Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    It doesn't matter. They're in the same expansion. Sylvanas wouldn't be introducing them, most likely. It just that her character needed to be wrapped up and fully developed.

Sylvanas wasn't the big baddie of the expansion. You wouldn't introduce a group of Dark Rangers to take down the first patch's raid boss.
    Secondly, just like Illidan, she has a book explaining her reasons and background.
    Thirdly, it is better to fully develop Sylvanas, the main Dark Ranger, before introducing the class. You know, between 8.3 and 10.0, she's defeated the Lich King using new powers, she's had raid encounter abilities, and she had her soul returned to her. All of which can be applied to new Dark Rangers.
    You forgot the main reason, Alliance can get Dark Rangers too now which was the biggest downside of the class since it was formally Horde only.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Guys! Blizzard is going to take a new approach! Forget about dark rangers and tinkers!

The new 100% confirmed class is Dark Tinkers! Edgy class with mechas, turrets, guns, and missiles! And lots and lots of shadow magic!
    I think it can be Tinker Rangers instead!
    Tinkers with bows and xbows!

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    You forgot the main reason, Alliance can get Dark Rangers too now which was the biggest downside of the class since it was formally Horde only.
    I know that. Not to mention Dark Wardens adding the possibility for a tanking spec.

If it's a class, they can just give it to Forsaken and Void Elves too, opening them up to a couple more options than Demon Hunters.
    Forsaken for obvious reasons - they're literally undead themselves and could benefit from the spell effects, and be the former trainees of Nathanos, Void Elves look like vampires already and have a connection to Dar'khan. Any sort of shadow theme skin or class suits them. They could also pick up a few of the Darkfallen that are taking things too far potentially. Good story potential.

Making a class for just two races feels like such a race. Bringing it up to 4, and giving to a second Alliance race that'd actually likely love the aesthetic of it, would make it a bit better for them. This is a really Horde focused concept sadly, so making it at least cool for the other side would make it fun for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    "I am here to tell you that the Tinker Class has gone beyond the realm of speculation and onto the very boundaries of existence"

"100% gauranteed to be the next playable Class"

Trust nothing they say when regarding 'beyond speculation'.
    That's my thoughts.
    Throw 1000 pieces of shit and some will stick. The dudes insufferable, he spouts random theories, a few points here or there are right obviously by sheer coincidence, then he winky face says "I spoke to a dev". He very well may get some info we don't, but he sure as shit knows nothing about 10.0.

It doesn't matter. They're in the same expansion. Sylvanas wouldn't be introducing them, most likely. It just that her character needed to be wrapped up and fully developed.

Sylvanas wasn't the big baddie of the expansion. You wouldn't introduce a group of Dark Rangers to take down the first patch's raid boss.
    Secondly, just like Illidan, she has a book explaining her reasons and background.
    Thirdly, it is better to fully develop Sylvanas, the main Dark Ranger, before introducing the class. You know, between 8.3 and 10.0, she's defeated the Lich King using new powers, she's had raid encounter abilities, and she had her soul returned to her. All of which can be applied to new Dark Rangers.
    So you don't think Dark Rangers could have been in Shadowlands at all because Sylvanas' arc was not done, and the only way they could add them is after the expansion?

I'm not convinced of your argument, considering we were talking about Dark Rangers in Shadowlands well before Shadowlands came out and you seemed to be fully supportive of them being playable without 'Sylvanas concluding her arc first'.

Are you sure you're not just arguing for the sake of not wanting to agree with my theories here?

So you don't think Dark Rangers could have been in Shadowlands at all because Sylvanas' arc was not done, and the only way they could add them is after the expansion?

I'm not convinced of your argument, considering we were talking about Dark Rangers in Shadowlands well before Shadowlands came out and you seemed to be fully supportive of them being playable without 'Sylvanas concluding her arc first'.

