Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    They know how the youtube algorithm works and how to get wow players to click on their video
    Yeah but if they really wanted clicks he should have done a Why Wow sucks or 10 reason why Wow is bad, everyone know thats where the real amount of clicks are.

That would make even people who hate him watch the video.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    ok ok, so IILF stands for internetlady i like to f…
    She already has two children, so I think we can safely call her a MILF.

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    Doesn't even make sense, why have add another bow and arrow class?

Just dump the survival spec and replace it with whatever the fuck dark ranger is.
    Why add demon hunters who are more agile rogues? Why add warlocks who are just edgy mages? Your logic doesn't really add up considering the other classes already in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Well yeah, Dark Rangers as a form of class customisation option for hunters is the only way to go and really it is a good idea IMO.
    It's clear that it would be difficult to either add them as their own race or class, especially considering the last class they added was elf-exclusive.

- - - Updated - - -

Watch the video before commenting LOL
    I did watch it. And my points remain. I was just commenting on all the "leaks" who were saying Tinkers are coming.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gimmicks and mimics everywhere...
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

the Dark Ranger class is already available in 9.2

here's how you do it

1. create a hunter - preferably an elf
    2. name it something cool and dark like Sorrow
    3. tame a spider
    4. download the addon Total RP and change Hunter by Dark Ranger in the class field
    5. get the right mog and maybe a glyph or two
    6. congratulations ! You are a Dark Ranger.

Now maybe we can move on from here and hope that Blizzard add an actually interesting class in the next expansion

Quote Originally Posted by kanagawa View Post
    the Dark Ranger class is already available in 9.2

here's how you do it

1. create a hunter - preferably an elf
    2. name it something cool and dark like Sorrow
    3. tame a spider
    4. download the addon Total RP and change Hunter by Dark Ranger in the class field
    5. get the right mog and maybe a glyph or two
    6. congratulations ! You are a Dark Ranger.

Now maybe we can move on from here and hope that Blizzard add an actually interesting class in the next expansion
    This is purely disingenuous as the same could be said about many other class wants, so don't dismiss things Teriz/Varx.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    This is purely disingenuous as the same could be said about many other class wants, so don't dismiss things Teriz/Varx.
    I am not the Tinker guy

Morning y'all

unpopular opinion here but, dark rangers DON'T have enough force or personality to be an entire new class. TOO similar to what we have in game. it could be a RELLY GOOD new spec or class skin, but as a new class? no they don't.

they could join as a 4th spec for Rougues ( would be the most fitting one if you see Subtetly spec) or hunters, even DH and DK could be, as we see in other RPGS Strengh based archers.

Tinkers in the other side, have a HUGE really specific characteristics that can be used as an entire new class, such as mechas, bombs, drones and turrets ( acting as shamans old totens)
    The other one is Dragonsworn, they have really speficic characteristics too, they have the aspects and can be way more the 3 specs if you look at the blue, bronze, red and dark flights.

see the difference? tinkers or dragon sworn have WAY better options then dark ranger or Wardens. they are just really good specs or skins and thats it.

but yeah, April 19 can prove me wrong

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcos Voadores View Post
    Morning y'all

unpopular opinion here but, dark rangers DON'T have enough force or personality to be an entire new class. TOO similar to what we have in game. it could be a RELLY GOOD new spec or class skin, but as a new class? no they don't.
    That never stopped Blizzard before. They gave Warlocks death coil, which in WCIII was the iconic ability of death knights. Also they took away the metamorphosis mechanic when it was time to implement Demon Hunters. And they still play like edgy rogues with impractical weapons. DH's I mean. If there is a will, there will be a way.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    we just got rid of the only two famous dark rangers in the game, i kinda doubt that class is gonna be released next.

if you can even make a class out of it.
    Not sure what "getting rid of famous dark rangers" has to do with the "class" becoming playable. How many monks were famous before they became playable? Oh yeah, none.

They could certainly make it playable. Incorporate old school survival hunter into it. Make it a 1 spec class. Ranged physical DPS with dots like Black arrow and stuff. Make it play the way sylvanas fought against the Jailer.

It wouldnt be too far outside the lore for azerothians to learn domination magic. We spent a patch figuring out how to counter it. Seems like it would be easy enough to reverse the counter and learn to wield it. We have the technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Is there now some conspiracy going on that all "pro"-Tinkers posts ever is from the same guy, but with different accounts?

Anyways, Dark Rangers as a separate class will never happen. The recent leaks just further prove that any movements in regards to them will be content for hunters specifically.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Not sure what "getting rid of famous dark rangers" has to do with the "class" becoming playable. How many monks were famous before they became playable? Oh yeah, none.
    Technically we had Chen. Granted his WCIII Class was Brewmaster, but you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Three Faced Goddess View Post
    Wow. I'm convinced that everyone hates each other on these forums and wishes nothing but unhappiness for those who like something they don't.

"I don't like Dark Rangers so I'm going to shit on your hopes and dreams."

"I don't like Tinkers so I'm going to be dick."

Seriously, the amount of schadenfreude in these forums is ridiculous. By all means, make each other feel like shit and mock each other for simply discussing something.

PS: An excerpt from the new Sylvanas book states that Dark Rangers fall among the Darkfallen category (which is likely all undead/cursed elves) along with San'layn and can also be blood mages. So much for they can only be hunters.
    Well, that adds to my suspicion about some things in this expansion feel like prototypes/test for new classes:
    • A bunch of covenant abilities feel like tests for DR:
      • "Door of Shadows": general movement (like how double jump + glide is DH's).
      • "Sinful Brand", "Swarming Mist", "Ravenous Frenzy" for melee DR.
      • The "Skeleton Command" effect for "Fleshcraft" looks like a test for the DR effect of raising corpses of your enemies.
    • Rae'shalare's ability for ranged DR.
    • "Conqueror's Banner" could be a signature ability for Blademasters
    • "Soulshape" blink for Warden
    • "Mirrors of Torment" reminds me, in concept, how you would translate "Warden's Cage" ability from HotS Maiev to WoW
    • "Death Chakram" for Sentinel (mid range glaive DPS)
    • "Wild Spirits" for Priest of the Moon

BFA also had a bunch of these things that make me feel like they're testing new things to see what works or feels good before amalgamate into new classes.

I doubt it... assuming it needs at least 2 specs I'm struggling to think of what wow is missing and what wouldn't break the game by adding.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why people still entertain discussion from those guys is beyond me, they might as well scroll mmochampion trying to scoop things to make clickbait videos, not even the "theories" are original

Quote Originally Posted by Porcos Voadores View Post
    Morning y'all

they could join as a 4th spec for Rougues ( would be the most fitting one if you see Subtetly spec) or hunters, even DH and DK could be, as we see in other RPGS Strengh based archers.

Tinkers in the other side, have a HUGE really specific characteristics that can be used as an entire new class, such as mechas, bombs, drones and turrets ( acting as shamans old totens)
    The other one is Dragonsworn, they have really speficic characteristics too, they have the aspects and can be way more the 3 specs if you look at the blue, bronze, red and dark flights.

see the difference? tinkers or dragon sworn have WAY better options then dark ranger or Wardens. they are just really good specs or skins and thats it.

but yeah, April 19 can prove me wrong
    The same argument could be said about tinkers being any class with engineering.
    Or monks being bear-hand rogues.
    Or DH being rogues or warlocks.
    Or DK being a paladin skin.

If they want, they can make them suficiently different to be new class just addding new things or changing what we previously saw while maintaining the core concept.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post

They could certainly make it playable. Incorporate old school survival hunter into it. Make it a 1 spec class. Ranged physical DPS with dots like Black arrow and stuff. Make it play the way sylvanas fought against the Jailer.

It wouldnt be too far outside the lore for azerothians to learn domination magic. We spent a patch figuring out how to counter it. Seems like it would be easy enough to reverse the counter and learn to wield it. We have the technology.
    They could perfectly make 3 specs:
    - The "HotS Sylvanas" spec: ranged
    - The "Nathanos" spec: melee, ¿maybe a permanent pet to reflect the concept of his dogs?
    - The "Banshee" spec: more CC oriented, ¿make it play alternating between melee and range?

Those are just examples made on the spot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I honestly don't see why engineer wouldn't be intellect... You don't become an engineer by being agile, lol.
    Yeah, if it would be me, I would make them primary stat Int, Tank/Healer/Range DPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I doubt it... assuming it needs at least 2 specs I'm struggling to think of what wow is missing and what wouldn't break the game by adding.
    Well, technically, with WoW running with the "Holy Trinity" paradigm, you only really need Tank Warrior, Holy Priest and Rogue/Hunter. Everything else is just extra.

Oh god i hope not.

Last thing we need is constant reminders of Sylvanas.

I could see a transmog of some sort and maybe wailing arrow becoming a talent for marks.

If it's just some cosmetic/customization option for elves, I don't care. If it's a new class only available for elves I will be disappointed. I just can't play as an elf, I tried many times but I always end up thinking "meh, boring" and delete the character. After DH it would be the second elf-exclusive content and I don't want that.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWordAnal View Post
    Can someone summarize it so I can spare the brain cell loss of watching a T&E video
    Hunter-specific questchain unlocking dark ranger class skin, lots of datamined maps and info that points in the direction of a scrapped dark ranger class that would've been a preorder SL bonus possibly being reshaped into this instead.

I mean I'd be for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Imrindar View Post
    They can't even manage the classes that are in the game now. One of the major reasons I stopped playing is because of the inconsistency in class and spec balance between patches and expansions. I got tired of investing time, effort, and care into something that might be significantly underpowered some months down the road. Having account bound everything would ease the pain of this a little bit by making rerolling or playing alt significantly easier, but that's a good idea so we know they won't do it.
    every single spec in the game is able to clear mythic in a WR 200-300 range the balance is realy good, youre just mad cuz bad
    I.O BFA Season 3