Thread: Oscars slap.

Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    The Case is still open. Nobody knows what would have happened because he fled.
    He plead guilty. He fled before he could be sentenced. Conviction and Sentencing are two different things. He knew he was going to be sentenced for longer than he could accept...so he ran.

It's not an open case. Though there are other rape cases involving him that are still open.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

15+ Year Old Account
    Will hasnt been convicted of slapping chris so its just an alleged slap anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    No, I don't excuse Will Smith at all. What he did was wrong. If Chris Rock wants to press charges... he can. If the Academy wants to take disciplinary action...they can.

I just don't think that he needs to go to jail for a single open-handed slap. Chris Rock apparently doesn't think that either. The police are deferring to the victim's wishes.

None of it involves you. So, yes, keep throwing your tantrum. Yell "FUCK WILL SMITH!" so all the world can hear it... but don't expect it to matter to anyone.

No you’re down playing it and disingenuously suggesting one wrong excuses another.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Fuck that, and fuck apologism for child rape.

Polanski plead guilty, and then fled before sentencing. Claiming it's only "alleged" is apologism for statutory rapists.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, he fled before sentencing, but he was convicted.

And the Academy knew this when he won the award?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

This is dope, love this guy and the tunes he makes. This is about the extent of how much I continue to care, only in so far as I'm entertained by rich people doing rich people things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Will hasnt been convicted of slapping chris so its just an alleged slap anyway
    Technically yes.

TV Is edited. They do skits all the time.

No you’re down playing it and disingenuously suggesting one wrong excuses another.
    No you are equating "I don't see a need for Will Smith to go to jail" to "Will Smith did nothing wrong".

Will Smith did wrong. Slapping Chris Rock was the wrong way to handle the situation. He apologized. Chris Rock isn't pressing charges. The Academy is still looking into the matter themselves. If they decide to implement their own form of punishments...that's up to them.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

15+ Year Old Account
    Technically yes.

TV Is edited. They do skits all the time.
    Oh honey

He ran in 1978. He won the Award for Best Picture in 2003.

10+ Year Old Account
    No you are equating "I don't see a need for Will Smith to go to jail" to "Will Smith did nothing wrong".

Will Smith did wrong. Slapping Chris Rock was the wrong way to handle the situation. He apologized. Chris Rock isn't pressing charges. The Academy is still looking into the matter themselves. If they decide to implement their own form of punishments...that's up to them.
    That isn’t how that works when you assault someone or commit a crime you face consequences.

But hell then I guess Polanski has been punished enough right he left the country right?

Fucking hysterical watching them just nail wrong thing after wrong thing in a tantrum where they havent had one single thing to their way.

15+ Year Old Account
    That isn’t how that works when you assault someone or commit a crime you face consequences.

But hell then I guess Polanski has been punished enough right he left the country right?
    Its 2022 and he thinks rich people face consequences beheehehe

10+ Year Old Account
    So 20 years ago. Again I don’t defend I disagree he should have gotten that and he should be in prison for life.

The difference is that was then, this is now and this happened at the awards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also won Best Director in '81, which was WAY closer in time to the actual case.

The victim doesn't want to press charges. Any consequences Will Smith faces will be from the Academy.

You act like Will Smith is the first person to ever slap someone and not have charges filed against him.

This doesn't even deserve to be dignified with a response. You're comparing the rape of a 13 year old with a slap.

Do fucking better.

reset the clock, the yikes takes are back again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Its 2022 and he thinks rich people face consequences beheehehe
    Doesn’t mean they shouldn’t

I don't know if anyone posted Jaden's response.

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/wi...ith-chris-rock

The family is shitty for condoning violence and this response just nullifies Will's sentiments.

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn’t mean they shouldn’t
    But they dont, as there are several quadrillions of examples *cough* *polanski* *cough*. Sorry, allergy season

10+ Year Old Account
    The victim doesn't want to press charges. Any consequences Will Smith faces will be from the Academy.

You act like Will Smith is the first person to ever slap someone and not have charges filed against him.

This doesn't even deserve to be dignified with a response. You're comparing the rape of a 13 year old with a slap.

Do fucking better.
    No no I didn’t bring Polanski into the this and I unlike you never condoned him or him being in the Academy.

But your double standard not withstanding. We apply the law or we don’t. It’s subjective or it isn’t.

Will Smith committed a Crime a serious one physical assault.

At the Academy with witnesses.

You’re turning a blind eye and clinging to a tactic for your double standard.