Are you sure you're not just arguing for the sake of not wanting to agree with my theories here?
    I thought that too, i'm not gonna lie.
    But, seeing how they didn't introduce Dark Ranger and How Sylvanas didn't end up as the end boss, it makes sense for them to wait for her saga to be done with before introducing such a class due to all of the things her story adds to the Dark Ranger as a concept.

I really doubt Dark Rangers will be a class. I expect an AR, that can be multiple classes including hunter for the Dark Ranger look.

Way easier to do that than to struggle to make multiple specs for DRs.

- - - Updated - - -

What does Sylvanas matter at all? She is not the one introducing Dark Rangers to Horde and Alliance.

If this is a Velonara centric storyline, then we didn't need to wait on Sylvanas' story being concluded for more Dark Ranger lore.

There's actually no good reason why Velonara had been missing for this long since 8.1, except for the sake of Blizzard's convenience.
    Velonara appeared in 8.2.5 to show that not all DRs sided with Sylvanas.

Both races of rangers went with Calia in 8.3 but Velonara hasn’t been missing. The entirety of the remaining DRs have been doing something this whole expansion but she isn’t missing.

Dark Rangers as a new class. Blood elf and night elf only. Three specs. One ranged focusing on plague/poison damage, one ranged focusing on dark magic/drains and brittle minions ala black arrow, and a melee spec that has burst of stealth.

Have the expansion also offer up new race/class combinations. Specifically Draenei and orc demon hunters and the race thing isn't an issue

I thought that too, i'm not gonna lie.
    But, seeing how they didn't introduce Dark Ranger and How Sylvanas didn't end up as the end boss, it makes sense for them to wait for her saga to be done with before introducing such a class due to all of the things her story adds to the Dark Ranger as a concept.
    Yeah, but I wasn't talking about *if they didn't introduce Dark Ranger in 9.0*.

I said they could have introduced Dark Ranger in 9.0.

You replied that they can't because Sylvanas' story hasn't been concluded. That doesn't make sense considering Sylvanas' story arc has nothing to do with Dark Rangers being able to be playable in 8.3.5 or 9.0.

Just because you think it makes more sense to wait doesn't conflict with what I've said above. Dark Rangers could have been added at any time after BFA, because their story was already primed and ready. They've already been disassociated from Sylvanas, and given reason to join back with the Alliance and Horde. What more did you need here?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elflover99 View Post
    Velonara appeared in 8.2.5 to show that not all DRs sided with Sylvanas.

Both races of rangers went with Calia in 8.3 but Velonara hasn’t been missing. The entirety of the remaining DRs have been doing something this whole expansion but she isn’t missing.
    Ah, thank you for the clarification. I guess her being missing is something new to the 9.2.5 leaks.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Faced Goddess View Post
    I dunno this is pretty cool imo and also similar to an idea I had once that people laughed at/ignored.
    Some people don't like change. I really like how Genshin Impact explores the necessity of change.

Yeah, but I wasn't talking about *if they didn't introduce Dark Ranger in 9.0*.

I said they could have introduced Dark Ranger in 9.0.

You replied that they can't because Sylvanas' story hasn't been concluded. That doesn't make sense considering Sylvanas' story arc has nothing to do with Dark Rangers being able to be playable in 8.3.5 or 9.0.

Just because you think it makes more sense to wait doesn't conflict with what I've said above. Dark Rangers could have been added at any time after BFA, because their story was already primed and ready. They've already been disassociated from Sylvanas, and given reason to join back with the Alliance and Horde. What more did you need here?
    The fact that they weren't?
    You have to analyze why that was the case. And to me, with all the Dark Ranger hints, seems like they were waiting for her to be wrapped up.

The fact that they weren't?
    You have to analyze why that was the case. And to me, with all the Dark Ranger hints, seems like they were waiting for her to be wrapped up.
    We have plenty of data points to analyze.

Covid19. Blizzard Lawsuit investigations. Developers leaving WoW team. Activision walkouts.

These could have all impacted design plans.

