Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    You are clueless. Paladins are not warrior or priests, they are their very own thing.
    Learn the lore, then talk about it.
    From the WoW game guide for paladins: "These holy warriors are equipped with plate armor so they can confront the toughest of foes, and the blessing of the Light allows them to heal wounds and, in some cases, even restore life to the dead.

From the WoW game guide for priests: "Walking the line between Shadow and Light, Priests heal allies with powerful holy magic and sling sinister spells in tandem

Post first war paladins were created from priests (clerics) who needed to train as warriors

From WoWWiki on paladins: "The paladin is a "warrior of the Holy Light".

"Empowered by the Light, these mighty warriors brandished both their warhammers and holy fire in the battle against all those who would trample the weak and innocent.

Yeah I'm the clueless one.
    Last edited by ZazuuPriest; 2022-04-07 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Blood elves absolutely do have paladins, they're just called blood knight. Zandalari have paladins too, called prelates. Same goes to Tauren, called Sunwalkers.

so you're 100% wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Class restrictions is fucking stupid. There's a reason why the vast majority of MMOs don't race lock classes and why D&D got rid of class restrictions. The majority of people do NOT like it.
    You already answered your own question. Blood Elves to not channel Light, their power came from an imprisoned Naaru before eventually channeling their powers from the Sunwell.

Prelates channeled their powers from Rezan, not the Light.

Sunwalkers channel their powers from the Sun as a balance to the Night Elves worship of the Moon, not the Light.

None of these in lore are true Paladins, just justification for those races to have that class. Yet for gameplay purposes they are all “Paladins.”

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    No I didn't say it's going to ruin the game, it's going to be another cut of the 1000 bad decision cuts that are continuing to ruin the game.
    So you can't give me a single good reason for it then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    You already answered your own question. Blood Elves to not channel Light, their power came from an imprisoned Naaru before eventually channeling their powers from the Sunwell.

Prelates channeled their powers from Rezan, not the Light.

Sunwalkers channel their powers from the Sun as a balance to the Night Elves worship of the Moon, not the Light.

None of these in lore are true Paladins, just justification for those races to have that class. Yet for gameplay purposes they are all “Paladins.”
    You're incredibly wrong about blood knights. They definitely do channel the Light. Prelates serve Rezan but they still wield the Light. And there is nothing saying the Sunwalkers don't wield the Light as well.

They are all true paladins. You're so insanely wrong it's not even funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I feel like half the people who make posts like this think to themselves "blood elf druid and night elf paladin!" when the reality is, that is a tough pill to swallow when you also introduce Pandaren Demon Hunters, Goblin Paladins and Tauren Rogues.
    Don't forget Forsaken Paladins.

when we have undead Scarlet NPCs in EPL that can use paladin abilities like Exorcism without any drawbacks. Theoretically any Undead that tries to use The Light will hurt themselves yet ... we have Forsaken Priests that "wince a little" when they use Holy Abilities. Goblin Paladins same thing, we have Goblin Priests that can wield The Light.

The idea of restrictions based off of Race is silly.

*Thick Jersey Accent* "Hey, yous... Naaru Thing. I tells you what you gimmie some of that Power and I'll go out there and smack some Undead Zombies around in your name"

And thus the Goblin Paladin is born.

"THIS ONE'S FOR ADELE! I MEAN ADOLL!" *bashes Zombie head in* "Adoll? A'dal? Adele? ADelelelelelelewoooooooop?"
    Last edited by SinR; 2022-04-07 at 07:28 PM. Reason: I Added more funny stuff because I thought it was funny
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Don't forget Forsaken Paladins.

when we have undead Scarlet NPCs in EPL that can use paladin abilities like Exorcism without any drawbacks. Theoretically any Undead that tries to use The Light will hurt themselves yet ... we have Forsaken Priests that "wince a little" when they use Holy Abilities. Goblin Paladins same thing, we have Goblin Priests that can wield The Light.

The idea of restrictions based off of Race is silly.

- - - Updated - - -

*Thick Jersey Accent* "Hey, yous... Naaru Thing. I tells you what you gimmie some of that Power and I'll go out there and smack some Undead Zombies around in your name"

And thus the Goblin Paladin is born.
    Goblins have Brooklyn accents, not Jersey accents. Jersey accents are a myth. I would know...i live here :P

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Some race/class combinations make no sense simply based on the very origin of the races.

A Draenei Warlock or DH makes no sense, for instance, and that'd be especially true for Lightforged Draenei (whereas a DK can be explained as simply being resurrected post lightforging).

If the race was Eredar or Krokul/Broken it could make perfect sense for them to wield fel magic, but Draenei specifically do not and will never make sense.
    It`s kinda boring to view a race or culture as a monolith.
    Yes the Draenei in general might view the study of fel as a violation of their core principle, but whether for profit, gain or simply glory, some are bound to be
    drawn to the temptation of promised greater power.

