Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    No, because the OP is about PLAYING parts of the game and hating them.

I said on what you quoted that I had decided to not play >20 m+ at all.
    I was talking about talking shit about class balance. Your OP was stupid af, that's why I called it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mentaldemise View Post
    In regards to the OP, I've been around the Warcraft/Starcraft franchise for over 20 years now, a lot of my big moments in my life all had 1 thing in common, I was playing WoW at the time, so of course, I'll always have that soft spot in my heart for the game, however, the past 5 years of warcraft have just been an absolute train wreck in almost every way and it doesn't seem to be getting better.

To put it into a metaphor, imagine having a really close friend that you've known for a large portion of your life, only for them to start smoking meth and being a menace to everyone, that's essentially what warcraft is at the moment to a lot of people where they remember all the good times and hope that'll get on the straight and narrow again and you can be friends with them again, but atm all you really can do is criticize them.

Having people angry at the game means that people still care about it, when these forums begin to go silent, that's when you should worry about what people think about warcraft.
    Considering the game was never perfect, people often equate their real life with the quality of the game.

Also people often have a hard time separating them being bored of the game with the game being bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Your OP was stupid af
    It's not stupid, if you have no arguments that prove it.

PS you hating what you read is not an argument.

It's not stupid, if you have no arguments that prove it.

PS you hating what you read is not an argument.
    How is waiting for double lego and getting a tier set "hating"? Tell me how... you have no arguments for that. We want to FINALLY get it so we can do what we want - progress, parsing, pushing. How is claiming that being glad that you finished a progression system means that you shouldn't play the game? So being glad that you finally kill a boss is meaning that you hate the boss/progression? Do you even think before you type?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think one of the aspects of the human condition the OP misses is that it's entirely possible, and pretty common, for someone to maintain a set of seemingly contradictory emotions about a given thing. I enjoy WoW in the aggregate sense, and usually have a goodly amount of fun playing it, but there are some things I dislike about it and I can be quite vocal on those matters when they come up. I doubt anyone maintains a 100% love or 100% hate of most things, human emotions are usually a mixed bag.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think one of the aspects of the human condition the OP misses is that it's entirely possible, and pretty common, for someone to maintain a set of seemingly contradictory emotions about a given thing. I enjoy WoW in the aggregate sense, and usually have a goodly amount of fun playing it, but there are some things I dislike about it and I can be quite vocal on those matters when they come up. I doubt anyone maintains a 100% love or 100% hate of most things, human emotions are usually a mixed bag.
    There is also the venting of dissatisfaction by players about the decisions the devs make on certain aspects of the game, and people reading that as hate towards the game. It's no secret that there is a general consensus that the past few expansions weren't as good as players are used to from blizzard and that sentiment hasn't changed much. Personally, I also came to dislike the direction of the game and decided that it is no longer worth the money and time. I hope things can change in wow for the better, I still like classic but I can't keep playing a game just for nostalgia or sit and wait until it gets better.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

I keep reading:

1. "I can't wait for the tier set protection system", " I can't wait for double leggo", "I can't wait for when it's easy" (in general)

2. "Phew we're done with this tier", "it was so painful", "I'm not pulling this boss again!".

3. "that was a much needed vacation from the game"

maybe you don't want to play.
    tbh, when i come here, i expected a thread about the „many wow players behave like they can’t let go their (ex)girlfriend“ problem. because what i personally saw most of the time, the last 2-3 years, are ppl still playing the game, but do not like it anymore that much.

in that case, i would had some statements:

i don’t wanna come to their defensive, but critics on above mentioned ppl should also consider those 2 things:

1)
    a MMORPG, when played for many years, often is a huge investment. ppl invested much time into collecting stuff, play their character, adventure things and so on. also some connection with your character, built ovr years, is a form of investment. and its normal for humans, that they wanna protect their investments. so a strange mutual exclusive situation comes up, when the previous said things meet a game, you no longer have that much fun in.

2)
    that said (point1), i can understand why ppl complain, when they don’t like some modern wow, completely different from what was wow was years ago. they committed themselfes to a game, and invested much, that later was changed. this makes some „when you don’t like it, don’t play it“ comments not so easy as they sound. because these ppls never committed themselfes and their investment to a todays wow. they committed themselves to a yesterdays wow. invested a lot. and then everything was changed. its normal, that this pisses ppls of.

but, as i said, this seems not to be the topic here. i stated it anyway. so maybe just ignore it.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-03-29 at 12:43 PM.

I think it comes down to a balancing act... There are aspects of the game people enjoy that over the years have been drawn out with lengthy often pointless grinds so it becomes a "is this worth it question"

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    of course but unfortunately people are vocal when they don't get what they want/expect and rarely when they are happily surprised or satisfied.
    Professional critiques will talk about the good, regurlar folks won't.

If people could exert some restraint, it would be a much better community where you don't get shit on for liking any part of the current expansion.

I've often prevented myself from posting positive feedback because I knew from experience that I would face a "shitstorm" of aggressive comments not for thinking differently but in a positive way about the game...

When did this game have no grinding? I first subscribed in early TBC and I had seen some of Vanilla. Grinding on mundane content and pushing for the hard kill was always the MO.
    You're addressing a point I didn't even make I think? I honestly can't tell.

I hate retail but play classic just join us.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Except that isn't what Blizzard wants. I think Blizzard would rather these players just fucked off instead of clogging up every feedback thread with 10,000,000,000 IQ suggestions like, "just make WotLK again." These people desperately clinging onto the retail version of this game like it'll somehow magically return to whatever random version of the game they've idealized in their minds are the worst aspect of the community.