And my tinfoil hat theory is that Dark Rangers may have been planned and cut. This theory serves to explain why we're seeing Dark Ranger content appearing sporadically, like a Legendary bow that has Dark Ranger abilities, or Velonara's story from BFA being concluded at the end of Shadowlands.

Sylvanas' story and arc has been completely told separately from any of the Dark Rangers we know of. Nathanos didn't even get a return in Shadowlands since his death in BFA.

-edit-

So in light of recent info, the *true leak* might have already been here all this time. If true, it looks like Dark Ranger will be a Class skin after all. I'm not sure how much new gameplay is involved, but looks like they will be Hunters who tame undead instead of pets. Microclasses look interesting for sure.

Nothing mentioned about new races being playable, so still have to wait and see. Otherwise, I fully expect you to say 'Shadowlands races could still happen in the future', so yeah, I don't think there's any more point for me to arguing how unlikely they will be playable for 10.0 since the cat's pretty much out of the bag now.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-04-03 at 01:49 AM.

Nathanos didn't even get a return in Shadowlands since his death in BFA.
    Which I think was a product of cutting corners. I absolutely think we were meant to see him but it hit the chopping block. I’m currently listening to the Sylvanas’ book and that line about “who we” was clearly about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Some people don't like change. I really like how Genshin Impact explores the necessity of change.
    That should obvious to me by now, but I don't seem to learn. Yes, change is necessary for all things and fosters growth/strength if one adapts.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

We have plenty of data points to analyze.

Covid19. Blizzard Lawsuit investigations. Developers leaving WoW team. Activision walkouts.

These could have all impacted design plans.

And my tinfoil hat theory is that Dark Rangers may have been planned and cut. This theory serves to explain why we're seeing Dark Ranger content appearing sporadically, like a Legendary bow that has Dark Ranger abilities, or Velonara's story from BFA being concluded at the end of Shadowlands.

Sylvanas' story and arc has been completely told separately from any of the Dark Rangers we know of. Nathanos didn't even get a return in Shadowlands since his death in BFA.
    Yes. The jump from BfA to now seems to be a likely scenario.

-edit-

So in light of recent info, the *true leak* might have already been here all this time. If true, it looks like Dark Ranger will be a Class skin after all. I'm not sure how much new gameplay is involved, but looks like they will be Hunters who tame undead instead of pets. Microclasses look interesting for sure.
    What recent info?

Nothing mentioned about new races being playable, so still have to wait and see. Otherwise, I fully expect you to say 'Shadowlands races could still happen in the future', so yeah, I don't think there's any more point for me to arguing how unlikely they will be playable for 10.0 since the cat's pretty much out of the bag now.
    No mention where?

They didn't prove anything

What recent info?

No mention where?
    Dragonflight. Lots for you to catch up on, but theres an old leak that's possibly detailed the whole expansion.

They said the same thing about Tinkers being playable in 'the expansion after BFA' because of Mechagon and the Engineer NPCs in Island Expeditions.

"I am here to tell you that the Tinker Class has gone beyond the realm of speculation and onto the very boundaries of existence"

"100% gauranteed to be the next playable Class"

Trust nothing they say when regarding 'beyond speculation'.
    That's my thoughts.
    Tbh that was an extremely safe bet, I thought the same thing too. I think they just got delayed to this upcoming expansion.

Just watched that video today and mmoc had the thread on top, so I figured I'd hop in.

My assessment? T&E make a decent argument but I am not convinced they're coming. Similar to the Tinkers video, there's a bit of tongue-in-cheek going on, but they're definitely not 'confirming' them like some are taking from the title (or the tinker video's title). That's more clickbait-y than substance. They make a solid argument that, at the least we're likely to see something involving dark rangers through that frequently updated quest text, along with conspicuous encrypted data such as Calia Menethil and Deathknell files.

Personally I'd prefer dark rangers over tinkers, but I imagine we'll know in ~2 weeks.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis