Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    We currently have clues in the game that point towards Dark Rangers, Tinkers, "Dragonsworn", and who knows what else. But until those possibilities are narrowed down to just one option, it's always going to be premature to say anything's been definitively proven.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Yeah but they have datamined evidence of quests being updated and changed along with maps of the areas for the DR side quest.
    A lot of the updates seem like "ctrl-F" kind of changes. We know they are updating the Silvermoon area for a questline and it's more likely that the hypothetical DR quest had assets created and now they are reusing those assets in the update.
    Just going from a development stand point, the initial inclusion was 8.1.5 which means it was probably began to be developed and dropped, there are no follow on quests that can be datamined so the initial idea of whatever it was supposed to be died. I highly doubt blizz sat on this quest as an "oh shit the game is trash, people will like this" as it's not complete. Reusing assets happens all the time though and this situation reminds me of when everyone thought there was going to be a time skip because "time warp" was an asset that was apart of the jailor's transporting thing he would walk through. Come to find out it was just a reused asset from the Cavern's Black Morass dungeon. As for a reason why the quest text was updated for 9.0 alpha, the level squish happened and all quests had to be updated in one way or another, someone probably just thought it would be fine to change this one a bit, and the name screams placeholder.
    If you want more examples just look at that Pyro guys channel as all his lore theories are based on nonsense like this and they are all essentially wrong if not fun little listens.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2022-03-29 at 06:40 PM.

they proved fuck all
    they used weak links and regurgitated garbage from previous videos like always

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Please, tell me more. /s
    I apologise if I've offended you somehow?!

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

"I am here to tell you that the Tinker Class has gone beyond the realm of speculation and onto the very boundaries of existence"

"100% gauranteed to be the next playable Class"

Trust nothing they say when regarding 'beyond speculation'.
    That's my thoughts.
    To be fair
    Tinkers still could be the next class. Just wasn’t the class in the expansion right after BFA.

But I doubt they’d have all this work in 9.2.5 to unlock DRs if they’re a class.
    This seems like a green-fire type cosmetic option for hunters, as well as unlocking the DR customization that’s already in the files for N/Belves and humans.

Definitely a nail in the coffin of a DR class nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    For some reason people will still believe their 'predictions' with clickbaity titles more than random daily MMo-Champ leak threads.
    which just goes to show that literaly ANYTHING is more believable than mmo-c leaks...
    which, given that roughly 99% of mmo-c leaks were always pure bullshit, is fair assumption

Honestly I can buy into this mostly because of the fact that there was the leaked Shadowlands ad that mentioned Dark Rangers alongside the leaked ad that showed the Bastion concept art.

I can 100% believe that Dark Rangers were intended to be introduced as part of Shadowlands but they were cut from the game last minute. It would fit with the feeling that SL was severely cut down and also explains why SL was one of the few expansion not to feature any new classes or races (the other being WoD which similarly had tons of cut content). When SL was revealed I remembered the expansion highlights video feeling extremely empty and this could be why.

I don't particularly care about Dark Rangers so I don't care if this is true or not, but I could definitely see Blizzard pushing them out an entire expansion in order to release SL on time.

I apologise if I've offended you somehow?!
    I watched the video, I see the information.

It's just a new quest line tying loose ends that remained open at the end of BFA, and was not addressed at all throughout all of Shadowlands. It doesn't indicate a playable anything in the future. I mean, the end of the video even posits that it could be some sort of Class Skin (which they dedicated a completely different video on).

They weren't any more or less playable even after BFA. And presenting this at the end of an expansion doesn't mean anything since they don't foreshadow new classes through questlines like these anyways. Look at how the Death Knights, Monks and Demon Hunters all get introduced with little-to-no warning, while their starting zones take place shortly in the past to explain how they become playable.

There's no reason this has anything to do with a playable class, and it's mostly bait for what could simply be more Racial (or even class) customization options if anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    To be fair
    Tinkers still could be the next class. Just wasn’t the class in the expansion right after BFA.

But I doubt they’d have all this work in 9.2.5 to unlock DRs if they’re a class.
    This seems like a green-fire type cosmetic option for hunters, as well as unlocking the DR customization that’s already in the files for N/Belves and humans.

Definitely a nail in the coffin of a DR class nonetheless.
    I think that's fair. But these videos are still clickbait more than insight. At this point, you can say *any* class is going to be the next class and as long as Blizzard makes no new classes, it'd still be possible.

They said the same thing about Tinkers being playable in 'the expansion after BFA' because of Mechagon and the Engineer NPCs in Island Expeditions.

"I am here to tell you that the Tinker Class has gone beyond the realm of speculation and onto the very boundaries of existence"

That's my thoughts.
    They were right about tinker, just not the parent expansion. That's 10.0.

Doesnt make much sense since the story itself was basically dropped out of existence

Yeah but they have datamined evidence of quests being updated and changed along with maps of the areas for the DR side quest.
    Just because something is datamined doesn't mean it ever makes it to the game. For example in Cataclysm there were datamined quests in Silithus where C'thun wasn't dead and was attacking Cenarion Hold. Another, more recent example, in BFA there was entire datamined map and instance for a Barrens/Mulgore Warfront.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

So, more proof than any other class... even though it's paper thin.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    According to the EoA leak, dark rangers are in fact coming in 10.0, just not the way many people expected. If true, they will be a class skin for forsaken, blood elf, and night elf hunters.

we just got rid of the only two famous dark rangers in the game, i kinda doubt that class is gonna be released next.

if you can even make a class out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So no proof just a theory that's been discussed every expansion since Legion.
    There's a lot of supporting evidence, including newly updated in-game files coming in 9.2.5 and data mined stuff, but ultimately yes, it's speculation. But it's not baseless.

Some stuff has been in the game since ~Legion, so there's no guarantee that it will become live in 10.0, but the evidence does suggest that it's more than just some pipe dream. The narrative, with Sylvanas fate, does mean they could come out of the woodwork and not be tied to her specifically.

Likelihood of a full blown class is slim, IMO. Class skin for Hunter seems MUCH more likely.

We'll see how much of it is true on April 19th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    So, more proof than any other class... even though it's paper thin.
    Well it essentially ends the notion of Dark Ranger as a stand-alone class.

Dark ranger seems way more generally acceptable of a class than tinkers.

While not everyone *wants* dark rangers.
    A large portion of us *hate* the idea of a tinker class.

Also these two youtubers are so FUCKING annoying. holy shit.

3 more weeks of this non-stop bullshit parade.. proven my ass. /sigh
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post
    Seems really convincing

what are your thoughts ?
    since when she (Evitel) looks that good ?

she is indeed an IILF (Influencer i like to f…)

- - - Updated - - -

They said the same thing about Tinkers being playable in 'the expansion after BFA' because of Mechagon and the Engineer NPCs in Island Expeditions.

That's my thoughts.
    tbh, its the same with Bellulars „now we got it“ videos, where he shows up why all the cliffhangers and small hints lead to THIS next xpac. look at his videos page. he did more than 5 of them in the last 2 months. half showing the reason why next xpac is dragon isles, other half why its light vs void etc. its just click bait. same with T&E.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Dark ranger seems way more generally acceptable of a class than tinkers.

While not everyone *wants* dark rangers.
    A large portion of us *hate* the idea of a tinker class.

Also these two youtubers are so FUCKING annoying. holy shit.
    You mean a small number of vocal posters on this forum hate Tinkers. There is no data showing what the playerbase at large prefers; however, Engineers are a staple video game archetype.

This has a decent summary under the video games section:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheEngineer

On topic: I doubt WoW is going to get another agility based class in the next decade, but class skins are certainly a possibility.