10+ Year Old Account

9.2.5 Is looking to open more doors for roleplaying

Hello there, and good evening.

So, snooped around some of 9.2.5 and it is looking great for people like me, who work with events and campaigns.
    Of course, there could be some more tweaks here and there, but right now, it permits me to rid of Elixir of Tongues, as well as the Cross-RP addon.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/cross-f...2-5-ptr-326509

Language
    The most noticeable change is that you will understand the other player as long as they are speaking common or orcish, including emotes. This change happens not only for party or instance chat, but also for /say. Note that this is only true for players in your group, you still can't understand language from the opposite-faction ungrouped players.
    Mailing
    One big change with all of this is that now cross-faction mail is unrestricted. You may send items, gold, and everything else through mail between factions, even to players you don't share communities with, or isn't part of your friends list. This also means you can mail your own opposite faction alts as well.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

That sounds nice in theory. But you still can't just group up with the Alliance, right? You have to have them in your community or I guess BattleTag? Or Group Finder in a pinch.
    That's still a bit troublesome where it comes to extra steps to make.

I wonder if that's the long-term plan of it, or just a technical limitation for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Hello there, and good evening.

So, snooped around some of 9.2.5 and it is looking great for people like me, who work with events and campaigns.
    Of course, there could be some more tweaks here and there, but right now, it permits me to rid of Elixir of Tongues, as well as the Cross-RP addon.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/cross-f...2-5-ptr-326509
    That's only for people who are in the same group as you. So you'll still need Elixir of Tongues, unless you group with everyone you RP with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    That's only for people who are in the same group as you. So you'll still need Elixir of Tongues, unless you group with everyone you RP with.
    Indeed, correct, but still, 40 people are a good event size, and campaigns are normally divided into multiple raid groups. For larger events, yeah, Tongues is needed to talk to other raid groups.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Indeed, correct, but still, 40 people are a good event size, and campaigns are normally divided into multiple raid groups. For larger events, yeah, Tongues is needed to talk to other raid groups.
    True true, I wasn't thinking about organized events, but like organic RP out in the world(I don't RP myself, so not really aware the full scope of it). Sounds like their solution is gonna be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !