Thread: The Oscars

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yea, you did. You implied their open relationship was somehow responsible for him slapping Chris because he saw his wife was mad and had to white knight. Sorry, did I misinterpret your implication? Because otherwise him being a “cuck”, as you put it, has fuck all to do with it. Lots of men in monogamous relationships don’t get mad until they see their wife is mad. It has nothing to do with being in an open relationship and everything to do with their reaction to seeing their partner injured. Doesn’t excuse his slap, but your nonsense is just that.
    "Will Smith is such a little bitch lmao. Oh no my wife is bald. She's a public figure at a public event where a comedian gave the lightest possible joke considering she out there fuckin. Will Smith laughed until his wife gave him a look and like a good little cuck he went up and acted without thinking by slapping a man smaller than him. Wouldn't have slapped August tho.

Stop worrying abt your wife's name in other men's mouth. Start worrying about your wife actually being in other men's mouth. No one respects him anymore.

Also lol at "medical condition". Its literally just baldness. Same severity of facial acne, or eczema. Not even an illness, its just karma"

This is what I said. I said he's a bitch because he thought it was funny until his wife manipulated him.

And I said her losing her hair is karma for her cheating.

You are the one sounding very defensive here. Im sure these millionaire's are gonna be ok without vegas82, Scooby-Doo profile pic guy defending them in the offtopic section of a warcraft fan site.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    so how about that Best Picture
    Should've gone to The Power of the Dog or Dune, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Everyone needs to stop using this term. It's just the medical term for baldness. Absolutely nothing else. Unless you wanna go on a tirade about everyone who is affected by baldness, stop using a medical term to make it seem more severe than it actually is. Being bald isn't noteworthy in any way, nor is it serious. Now, she might have underlying conditions, but no one has said anything about those being the case and is just citing "Alopecia" like it somehow is worse than just regular baldness. It's not.
    Well, it's alopecia arreta...which is sudden and unpredictable hairloss

The point being...it's something that Jada is particularly sensitive about and it should not have been joked about.

And again, Smith shouldn't have gotten up and slapped Rock over it. It would have been better if he layed into him about it during his acceptance speech.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Acting like this will result in both him and Jada to get more jokes thrown at them I imagine.

Was the joke in bad taste? Well, that's subjective... making a public display of it isn't exactly a good idea though, just because of this subjective view on jokes. Some will support, but some will throw more jokes at you because of it.
    It was surely handled poorly... if a joke gets personal. Talk to them and mention it. One joke for one person could be hilarious, while for another is devastating even if they are in the same situation. Just because you get offended by a joke doesn't mean the joke was ill intended.

When people have told jokes that hurt me one way or another I've just explained it to them and what happens? They say sorry and won't do that joke anymore to me, unless they of course wants to hurt me, then you might be more justified in reacting harshly depending on context since there is malice there.

it's even more bizarre when a staple on these award shows is having a comedian, making fun of the award winners and attendees. But yeah, jokes are funny until they are aimed at you I guess.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-03-28 at 05:01 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Will the people that are defending Will Smith here abstain from making bald jokes to balding men as well? Maybe punch people making bald jokes?

10+ Year Old Account
    And, yeah, she doesn’t have cancer. She has alopecia. Which is still an uncontrolled medical condition leading to the issues. Just because she doesn’t face potential death doesn’t mean it’s any less emotional to deal with for her. Saying you need to laugh more and getting to that point are two very different things.
    "Alopecia" is just the medical/Latin for "hair loss". Every single man with a bald spot has alopecia. We can comfortably insert the word "balding" instead of "alopecia".

Jada Smith may have emotional attachment to her hair, but unless there's an underlying condition causing the alopecia (like she was fighting cancer and the chemo was causing hair loss, say), it's a bit weird as hell to say she's suffering from a "medical condition", when you wouldn't apply that same standard to the vast number of balding men out there.

I'm not saying she should be a valid target for mockery or that she's wrong to get emotional about it, I'm just taking issue with describing alopecia itself as a "medical condition" as if she's seriously ill. We wouldn't describe a man with a receding hairline that way, and it's the same thing.

So Chris Rock did a cameo on Fresh Prince and they’ve seen each other at parties. Doesn’t exactly make them close…

- - - Updated - - -

Guys, careful where you’re going here. Feels an awful lot like “all the black celebs are tight.”

And, yeah, she doesn’t have cancer. She has alopecia. Which is still an uncontrolled medical condition leading to the issues. Just because she doesn’t face potential death doesn’t mean it’s any less emotional to deal with for her. Saying you need to laugh more and getting to that point are two very different things.
    Jesus but the entire point of comedy, is to take something negative and make it something funny. Honestly that's why people make fun of themselves, as a way to cope.

Chris rock want trying to hurt her like that, it was a little light hearted jab.that even her husband found it amusing at first.

She needs to take her bald ass head off her high horse. Hopefully she doesn't land on some other dude's meat on her way down.

Like imagine taking yourself that seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    They edited half the screen seamlessly in real time? Because they're both there on screen, he's laughin and she's fuming.

At best, I'd say he didn't quite get the G.I. Jane joke (which is a pretty fucking specific and outdated reference anyway), at worst, as other people are saying, he only got violent because he thought it was what she wanted.
    It wasn't split screen. The Oscars are on a 7 second delay from the truck with a multiple-camera setup.

If you look at the footage slowed there are 2 seconds in the transitions from Smith laughing at the previous joke and his smile dropping. The cutaway back to rock happens in the frame. That's a 1-2 call from the director and is done on live TV routinely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, posters that spent years patting themselves on the back for supporting BLM.
    Same posters now telling black women, "learn to take a joke".

Ongoing in: Gamers are shit for allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Not sure that's deflection.

Why should she be off-limits?.
    Moving goal posts now?

The Oscars isn't a roast session.
    That's the end of it. It's not rocket science.

You know if it hurt her so bad why didn't she walk up on stage and slap Chris herself. Useless diva.

Bet she she thanked Will by cucking him again later that night

Y'all weren't interested in discussing these movies or their awards show before last night, and in the course of this morning made up a 16 page thread talking about two celebrities slapping each other. That is off-topic for this subforum, so this thread is being closed. Stop being the lowest common denominator.