The other thing that I always find funny about WoW is how players seem to think that it's WoW's job to deliver every gaming experience imaginable all at once. It can't just be a MMO. It has to be a MMO, a single player experience, a dungeon grinding experience, a raiding experience, a {insert any game mode from any other game that's ever existed here} experience... and it has to be the best fucking experience that's ever existed otherwise Blizzard clearly just hates its customers. I don't envy WoW developers at all because they have to sift through layers and layers of pointless feedback from people who do not or cannot separate their desire to play a video game with their desire to play WoW and only WoW.
    Holy crap--finally somebody that literally took from my head what I've been thinking for so so long.

I'll be honest, I'm really tired of this regressive idea that criticism equals hate. People love the game and continue to play even though it's arguably in the worst state it has ever been. There is also little to look forward to as info is scant changes they've made are community changes requested for years, the game shouldn't have these issues anyway as these have been common complaints for years, etc....
    Just because they aren't happy to see the game in its current state, does not mean they hate the game or are actively hoping to see the game fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikishock View Post
    Holy crap--finally somebody that literally took from my head what I've been thinking for so so long.
    The problem then comes down to what one do you choose? In all likelihood it would be the dungeon and raid experience since it has always been wows strong suit.

The development team isn't faultless here they purposely tried to chase every market at once only to end up appealing to no one in particular. WoW only has the playerbase it does now from a combination of inheriting it from back when mmos were a novel experience and from having the best instanced content.

It seems a rather perilous position.

..."I can't wait for when it's easy"...
    Sounds like a MMO built as "the most casual player friendly experience in gaming" still has casuals lingering around wanting that experience again.

It says alot when people roll new characters to play and abandon before max level because they do not want anything to do with the daily grind at endgame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    I never hated anyone or anything when it is about Blizzard. That just would be way too many emotions for something pathetic like a computer game and the people who work on it.

They simply cannot stand criticism. As like some posters on this thread. So they turn every criticism into "attacks" and every critical player into a "hater".
    Yeah, You are closer to the real truth of it all. People are taking non-personal criticisms of a game as personal attacks against themselves using the game as a proxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodreh View Post
    Sounds like a MMO built as "the most casual player friendly experience in gaming" still has casuals lingering around wanting that experience again.

It says alot when people roll new characters to play and abandon before max level because they do not want anything to do with the daily grind at endgame.
    Being easier then losing level upon dying and instantly wining should have more gray area then these forums suggest...

The problem isn't wow it's this weird expectation that making things so simple they end up as tedium makes the game better.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Because grinding and timegating isn't fun, and waiting for catch up gear and nerfs so that you can waste as little of your time on tedious prerequisite work so you can get around to playing through the content you actually wanted to play in the first place is the optimal way to play WoW if you are no longer a teenager with unlimited free time.
    Sorry, but i disagree with Grinding; but the issue in WoW is not Grinding, but timegating, F***ING TIMEGATING! If you could for example grind all rep in let's say even 2 days of playtime, that's ok, the big issue is when you have both Grinding stuff endlessly and timegating, making Grinding not useful or even painful, when you need to do both; grinding endlessly and being stuck because of the f***ing timegating-crap.

Grinding at least let you process into the game, and yes, sometimes i loved to grind stuff in TBC to get the marks and progress in the reputation; at least it didn't involved timegating.

Because at least you progress; this is not the case when you always have a: hey, let's increase Daily active user-count by delaying everything as loooooooooooooong as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

They simply cannot stand criticism. As like some posters on this thread. So they turn every criticism into "attacks" and every critical player into a "hater".
    And that's saying someone who posted something like this:

Hopefully. A world without nowadays WoW is a better world.
    This is not a criticism, this is the definition of being a "hater".
    Last edited by Velerios; 2022-03-29 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Even more astonishing is the number of people who hate the game, have quit or not, and spend a ton of time posting the same complaints over and over and over.

That said, vacations from the game are fine. You don't have to hate the game to take a few months off and use the extra money to buy another game. You don't need to visit the theme park every goddamn day and it doesn't mean you hate it when you don't. When you've done everything that interests you it's nuts not to take some time away; even more so to keep paying for it when it's so easy to resubscribe and return.
    don’t put Blizzards monetization team stupid ideas into their brains, before we read in 10.0: „cancelling or pause your account deletes your characters.“

don’t forget: a small Bobby is in everyone of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    The problem then comes down to what one do you choose? In all likelihood it would be the dungeon and raid experience since it has always been wows strong suit.

The development team isn't faultless here they purposely tried to chase every market at once only to end up appealing to no one in particular. WoW only has the playerbase it does now from a combination of inheriting it from back when mmos were a novel experience and from having the best instanced content.

It seems a rather perilous position.
    Agreed. Blizzard needs to determine who their target audience is and what their core game design elements are and build from a position of strength. Right now they are trying to include everything and appease everybody and like you said--it leads to failure and with most all people unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikishock View Post
    Agreed. Blizzard needs to determine who their target audience is and what their core game design elements are and build from a position of strength. Right now they are trying to include everything and appease everybody and like you said--it leads to failure and with most all people unhappy.
    Blizzards and Activision tries relentlessly to make wow into an e-sport-title in every aspect; just look at mythic+; dungeons are already mostly ruined because of it, since blizzard only builds them to appease the esport-audience, but (nearly) no one wants this; luckily the golddigger-phase of having an e-sport-title is slowly dying down, and the gaming industry now focus more on other things like nft-scams.