Question Grimrail depot - last boss - spear

Hey,

The last boss in Grimrail depot has her spear ability. According to the ingame guide, it says "a target", while wowhead guide says "always on the tank". In the few runs i did, it was indeed always on me (atleast as far as i noticed), but on my last +16 the boss turned 180° a few times and targetted a ranged. I want to know if I am do something wrong, because i was yelled at ...

So my possible thoughts are:

- Is it random, but higher change on tank?
    - Is it the closest character? Maybe a melee stood closer than myself.
    - Is it because i maybe stood to close to a wall or edge and the boss requires x-range space and if not picks another target?

One time i stood in the dead middle and still boss turned 180° to target a ranged.
    Then i also tried to not move when the thunder falls on the ground, untill spear happed, and still she turned. So there was noone close beside me and i stood in the middle.

Thanks for any clarrification.

/wave

Spear prefers the tank but its on any target, has nothing to do with where you face her, apparently it was also bugged the first day and she didnt root herself to cast it which made it much more interesting since she chased the target around

15+ Year Old Account
    It's definitely not purely on the tank.

I've only done it once, but I was tanking and I'm not sure it ever picked me. I certainly didn't get hit by it, whereas 2 different ranged DPS died to it.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

and i thought you just move a step because the spear targets the place where a party member is standing... it does not actually target them directly

10+ Year Old Account
    the spear is entirely random. She turns to face where she throws it. Try not to get hit

10+ Year Old Account
    The guide is wrong. It picks a player at random and throws where they were standing. Once she picks a direction, you can safely move and avoid it (and should). She seems to have a preference for picking those in melee range (whether tank or dps), but it doesn't appear to be a hard rule; if you don't have melee or they are dead, she will just as easily pick ranged/healer. I am not sure if I have been picked as a healer when all the melee were alive, but my sample size is only a handful of runs over the last two weeks, two of which were duo'd by just me and the tank for the last ~20% which can cause all sorts of mechanics weirdness. That said, even if melee is alive, if you're at range standing in the path after a targeted melee moves, you'll still get killed so, yknow, don't.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |