He's the guy designing and creating the hardware and software in that computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's amusing how people default to mocking what they don't understand (or refuse to understand) but it's fine.

By the way? Since you decided to go for real life comparisons, the 'tinker' is not your average person using a phone as they cross the road right as the traffic light goes from red to green. The tinker is the guy designing and creating that phone. The 'tinker' is not the average person using a computer and complaining their Chrome is so slow with dozens upon dozens of open tabs. He's the guy designing and creating the hardware and software in that computer.
    The only thing that needs to be understood is that the Tinker is whatever Blizzard wills it to be.

They can be Engineers. They can be completely separate from Engineers. They can even be magic users if Blizzard wants them to be. That's the only thing that needs to be understood.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    If you take my post that seriously, it was meant as a joke. I know you're not as bad as "he who shall not be named".

I really just want a good Necromancer or the like class implemented. Or a cool mail class (maybe a melee spellcaster?)
    I hope I'm not as bad as "he who shall not be named". I just like thinking of cool things to add and not just the Tinker, Necro, Dark Ranger options. I see now you mean no disrespect, so neither do I to you.
    I even have a bunch of silly ones that no one else would think of because I like seeing how far down the rabbit hole I can go before it doesn't make sense. xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

I'm ashamed to say I misread it as "Chromie". I was like "She got her own browser now?!"

not sure what made mmo champs so hyped about dragonsworn who's only reference is this https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dragonsworn.

pretty much any other class that has been suggested around here are more likely to become playable over them.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandling View Post
    I hope I'm not as bad as "he who shall not be named". I just like thinking of cool things to add and not just the Tinker, Necro, Dark Ranger options. I see now you mean no disrespect, so neither do I to you.
    I even have a bunch of silly ones that no one else would think of because I like seeing how far down the rabbit hole I can go before it doesn't make sense. xD

- - - Updated - - -

I'm ashamed to say I misread it as "Chromie". I was like "She got her own browser now?!"
    tbf, silly classes can be fun. FFXIV does that well with Blue Mage, absolutely insane and over the top (learning enemy abilities) and can only be used in very specific pieces of content. But it's fun!
    Now I know that will never work in WoW (2 totally different games, with different audiences etc etc) but sometimes silly can work. It's why I keep hoping for a Bard class, or a dragonsworn class.

And with dragonsworn I don't mean "they're dragon humans" but just horde/alliance champions that got empowered by whatever the dragonflights have left to fight against <insert big bad evil X here>. That would work best lorewise imo.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post

And with dragonsworn I don't mean "they're dragon humans" but just horde/alliance champions that got empowered by whatever the dragonflights have left to fight against <insert big bad evil X here>. That would work best lorewise imo.
    I completely agree.

opportunity for a tinker was 8.2 patch with the mechagnomes and is still there, blizzard was on a train they could not or did not want to jump off when asked then about a tinker class. had the mechagnome been made either faction neutral (still can). all the models for for use to make a tinker are in the game from mechanical beasts to mechanical suits. along with the movement and attack mechanics, a quick easy new class even if they used goblins for the horde side

below are models (i probably missed alot) to use or modify, some are color variations
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=152392/corroded-coilbearer
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=154153/enforcer-kx-t57
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=152983/data-anomaly
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=153523/enraged-rustbot
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=152007/killsaw
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=153067/m...zed-coilbearer
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=151124/m...nian-nullifier

tinker would be easy, using druid and hunter abilities with simple rewording

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    opportunity for a tinker was 8.2 patch with the mechagnomes and is still there, blizzard was on a train they could not or did not want to jump off when asked then about a tinker class. had the mechagnome been made either faction neutral (still can). all the models for for use to make a tinker are in the game from mechanical beasts to mechanical suits. along with the movement and attack mechanics, a quick easy new class even if they used goblins for the horde side

below are models (i probably missed alot) to use or modify, some are color variations
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=152392/corroded-coilbearer
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=154153/enforcer-kx-t57
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=152983/data-anomaly
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=153523/enraged-rustbot
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=152007/killsaw
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=153067/m...zed-coilbearer
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=151124/m...nian-nullifier

tinker would be easy, using druid and hunter abilities with simple rewording
    So just a class skin? Might as well do that then.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Let me show you how people can love tech theme and be still against [Tinker] as class idea, basically its problem of iteration that word Tinker, and what it become in WoW universe, if it was Engineer or Technomancer of some sorts that sounds more cooler(daniel) but when people hear Tinker they bound to image it as some gnome/goblin inspired image, if only tech based class had some poster child character that not pure cringe at any moment it does appear in any sort of story.

And its fans not making job easier, such they bound to spam and howl that they are NOT vocal minority, while spamming the very same words and images over and over for a years.

If you know game that called a DotA, there a some characters that was inspired by WC and you can say they somewhat tech based and themed after gnome/goblin tech while doing their comic relief role: Tinker,Timbersaw,Clockwerk,Techies,Gyrocopter.

I love: Timbersaw(lazy lumberjack),Techies(sapper saboteur),Gyrocopter(old af grandpa pilot) their theme is not just a TECH, its tech that themed after some interesting idea, while it keeps its fun part for me.

While i dislike: Tinker(clawpack hands) and Clockwerk(ironman body suit) since i find them both very boring.

And yet none of "Tinker" class ideas for WoW didn't showed any hope on some kind interesting things for me, At best we can hope on some lazy copy-paste of Engineer from GW2, and that's at BEST way to steal others game class idea, and worst case scenario its gonna be some Teriz wet dream D.Va clone with PoKeT FactORy.
    To be honest, a technology themed class could be pretty cool, the problem is that especially with Gnomes and to a lesser extent Goblins, the entire theme has been used in a pretty whimsical and uncool capacity. Like, yeah, there is a reason why those two are among the least popular races, Goblin having an a bit better standing than Gnomes due to their racial, and its that they are just not cool. They are pure jokes, even above the Pandaren who are whimsical yet have at least some pretty interesting concepts build around them.

I think another example of a tech class done cool is probably the Machinist in FF14, which in the past used torents until they were just able to summon an actual combat robot in battle. The western inspired aesthetic is pretty appealing, they have very flashy animations and actually utilize pretty cool gadgets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    To be honest, a technology themed class could be pretty cool, the problem is that especially with Gnomes and to a lesser extent Goblins, the entire theme has been used in a pretty whimsical and uncool capacity. Like, yeah, there is a reason why those two are among the least popular races, Goblin having an a bit better standing than Gnomes due to their racial, and its that they are just not cool. They are pure jokes, even above the Pandaren who are whimsical yet have at least some pretty interesting concepts build around them.

I think another example of a tech class done cool is probably the Machinist in FF14, which in the past used torents until they were just able to summon an actual combat robot in battle. The western inspired aesthetic is pretty appealing, they have very flashy animations and actually utilize pretty cool gadgets.
    You use the smaller races to allow mech piloting in class form. You can't have massive mechs within classes, but a Gnome inside a mech that makes them as large as an armored male tauren or draenei works just fine.

They're the least popular races because they have no class that fits their unique racial theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You use the smaller races to allow mech piloting in class form. You can't have massive mechs within classes, but a Gnome inside a mech that makes them as large as an armored male tauren or draenei works just fine.

They're the least popular races because they have no class that fits their unique racial theme.
    Why should Blizzard make the risky decission to make a new class exclusive to their least popular races, especially when they directly come out of an expansion that was received badly and a lot of controversies that damaged their reputation in the community and are now in the position of having to deliver something that wins back the fanbases favor, even more so after months of basically being publicly beaten down by FF14? Especially if we consider that Blizzards devs don't seem to be particularily interested in heroes from these races, there was little in terms of making gnome or goblin characters prominent and iconic figures of the franchise over the last few years. We are not talking Demon Hunters, who have been a widely requested class by the majority of the community with their representative being one of the series most well known and beloved faces who are restricted to two of the most popular and most often played races in the game.

We are talking about the idea of making a class requested by a fringe minority only present on an inofficial forum who are represented by pretty niche characters and who would be restricted to the least popular classes in the entire game. Like, is this rational? Especially with everything pointing towards a Dragon themed expansion? I also find the idea that gnomes and goblins are only unpopular due to a tinker class pretty questionable, considering the fact that the most popular races in the games tend to be those who look visually and aesthetically appealing and dignified, with beast like races coming afterwards.

Hope you feel stupid now.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

Blizzard can only make classes based off wc3. Well Tinker is not coming again see you in 2 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post
    Blizzard can only make classes based off wc3. Well Tinker is not coming again see you in 2 yrs
    Well, kinda doubt they would follow up with another class so soon.

Probably be more like 4 years. *sigh*

haha op is a big phony!

Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post
    You guys have been saying that since.... well, forever. It's always "tinker is going to be the new class now!" and when the class revealed is not tinker, then it's always "tinker is coming in the next expansion, see you in four years!"

Also, this statement of "Blizzard can only make classes based off Warcraft III" is a fallacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Well, kinda doubt they would follow up with another class so soon.

Probably be more like 4 years. *sigh*
    Right but some people will be on there in a a year to tell us Tinker is next