Any class to any race can be justified and explained, and it`s that creative possibility which lends itself well to offering nuance and individuality.
    We are told that we as players are individualistic, that our voice matters, but to no small extent, we are just a drop in the ocean of .. Dwarves, Pandaren, Orcs etc.
    Allow players to create their own stories, shape their own characters, to have their own voice as they choose it.

It will happen eventually. The last time they lifted restrictions it felt like a massive boom in race changes. So its probably a back pocket item they will pull out again when they need some extra zoom zoom.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    Yes the Draenei in general might view the study of fel as a violation of their core principle, but whether for profit, gain or simply glory, some are bound to be

Any class to any race can be justified and explained, and it`s that creative possibility which lends itself well to offering nuance and individuality.
    We are told that we as players are individualistic, that our voice matters, but to no small extent, we are just a drop in the ocean of .. Dwarves, Pandaren, Orcs etc.
    Allow players to create their own stories, shape their own characters, to have their own voice as they choose it.
    Yup. Its like saying a white guy can never do job X because of his race. Makes no sense. Probably is even seen as hateful. I probably will get reported for that example its so out of line. Yet.. the people reporting me are fighting for that very cause in the game.

So you can't give me a single good reason for it then.

- - - Updated - - -

You're incredibly wrong about blood knights. They definitely do channel the Light. Prelates serve Rezan but they still wield the Light. And there is nothing saying the Sunwalkers don't wield the Light as well.

They are all true paladins. You're so insanely wrong it's not even funny.
    These are all examples, there are a ton, I doubt you'll admit being wrong so I'm not going to bother listing any, on to your misunderstanding of lore:

Bloodknights specifically never channeled the light, the old "blood elf" paladins used to channel the light, but lost their faith post Arthas. Bloodknights were formed in the aftermath and steal the light from a naaru, and more recently they get it from the sunwell. To bloodknights, the light is a magik, its not faith, they technically aren't paladins.
    Tauren sunwalkers are not paladins either, they are sun/light using druids, thats how they describe themselves.
    Prelates get their power through the loa, its a source of magik to them as well, they are not really paladins.

Only human, Dwarf, and the few undead who didnt lose their faith are actual paladins. Everyone else is a purposeful ape of the paladins or really a gameplay decision to just call them paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    I wanted Goblin and Worgen monks, since those are the only two races that don't have them.
    I don't understand why this wasn't added with the addition of the new starting zone. If you choose a goblin/worgen monk you get locked to the new starting zone, thus bypassing any issues. If you don't choose monk, you can do their traditional starting zones. Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post

Yeah but you're missing the point. The actual origin of the Draenei is that they're a subsection of the Eredar race that fled Argus with the help of a Naaru when Sargeras offered to induct them into his demonic army.

The Eredar that remained were subsequently turned into demons under the leadership of Archimonde and Kil'jaeden.

"Draenei" IE Exiled Ones/uncorrupted Eredar, engaging in fel magic would consequently no longer be Draenei but would simply be Eredar.

I'd like nothing more than to play an Eredar Warlock or DH, but as long as the race is called Draenei, it is nonsensical for them to engage in fel magic.

If the character creater made it painfully obvious that any "Draenei" Warlocks or DHs were not, in fact, Draenei but rather Eredar, and it was also reflected in-game in every imaginable tooltip, I'd be fine with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Any DM needing to whine when he hands down a decree has it wrong. It's their story, their world, their decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Satyrs were born as elves. It's not the hooves alone that deny tauren rogues; their culture does not have a place for them.
    Some folks, in addition to the culture thing, try to argue "but they have hooves, they can't be stealthy!" So I point to satyr and grimtotem.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Tauren demon hunters? Flying cows, if you will.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Tauren demon hunters? Flying cows, if you will.
    Wait it Horns,Hooves,self-harming?
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    These are all examples, there are a ton, I doubt you'll admit being wrong so I'm not going to bother listing any, on to your misunderstanding of lore:

Bloodknights specifically never channeled the light, the old "blood elf" paladins used to channel the light, but lost their faith post Arthas. Bloodknights were formed in the aftermath and steal the light from a naaru, and more recently they get it from the sunwell. To bloodknights, the light is a magik, its not faith, they technically aren't paladins.
    Tauren sunwalkers are not paladins either, they are sun/light using druids, thats how they describe themselves.
    Prelates get their power through the loa, its a source of magik to them as well, they are not really paladins.

Only human, Dwarf, and the few undead who didnt lose their faith are actual paladins. Everyone else is a purposeful ape of the paladins or really a gameplay decision to just call them paladins.
    So again....you have absolutely no good reason to be opposed to getting rid of class restrictions. So instead of admitting that, you just say you're not going to list any since you assume I won't admit I'm wrong. Oh, the irony.

Blood knights are paladins and are called as such in the lore by Blizzard. So saying they're not paladins is just you trying to say Blizzard is wrong. Sunwalkers also definitely channel the Light. They just believe it comes from An'she. It's no different than kaldorei priests wielding the Light but believing it comes from Elune. And finall prelates are definitely paladins because they are still wielding the Light. Are you going to say Vindicators aren't paladins too?

You really need to stop with these headcanons you come up with to try and justify class restrictions remaining in place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Yeah but you're missing the point. The actual origin of the Draenei is that they're a subsection of the Eredar race that fled Argus with the help of a Naaru when Sargeras offered to induct them into his demonic army.

The Eredar that remained were subsequently turned into demons under the leadership of Archimonde and Kil'jaeden.

"Draenei" IE Exiled Ones/uncorrupted Eredar, engaging in fel magic would consequently no longer be Draenei but would simply be Eredar.

I'd like nothing more than to play an Eredar Warlock or DH, but as long as the race is called Draenei, it is nonsensical for them to engage in fel magic.

If the character creater made it painfully obvious that any "Draenei" Warlocks or DHs were not, in fact, Draenei but rather Eredar, and it was also reflected in-game in every imaginable tooltip, I'd be fine with it.
    As you pointed out, draenei is simply the word for exiled ones. It doesn't mean "can never use fel". So saying they're stop being a draenei if they use fel magic makes absolutely no sense. Furthermore, all draenei are Eredar. The corrupted ones are called man'ari.

If they ever do race-themed class skins I'd agree but until then fuck no

They should open it up a bit more, but not fully. Can't see a tauren demon hunter.

Once you know the game, its world, stories, denizens, etc. of course you want to expand.

But to get in touch with the different races and cultures, this restriction brings a lot. Having maghar not able to be warlocks and able to be priests make a lot of sense and bring flavour to both them and the green orcs.

I know that some people want their character to be the exception that has no boundaries etc. and maybe the game could introduce something to unlock some race-class.

But what I fear is that a couple of years forward and this will become a new default and we would have lost the flavour, new players wouldn't be as charmed.

I have some very found memories of checking vanilla-BC races and picturing what made them unique due to what class they could pick. Blood elves not having the warrior class was very nice.

Today every alliance race can be warrior, death knight, mage, priest and hunter. That reduces drastically the appeal of such races.

When you think of druids, shaman and paladins, you get this idea of restricted art and it is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    Once you know the game, its world, stories, denizens, etc. of course you want to expand.

But to get in touch with the different races and cultures, this restriction brings a lot. Having maghar not able to be warlocks and able to be priests make a lot of sense and bring flavour to both them and the green orcs.

I know that some people want their character to be the exception that has no boundaries etc. and maybe the game could introduce something to unlock some race-class.

But what I fear is that a couple of years forward and this will become a new default and we would have lost the flavour, new players wouldn't be as charmed.

I have some very found memories of checking vanilla-BC races and picturing what made them unique due to what class they could pick. Blood elves not having the warrior class was very nice.

Today every alliance race can be warrior, death knight, mage, priest and hunter. That reduces drastically the appeal of such races.

When you think of druids, shaman and paladins, you get this idea of restricted art and it is a good thing.
    Then whats the excuse for Ztroll warlocks? They existed in lore, but then blizzard decided no doubt some stupid reason.

So again....you have absolutely no good reason to be opposed to getting rid of class restrictions. So instead of admitting that, you just say you're not going to list any since you assume I won't admit I'm wrong. Oh, the irony.

Blood knights are paladins and are called as such in the lore by Blizzard. So saying they're not paladins is just you trying to say Blizzard is wrong. Sunwalkers also definitely channel the Light. They just believe it comes from An'she. It's no different than kaldorei priests wielding the Light but believing it comes from Elune. And finall prelates are definitely paladins because they are still wielding the Light. Are you going to say Vindicators aren't paladins too?

You really need to stop with these headcanons you come up with to try and justify class restrictions remaining in place.

- - - Updated - - -

As you pointed out, draenei is simply the word for exiled ones. It doesn't mean "can never use fel". So saying they're stop being a draenei if they use fel magic makes absolutely no sense. Furthermore, all draenei are Eredar. The corrupted ones are called man'ari.
    For argument's sake, even if we disregard Draenei for a moment, how would you explain Lightforged Draenei? They've been battling the Legion for a thousand years under the command of the Prime Naaru Xe'ra that tried to forcibly Lightforge Illidan only to be utterly destroyed in turn.

Alleria was specifically shunned because she was dabbling in void powers. I do not forsee their order accepting any use of fel magic. It's really not a "fight fire with fire" kind of group.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Then whats the excuse for Ztroll warlocks? They existed in lore, but then blizzard decided no doubt some stupid reason.
    I am not sayong that there aren't some race-class combinations that could be added. Zandalari warlock don't come to mind honestly but Lightforged monk do. But they shouldn't enable any race to be any class.